Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
CLUCK CLUCK CLUCK
I don't care about fabric napkins I can tell you that. Although, I do love flowers and the scent they put off.
My wife has flowers all over outside. Inside not so much. I rarely notice any of that. I'm sure that's frustrating for her.
Um Hello???? Decorator towels? LOL

I love flowers too. I think lots of flowers planted outside make the front yard look so pretty and inviting. I don't have real flowers in the house that often though. But I am a big candle person. That's one thing I miss in the summer since I don't use candles that often then. In the fall I love a pumkin spice or apple cinnamon candle.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I don't have things just for decoration purposes, but, yeah, I care about every detail of my home in the sense that everything in there is chosen because I like to look at, use, or feel comfortable with it. I don't own much, but most of what I own has been acquired with that in mind.

Oh, as for flowers - I love flowers in my garden. Cut ones in my home, not that much.
Nope...........I just toss my socks where I take them off. Track mud through the house, stink up the bathroom, leave hair in the sink........hah
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
...make "nests/forts" out of the piles of garbage in the living room...
(09-05-2012, 04:26 PM)Maggot Wrote: Nope...........I just toss my socks where I take them off. Track mud through the house, stink up the bathroom, leave hair in the sink........hah

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO you're gonna get a spankin! 16
My zipper is stuck!!.........They wont come off!!! dammit!!!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
The only thing I care about is floors (wood and tile). I'm the only one allowed to clean the floors in my house. I have a way I want it done and I'm the one I trust to do it.

Everything else is SWIM's dept.
As I mentioned before my house is minimalist style, I don't like clutter or knick knacks. I do love flowers, however, and would have fresh cut ones in the house if I had a green thumb and could manage to grow them outside. I just seem to kill everything and if a flower does grow I don't dare molest it.
Gear do tell us your secrets to clean floors. I am somewhat of a freak when it comes to cleaning my floors. Nothing makes me happier than a brand new out of the box super duper vacuum. I am always looking for more efficient ways to get the job done to my satisfaction.
(09-05-2012, 07:25 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I am always looking for more efficient ways to get the job done to my satisfaction.

Get a Kenmore cannister if you have tile or hardwood. It gets under and around everything and leaves nothing behind. When I had my cleaning business I found it to be the best one and beats the shit out of that piece of shit Dyson.

Pulling the canister around is a little awkward at first, but you'll soon see that it picks up everything with ease. You can't get a regular vacuum behind the toilet or under the bed unless you pull out the stupid wand which is a pain in the ass. This thing sucks up pennies, dogfood and everything, doesn't get clogged and even gets under the couch.
(09-05-2012, 07:25 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Gear do tell us your secrets to clean floors. I am somewhat of a freak when it comes to cleaning my floors. Nothing makes me happier than a brand new out of the box super duper vacuum. I am always looking for more efficient ways to get the job done to my satisfaction.

Right now I'm using Armstrong HW floor cleaner for the wood and white vinegar/water solution for tile.
I have Pergo in the kitchen and dining room. While I love it, I can't find a mop that doesn't leave streaks on it when I clean with solution. Right now I'm using a mixture of hot tap water and boiled hot water to clean with but I can still see streaks, just not as bad. Is it the mop or the water?
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
^
Easy to blame the mop. I blame the moper.
(09-06-2012, 07:09 AM)LuciferLynn Wrote: I have Pergo in the kitchen and dining room. While I love it, I can't find a mop that doesn't leave streaks on it when I clean with solution. Right now I'm using a mixture of hot tap water and boiled hot water to clean with but I can still see streaks, just not as bad. Is it the mop or the water?

Use a micro fiber pad. One of those ones that look like little dreads. It's the mop.
(09-05-2012, 07:48 PM)sally Wrote:
(09-05-2012, 07:25 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I am always looking for more efficient ways to get the job done to my satisfaction.

Get a Kenmore cannister if you have tile or hardwood. It gets under and around everything and leaves nothing behind. When I had my cleaning business I found it to be the best one and beats the shit out of that piece of shit Dyson.

Pulling the canister around is a little awkward at first, but you'll soon see that it picks up everything with ease. You can't get a regular vacuum behind the toilet or under the bed unless you pull out the stupid wand which is a pain in the ass. This thing sucks up pennies, dogfood and everything, doesn't get clogged and even gets under the couch.

I'm getting that, dammit! I have a Dyson and i've never liked the bastard. The woman who cleans my house always brings her canister. Out of the goodness of my heart, I ought to have one there for her to use.

j/k. I have to run the vacuum too sometimes. Smiley_emoticons_slash
You don't work and you have a cleaning lady? I hate you!!

I have a Shark Navigator and it does work really good. But like Sally said, you have to remove the wand to get behind things and to use the floor attachment. I might have to invest in the canister.
Dyson.
I have had two Dyson's and both of them had problems with the hose after about 6 months. It would go flat and not suck. I even bought a new hose. Same probem.