Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I MIGHT BE A BIGOT :(

I'm still thinking about the woman in the burka. I've never seen one of them in town before & I don't live in such a place that people just pass through so I think maybe they are in my community. See how I'm using the word "they"? I don't know what to call them.

I think all people who look like that hate me because I'm an American so I don't want them around.

It's been a really, really long day & I'm high. If I were drunk I would think I sounded like John Wayne.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Oh great, now I will hear the voice of John Wayne whenever I read one of your posts hah

Anyway, no, I do not think you are bigoted. I do think that you have been subjected to a lot of news, opinions, debates, and other influences that have, intentionally and unintentionally, triggered your fear of being threatened and thus increased your wish to get rid of the perceived threat. The burka is a very noticeable cultural symbol of a variety of predominantly muslimic countries. It stands to reason that you have immediately associated it with the images of radical muslims raging against the US.

Consider this, though - that woman may well be hating you because you are American. It is just as possible, though, that she has come here as a refugee during the Taliban regime, or during the war, and that she feels gratitude towards the country she found shelter in. Or she is just a normal Afghan, Pakistani, or Syrian housewife and couldn't care less about politics, the dschihad, or anything else that could lead to her hating the US.

Just my 2 cents Smiley_emoticons_smile
(09-25-2012, 05:30 PM)Duchess Wrote: It's been a really, really long day & I'm high. If I were drunk I would think I sounded like John Wayne.

hah *John Wayne Voice* 'coz them thar burqa's in them thar hills...
You could just call them dune niggers.
Commando Cunt Queen
We have a ton of dot heads, ragheads, dune niggers what have you. They're mostly doctors or hotel and gas station owners. Most are friendly, but once in a while you get a real prick and just want to throw hot curry in their face.

The Indians at my local gas station are really nice. She told me my hair looked nice the other day and I had to agree, for some reason I woke up in the morning and it looked fucking fantastic without even brushing it.
I have a real problem with the subjugation and minimization of women... and those fucking burqas are the epitome of it.

Not to mention the fact that they could hide a giant suicide belt underneath it I wouldn't know it until the fucker went bang.

It's the political correctness that now runs rampant that makes you feel weird Duchess... but you're spot on.

I'm going to feel bad if I ever discover she belongs to one of the guys who owns the smoke shop. They are dotheads & while they speak with an accent the look completely American right down to the slang they use.
You know, one of things we are struggling with in America is the lack of integration into our society. Years of multi-culturalism BS has diluted what America was intended to be: a melting pot of cultures, becoming one culture.

Now, people come here and never learn english. They never learn our history. We are so far away from the belief when my grandparents came here for a better life and better opportunity... they knew to learn customs and language was the key to survival. Now, we cow-tow to make sure every thing is available in every language, and every custom has to be respected.

That's nonsense that destroys civilizations.

I'm not interested in people losing their customs of traditions, however I am also not for people being able to remain ignorant of language and history in a land they are CHOOSING to live in.

/end rant. With regard to your smoke shop... I don't think those from India put their women in burqas.
Hey, I still have one of the scarfs that I used over there, do you want me to take a pic and post it?
I have a nice Kafia, it has skulls on it
We have bed-sheets all over Minneapolis. A huge Somali population. Now they're moving farther west into the small towns of rural Minnesota. It really is a shock to the system.

And it feels as though they make very little effort to Americanize themselves. Seems as though they're here for the handouts, and to make this a new Somalia.

Yuk.

I'm not as tolerant as I thought I was. I'm kinda disgusted with myself.
I wonder if they realize pointed hats are the "in" thing in America today?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(09-26-2012, 11:16 AM)Duchess Wrote: I'm not as tolerant as I thought I was. I'm kinda disgusted with myself.

Don't beat yourself up over this. Break it down, and analyze it and you will find that you are probably not intolerant. You are reacting to what it represents, sexism, violence towards women etc. This is probably what is going on there on a deeper level. So in a way you are tolerant, the intolerance is all the other way and you are picking up on it. What do you think of that?
(09-26-2012, 11:16 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I'm not as tolerant as I thought I was. I'm kinda disgusted with myself.

Don't be so hard on yourself... how were you not tolerant?

Intolerance would have been attacking her or making comments about her kind not being welcome there.

Being uncomfortable around someone who is outside of the norm is a sociological phenomena you'll find everywhere. Happens all the time. Like showing up to a costume party as the only one without a costume. Awkward!
(09-26-2012, 12:25 PM)Jimbone Wrote: Like showing up to a costume party as the only one without a costume. Awkward!

I wouldn't feel awkward in that scenario. Now if I went to a party and I was the only one IN costume, that would be embarrassing.
(09-26-2012, 12:04 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: What do you think of that?

I don't think I looked at her as a woman, I looked at her as a burka & I didn't want that bullshit in my community. hah
(09-26-2012, 12:25 PM)Jimbone Wrote: making comments about her kind not being welcome there.

Oops. 50
(09-26-2012, 12:49 PM)username Wrote: I wouldn't feel awkward in that scenario. Now if I went to a party and I was the only one IN costume, that would be embarrassing.

Haha!
Commando Cunt Queen