Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I MIGHT BE A BIGOT :(
(09-27-2012, 04:42 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Her burka mindfucked me.

I know. It probably always will.
Have you seen the swimsuit burkas?
(09-27-2012, 04:20 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(09-27-2012, 04:17 PM)Ilyanna Wrote: the terrorists have won.

I've known that for a long time in regards to myself. I no longer fly either. It's not safe to fly but I recognize that people weigh the risk.

On my flight back to Atlanta from Fort Walton Beach Saturday, I was FRISKED! I had to go to a waiting room because when they swiped my hands it showed residue for explosives. They unpacked my suitcase and swiped my purse with residue cloths. They finally freed me an hour later. I had came from the beach and they said that sometimes suntan lotion will set off the alarms.
(09-27-2012, 04:35 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Ily, IMO they haven't won anything yet. The terrorist attacks have created fear and loathing of Islam and all it stands for.

Yes, and consequently, they have created fear and loathing of Americans in Muslims who pretty much minded their own business. Those terrorists have triggered war and a seemingly unbridgeable rift between Western and Mideast populations. How have they not won? What, in your opinion, will constitute a victory over the terrorists?

(09-27-2012, 04:35 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Americans are generally pretty tolerant people (a nation of immigrants after all), but what I see from Muslims in MY city, is a people that chooses not to assimilate into our culture and in fact, would like to make MY city conform to THEIR ways.

I don't like having them here and probably never will.

Now, I don't know where you live, but I do know that a great no. of Muslims have lived in the US for years, if not decades, before shit hit the fan. You said it yourself: the US is a nation of immigrants. What makes you qualified to say it is your city, and that they have to assimilate into your culture? If they are legal citizens, then it is their city as well, and they should have the right to choose how to live like any other citizen, as well.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the bit about not wanting to conform to their ways. About the only thing I can get really bitchy about is when someone tries to force me to adher to their ideas of how to live. That applies to religious stuff as well as societal norms people try to shove down my throat. The day I accept to hide my hair or parts of my body because of the sensitivity of others will not come...just as I will never cater to the wishes of the catholic faith on how I should live.
BUT - if I demand that freedom of choice, then so can anybody else who lives here.

(09-27-2012, 04:38 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Terrorists have affected how I view some things. I know & understand how unfair it is to have the view I hold, logically I know I'm a dumbass regarding this and I still can't get passed these feelings.

lol, you're no dumbass regarding this. You are reflecting about it, you know there could be another way, and you see the difficulties. I, for one, respect you a lot for that, no matter if your view changes some day or not.
(and fwiw, I wouldn't give a dumbass the time of day. So there Smiley_emoticons_wink )
Ily, you're very provacative. Kind of a stupid question to ask, 'Why would they have to fit in to your culture?'

Because they've elected to move here and enjoy the American way of life.

Same with the French, I believe. They're tired of it too.

Our problem, IMO, was letting them all in. Too many, too soon.
I am sorry if I come across as provocative. It is not intended (in this thread :/ ). I am trying to understand your pov, and I am giving you mine. That's all.

Anyway - is there really ONE American Way of Life? If yes, I cannot recall ever having seen a definition. You have so many different subcultures, hell, even those of the same origin are so different depending on where in the US they live. Have the Chinese people completely integrated? Or the Amish? Can you honestly say that an African-American in the North has the same culture as a WASP?

Neither you nor I live in France, so frankly, I don't care about the French right now. If anything, it would only illuminate the fact that there is a need to communicate about it and try to find ways to deal with the problem.

Quote:Our problem, IMO, was letting them all in. Too many, too soon.

This may very well be true. Problem is - now they are here (err, at your place... nah, we have similar problems, here applies), so what is the most peaceful way to deal with it?
[Image: Description_1.jpg]
(09-27-2012, 04:45 PM)Jimbone Wrote: My comments in this thread are aimed at any group that does not want to integrate into the society they have chosen to live in.

There were never muslims here until 5 years ago. Then, all of a sudden, seemingly overnight, they were everywhere. I don't like to see the women in burkas. They live HERE now. Practice any religion you want, peacefully, in your home and/or place of worship, but seeing the women dressed in burkas and the men wearing diapers on their heads makes me curl my lip. It makes me feel like their shoving it in my face "I'm a fuckin diaperhead. People from my country bombed THE SHIT out of yours, with YOUR planes, and now I'm here and you can't do shit. I could be plotting our next attack, you just don't know do you?" I don't like it.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
(09-27-2012, 08:26 PM)LuciferLynn Wrote:
(09-27-2012, 04:45 PM)Jimbone Wrote: My comments in this thread are aimed at any group that does not want to integrate into the society they have chosen to live in.

There were never muslims here until 5 years ago. Then, all of a sudden, seemingly overnight, they were everywhere. I don't like to see the women in burkas. They live HERE now. Practice any religion you want, peacefully, in your home and/or place of worship, but seeing the women dressed in burkas and the men wearing diapers on their heads makes me curl my lip. It makes me feel like their shoving it in my face "I'm a fuckin diaperhead. People from my country bombed THE SHIT out of yours, with YOUR planes, and now I'm here and you can't do shit. I could be plotting our next attack, you just don't know do you?" I don't like it.

The real bigot just stepped forward. Do you hate all Christians because of Timothy McVey? How about all Germans because of the holocaust?

The burkas are part of their religion.

Hate the people that don't immunize their kids on religious grounds while you're at it. Definitely hate all Christians though because they've probably killed more people in the name of religion than any other group. Plus some of those fuckers protest gay rights at funerals. But at least they're "assimilated".
I hate all you motherfuckers. The krauts are almost ok because they have good beer and food and I kinda share their dislike of the Jews.
(09-27-2012, 08:40 PM)sally Wrote: I hate all you motherfuckers. The krauts are almost ok because they have good beer and food and I kinda share their dislike of the Jews.

Oktoberfest!
Since I'm 100% German, I don't hate all Germans, just the nazi fuckers that killed innocent people. The same way diaperheads killed innocent people. I wouldn't want a nazi gang hanging out in my town anymore than I want a gang of muslims.
Starts in a few days - come on over, ladies, I bet Munich will never be the same after you've partied there, lol!
I don't know about these other bitches, but I'd love to go to Munchen!
Ha, the more, the merrier hah
(09-27-2012, 09:04 PM)LuciferLynn Wrote: Since I'm 100% German, I don't hate all Germans, just the nazi fuckers that killed innocent people. The same way diaperheads killed innocent people. I wouldn't want a nazi gang hanging out in my town anymore than I want a gang of muslims.

What makes you think the Muslims in your town are part of a gang or generally up to no good?
I'm mostly a kraut too. I don't really know the history but I gather there used to be a "Von" before my before my dad's last name. Ily?
Commando Cunt Queen
How about all the Muslims in your town User?

Oh that's right, there aren't any in your neighborhood.

Don't you miss Dick ridiculing your Liberal ass?
Quote:Ily?
Yes, User? Smiley_emoticons_razz

"von" sounds about right, it's a nobiliary particle that is not exactly common anymore, but now and then, I meet someone who has it.
(09-27-2012, 09:30 PM)username Wrote:
(09-27-2012, 09:04 PM)LuciferLynn Wrote: Since I'm 100% German, I don't hate all Germans, just the nazi fuckers that killed innocent people. The same way diaperheads killed innocent people. I wouldn't want a nazi gang hanging out in my town anymore than I want a gang of muslims.

What makes you think the Muslims in your town are part of a gang or generally up to no good?

What makes me think they aren't? Its suspicious. This is a small town. We have 2 stop lights, one supermarket and 4 gas stations. Where did they all come from, and why pick here?
Timothy McVeigh may have been raised a Christian but he did not kill in the name of Christianity. That's a subtle but enormous difference... he was an anti-government zealot. He didn't yell out "Jesus is Great" before lighting the fuse in that Ryder truck.

We could equate radical Christians with radical Muslims if at funerals those Phelps fuckers protest, instead of signs they carried suicide vests and scimitars to kill and cut heads off with. Instead, they stand around with ridiculous signs.

Dumb Christians who don't immunize aren't hurting anyone else but themselves... they are not killing others or insisting others do the same or else die as infidels.

And before someone else throws it out there... Anders Breivik wasn't killing in the name of Christianity either.

Imagine this: all of a sudden a small radical group of midgets started blowing themselves up and killing innocents in the name of the Lollipop Guild. While this is happening, you walk into your nail salon and there is a midget getting their nails done. Uh oh! If you're being honest, you feel weird about it and look at the midget differently... and that's because you don't know if it's a regular midget, or one of the radical fuckers.

Everyone wants to tip-toe around it, but radical Muslims are the problem. And moderate Muslims who do nothing about it within their society are increasing culpable.