Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Fuck Muhammad!!!
I still believe that if everyone did it there would be to many targets. It will happen sooner or later, at some point in time.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I'm with you mate, and trust me, it's ridiculous to watch what all happens about something that makes people like us only shake their heads or giggle. But what to do?!

The problem is that it breads generations of hate. Where do you have those Mullah's? Those religious folks? In the schools. And of course, the Mosques. So you give that guy preaching to children about right and wrong as well as having his daily speeches to the rest of the population, ammunition. And trust me, THEY will use it. They are the ones putting the fire under the asses of the rest of the folks. They are the ones instilling those thoughts of hate in the younger generations. And suddenly you find young guys living in London bombing their hometown where they grew up.

You always find people that want to be led. People that are easily manipulated. It's human nature.

No, you will not give them more targets, you will simply just give them more years to preach their prayers.
Isn't it interesting how people hide behind religion to execute their evil plans of power?

I mean, for me, I was born in Northern Ireland, my family wanted nothing to do with the violence. Yet the people who were carrying out their violence where hiding behind religion on both sides. Both sides wrong and oh guess what, some of the murderers are now in power in government over there! True story.
(09-20-2012, 04:47 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(09-20-2012, 04:25 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I'm with you Maggot.

I applaud the French Magazine Publisher who decided to do just that either today or yesterday.

I read about that as part of a related story this morning. Despite bomb threats, Charlie Hebdo publishing in France released a cartoon showing his backside (not labeled as "Muhammed", but clearly meant to be inferred as the Prophet).

The German satirical magazine Titanic is moving forward with a cover depiction of the the Prophet (again, not labeled but easily inferred to be inferred as Muhammed) in an issue next week mocking political use of Islamaphobia.

Regardless of how one believes the Islamic protestors should be handled, it's good to see press outlets demonstrating that freedom of speech and expression (and freedom to mock!) won't be thwarted by threats of violence.

Go go super troll.
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

(09-25-2012, 03:56 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: Isn't it interesting how people hide behind religion to execute their evil plans of power?

Human nature. Be it the Azteks, Inca's or Maya's and all their sacrifices to their Gods, Spanish Inquisition, The Witch Hunts all over Europe, the Pope fighting a King, a King fighting a Pope, there's a beautiful one in Blackadders first series, I don't think 55 year old Horny Heidi and her black leather outfits from Amsterdam's red light area have been used and abused as much as religion throughout history.

I do believe in God and his Department Heads, but I don't believe in the human interpretation of it.

Except Budhists. Budhists open up massage parlours, strip clubs and build cities like Bangkok, Pattaya and dirty Disneylands. Such people just can't be bad!
well this post sucked
I consider yelling "fire" in a crowded place when there's no fire to be a crime.

I consider farting in a crowded elevator to be very poor manners.

Provoking people is wrong even if they are already nuts but I'm afraid it must be free speech.

The drawings above are all in bad taste but I have no urge to go on a killing rampage.
[Image: egypt_5.gif]
Obama spent nearly 30 minutes of his Annual UN General Assembly speech encouraging an end to violence in retaliation for blashemous depictions like the "Innocence of Muslims" video, which he called crude and insulting to Muslims and Americans alike. He stated that the answer to blasphemous speech/depictions in not to repress speech, but instead to encourage more of it to end bigotry.

At the same time, the Turkish Prime Minister (key ally) + Egyptian President + Iranian President are networking with all 57 Islamic nations in pushing hard for international anti-blasphemy regulations (in regards to all religions).

The issue reportedly overshadowed the crisis in Syria at the assembly.

Refs:
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/...2136.story

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/...3527.story
Jesus fucking Christ... Oh wait, was that blasphemous? The nerve. Trying to make international laws against free speech.
Commando Cunt Queen
^Agreed.

(with blasphemy being protected free speech, not with the blasphemy itself. I shall pray for you and your soul)
(09-25-2012, 05:15 AM)Eat Shit And Die Wrote:
(09-20-2012, 04:47 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(09-20-2012, 04:25 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I'm with you Maggot.

I applaud the French Magazine Publisher who decided to do just that either today or yesterday.

I read about that as part of a related story this morning. Despite bomb threats, Charlie Hebdo publishing in France released a cartoon showing his backside (not labeled as "Muhammed", but clearly meant to be inferred as the Prophet).

Regardless of how one believes the Islamic protestors should be handled, it's good to see press outlets demonstrating that freedom of speech and expression (and freedom to mock!) won't be thwarted by threats of violence.

Go go super troll.

Payback -- 12 Killed

Sometimes freedom of speech and freedom of press bears a heavy price tag. Sadly, France paid that price today when gunmen stormed in and killed at least 12 people at the Charlie Hebdo (satirical magazine) office in Paris. The killers have not been caught AFAIK and the massacre has been labeled a "terrorist attack".

Snip:
A witness who works in the office opposite the magazine's told BFMTV that he saw two hooded men, dressed in black, enter the building with Kalashnikov submachine guns.

"We then heard them open fire inside, with many shots," he told the channel. "We were all evacuated to the roof. After several minutes, the men fled, after having continued firing in the middle of the street."

A video taken by a journalist for the Premieres Lignes agency shows the gunmen shouting "God is great!" as they began the attack, Le Monde reported. They also cried "We have avenged the Prophet!"

Four of the newspaper's best-known cartoonists were killed in the attack, according to a law enforcement source quoted in Le Monde newspaper: Charb, Cabu, Wolinski and Tignous. Charb was also the director of Charlie Hebdo. Two police officers were also among the dead, the law enforcement source said, according to Le Monde.

The French government raised the country's security alert system to its highest level Wednesday after the attack, according to French media.

The satirical magazine is no stranger to controversy for having lampooned a variety of subjects, including Christianity. But what it's done on Islam has gotten the most attention and garnered the most vitriol.

Its last tweet before Wednesday's attack featured a cartoon of ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and the words, "And, above all, health." Earlier cartoons depicting the Prophet Mohammed -- depictions that are deplored by Muslims -- spurred protests and the burning of the magazine's office three years ago.

Francois Hollande, the French President, tweeted today: "No barbarous act will ever extinguish freedom of the press. We are a united country." British Prime Minister David Cameron reacted to the deadly shooting, saying on Twitter: "The murders in Paris are sickening. We stand with the French people in the fight against terror and defending the freedom of the press."

Full story: http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/07/europe...index.html
[Image: _80111742_charliehebdolasttweet.png]

That ^ was the last tweet sent from the Charlie Hebdo account before the terrorist attack.

It mocks IS(IS) leader Baghdadi -- the cartoon depicts him wishing his audience "especially good health". The translated cartoonist caption reads, "Best wishes to you too, Al-Baghdad."

Thousands of Twitter users are condemning the attackers and supporting Charlie Hebdo and free expression with the message, "Je Suis (I am) Charlie".

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-30712576
Ahh, the religion of Light and Peace
The Charlie Hebdo office in Paris has been bombed in the past.

Its satirical pieces, especially in regards to Islam, have always stirred controversy and elicited revenge threats.

It surprises me that security was so lax that two terrorists could apparently storm in, slaughter a bunch of people, and then run off down the street. I'm interested in hearing more details and hope the killers are apprehended soon (not that there won't be two more extremist killers ready to take their places in a heartbeat).
I don't care about how pissed they get about crap like this, its still wrong and to cater to their stupid demands only perpetuates the nuttiness. The day that everyone stands up to these idiots will be the day that they turn tail like the cowards they are.
I would personally cut their balls off and stuff it in their mouth before blowing their heads off given the chance.
I agree Maggot.

The goals of the terrorists seem to be:
1. Halt mocking of Islam and Muhammed
2. Gain power over those with different ideologies by instilling terror

They haven't succeeded in halting freedom of speech, expression or press in the past. I do not believe that today's massacre will inspire anything more than condemnation of the terrorists and strong confirmation from world leaders that we will continue to exercise our freedoms as we see fit.

Maybe some individuals will feel an increased sense of terror -- understandable. But, IMO, most people will only feel a stronger resolve to resist giving the barbaric nutjobs what they want.
US President Obama and German Chancellor Merkel react to Charlie Hebdo Terror Attack

President Obama: “Time and again, the French people have stood up for the universal values that generations of our people have defended. France, and the great city of Paris where this outrageous attack took place, offer the world a timeless example that will endure well beyond the hateful vision of these killers. We are in touch with French officials, and I have directed my administration to provide any assistance needed to help bring these terrorists to justice.”

Chancellor Merkel: “This horrible act is not only an attack on the lives of French citizens and the domestic security of France. It also stands as an attack on the freedom of expression and the press, a core element of our free, democratic culture that can in no way be justified.”

These are four of the satirists/cartoonists who were killed today.
[Image: 08PARIS-1-blog427.jpg]
Clockwise from top left, the cartoonists Jean Cabut, known as Cabu; Bernard Verlhac, who drew under the name Tingous; Georges Wolinski; and Stéphane Charbonnier, better known as Charb. Biting illustrious mockers; RIP.

[Image: charlie-hebdo-no1163-011014.jpg]
^ From the Oct 2014 edition, Muhammad beheaded by IS

Cocksuckas!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(01-07-2015, 03:09 PM)Duchess Wrote: Cocksuckas!

It really blows that the cocksuckas were able to carry through and permanently shut up the guys they'd promised to shut up. It's obviously a huge loss for the loved ones of the victims and it's a big, high-profile victory for Islamic extremists, IMO.

But, today's mass murder won't stop freedom of expression and freedom of press, so that victory will be hollow and short-lived. The people who were killed today knew they were at risk and didn't give in to terrorist threats. Their successors won't likely buckle either.

Charlie Hebdo won't stop doing what it does, IMO, but they might wanna consider tighter security. I just read that the office had one guard; he was killed first. The assailants were dressed head to toe in black and reportedly armed with Kalashnikovs and a rocket launcher. I don't know if the assailants out-gunned the security guard and the 2 cops that they killed or what, but it doesn't appear any of the 3 assailants (two shooters and a driver) was hurt before escaping.

DISTURBING

^ This is video of the gunmen shooting an officer before escaping in a waiting car.

Why, WHY didn't they have better security. I know you can't answer that.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]