Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
CLUCK CLUCK CLUCK
(04-19-2019, 06:46 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 08:27 PM)sally Wrote: I was looking for a mid century modern floor lamp for behind my sectional and came across this Eames house bird. I don't like little knick knacks and I don't know what it is about the damn thing, but I have to have one.

It's not my scene

Oh come on, you have a pig and rooster in your living room.
The guys like it when you say that.   39
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Don't let it talk to the candles.
I got my Eames house bird and upon further inspection on the website I noticed this. WTF is this, it looks like a little boy in a box and a cockaroach man, WTF? So creepy, I have to send the bird back. The creepy candlesticks are all I can take, maybe I'm just drawn to creepy shit.

[Image: xgc1T9x.png]
Seriously WTH is this? Click on the picture to see it closer.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&...9X1CkhSkmM
[Image: 510HxaTc45L.jpg]

That looks more like a miniature turtle than a cockroach, to me.

Anyway, I think Eames birds are really clean classic pieces.  They look good with every design aesthetic.

The pictured shelf has an interesting scale and mix of weird pieces, but it's not freaky or anything to me.

Looks like a shelf in a photographer's place or an ultra trendy coffee house or something like that.
Now you sound like Donald Trump. Beat around the bush much? It's some kind of crazy little boy in a box. Good God.
It gives me the impression of a milkman taking a break inside a hollowed tree trunk back in the day.

It's a weird little statue.  But, I don't find it freaky.

Then again, I might be kinda immune -- it's definitely not as freaky as some of the fucking Richard Simmons' dolls my mom had on display for a while.
[Image: rLu5frC.jpg]
Looks like some junk I would target practice with.

[Image: 510HxaTc45L.jpg]
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I like the clock but without the hands. I would hang it on the outside of my potting shed.
The clock is kind of a cool piece if you take off the hands. 

I like the Eames bird and the stone on a bench.  

The man in the wooden column and the turtle (or roach) man are too weird for my personal taste.  They seem more like conversation pieces for artsy creative types.
I fuckin' love buffalo check. Please, sweet Jesus, don't let me cross that line between, hey, that's really cute, to, holy fuck, what is she doing. Thank you.
You live on a horse farm, buffalo check probably fits with everything from your clothing to curtains.
E-I-E-I-O
Because I have to google every damn thing, I thought this was interesting:

Officially, Buffalo Plaid or check is " plaid with large blocks formed by the intersection of two different color yarns, typically red and black." Hang on a minute . . . .isn' that the Rob Roy tartan? It most certainly is and it's said that it was introduced to north America by a descendant of Rob Roy - one 'Jock McCluskey' sometime lawman, bounty hunter, fur trapper, gold miner and eventually Indian trader.

In the Indians' eyes, McCluskey was no ordinary white man. Awed by his strength and size, he was hailed an invincible warrior. Both feared and revered, he was equally admired for his compassion. In the anti-Indian holocaust that followed Custer's Last Stand, he was a rare white man indeed who dared to champion their cause. His reasons were as simple as they were personal: Their persecution and plight mirrored his own family clan' descent from nobility to hunted criminals.

http://www.tartansauthority.com/tartan/t...alo-plaid/
Sally, the flaming asshole of MockForums
[Image: xzwbrP0.png]
Check you out sista!
Fuck off, man hoor.
Sally, the flaming asshole of MockForums
[Image: xzwbrP0.png]
[Image: 130212-mardi-gras_itufup]
A seemingly innocent "cackling hens" comment sparked a thread that has lasted 7 years. Funny the things one remembers...
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.