Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
CLUCK CLUCK CLUCK

I can't remember if I talked about this in here or not, probably not but...I was looking for specific cookies over the holidays, they had to be sugar cookie snowflakes and they had to be large. I finally found a place that had them right before Christmas and those fricken cookies were $36 a dozen. Fuck that. So I bought a large snowflake cookie cutter. That's as far as I've gotten. I may give this a shot on Friday, how hard could it be.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(01-04-2017, 01:10 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I can't remember if I talked about this in here or not, probably not but...I was looking for specific cookies over the holidays, they had to be sugar cookie snowflakes and they had to be large. I finally found a place that had them right before Christmas and those fricken cookies were $36 a dozen. Fuck that. So I bought a large snowflake cookie cutter. That's as far as I've gotten. I may give this a shot on Friday, how hard could it be.

Most likely the give it a shot bitching will start by Saturday morning! hah hah hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Sugar cookies are pretty fragile, bight be why they were $36/doz, breakage and all.
Be careful rolling out the dough and get it even and not too thin
Sugar cookies can't be too hard. My co-worker brings them in all the time to share. That's why I'm not going on a diet and losing weight until I retire. FFS a different co-worker made an assortment of cookies and amother one made banana bread.

This is what I'm aiming for, or at the very least a reasonable facsimile.

My God. This is what it's come to, I'm talking about baking cookies FFS. Russian

[Image: snowflakewallpaper.jpg]
Mmmm...those look similar to Maple cookies. Now I'm hankerin' for some Maple cookies.
(01-04-2017, 07:26 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Mmmm...those look similar to Maple cookies. Now I'm hankerin' for some Maple cookies.

I've never been able to find them down here. I can't find Gramma Browns baked beans either. You've heard of them, haven't you?
It depends on if you want to eat them or just look at them I guess. I like my own baked beans Grandma's got nothing on mine!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Why don't you guys search the internet....you can probably find on jet.com, amazon, walmart (believe it or not, for dry goods and stuff, cheaper and as fast as amazon). I am mad at Amazon. I ordered a gift box of hot sauces on 20 Dec and I still don't have them and yes, I am a Prime Member but not paying $99.00 for another year....not worth it, prices too high and you actually save more money at other online stores. I order my protein drinks from Sam's Club and they are cheaper than anyone on internet....always check e-bay, also....they sell everything and no, you do not have to bid on it.....i order some kind of maple cookies from Amazon or Walmart...can't remember which. Because of my "condition," I do most of my shopping online so if you can't find something, let me know as I am here to help you......
P.S. Amazon does have gramma Brown's baked beans in 16 oz...did not check price. there are a few other places who have it also...Just type in "Gramma Brown's baked beans and several websites will come up....Good luck....
(01-04-2017, 07:23 PM)Duchess Wrote:

My God. This is what it's come to, I'm talking about baking cookies FFS. Russian

Quit being such a Jew and just buy the sonofabitches. I like to cook, but I don't bake. You won't catch me dead baking a cookie unless it's the Toll House crap out of the package.
(01-04-2017, 08:32 PM)sally Wrote:
(01-04-2017, 07:23 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Quit being such a Jew and just buy the sonofabitches. I like to cook, but I don't bake. You won't catch me dead baking a cookie unless it's the Toll House crap out of the package.

I noticed Etsy had snowflake cookies for $20 something a dozen...that is a bit cheaper than $30 something....
(01-04-2017, 08:32 PM)sally Wrote: Quit being such a Jew and just buy the sonofabitches.

I am not paying $36 for twelve cookies. That's not ever going to happen. It's an exorbitant price. I think $20 is too. I don't care if you call me a Jew with my money. Dramaqueen
(01-04-2017, 07:29 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-04-2017, 07:26 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Mmmm...those look similar to Maple cookies. Now I'm hankerin' for some Maple cookies.

I've never been able to find them down here. I can't find Gramma Browns baked beans either. You've heard of them, haven't you?

I haven't had the Grandma Brown's beans in years. If I remember right, they're not as good as Bush's baked beans which I have several cans of wasting away in the pantry.
This is probably the best baked beans recipe I've tried. And it's easy. Still not better than The Ole Feed House in Arkansas though, can't find a recipe for that.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-d...ecipe.html
(01-05-2017, 05:56 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-04-2017, 08:32 PM)sally Wrote: Quit being such a Jew and just buy the sonofabitches.

I am not paying $36 for twelve cookies. That's not ever going to happen. It's an exorbitant price. I think $20 is too. I don't care if you call me a Jew with my money. :dramaqueen:

Ya know, you really can't take it with you!

"Treat" yourself, and squander $$$ while you still can! :hah:
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

They look easy to make, don't listen to Sally or B.H. just do it so you can say you tried. How freaking hard can they be? They're only sugar cookies.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(01-05-2017, 08:40 PM)Maggot Wrote: They look easy to make, don't listen to Sally or B.H. just do it so you can say you tried. How freaking hard can they be? They're only sugar cookies.

They got to be easier than chocolate chip cookies. I tried making those once a few years ago....what a cluckster fuck.
They're not that easy, I know without ever making them. You have to make the dough, roll the dough, cut out the dough, bake them so they're perfectly crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, cool them, then frost them ( did you make your frosting?) and then clean up the fucking mess. Try making them, go ahead.
And just why do these cookies have to be shaped like a snowflake......Once you eat
cookie, it is moot point....a cookie doesn't care what it looks like.....geez....
and Clang, you need help, too.....you never bake chocolate chip cookies from scratch. You go to cookie dough section of your grocery store. Ironically tollhouse recipe was used for years, but in the pre-made dough, the best one is the Pillsbury dough mix. It is very good....you just need a knife, spoon, and cookie sheet (and of course, an oven).