Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Walking Dead Discussion
Fuck Carl, he looks even more like a whiny girly bitch with his long hair and androgynous face. The hairstylist that gave Rick the makeover should have cut off Carl's head...er...hair.

If the zombie apocarlypse hadn't happened Carl would have been a Belieber.
Boom! Two new trailers up for Walking Dead fans. First one is Fear the Walking Dead... spinoff done in LA at the beginning of the outbreak:

Also Season Six trailer for The Walking Dead:

I am not at all tired of zombies. Except the non Kirkman knockoffs.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
Well, that was a good one.
Morgan is back and apparently going to be there a while as Ricks conscience.
Rick appears to be all the way back
Daryl is stepping up and apparently nesting
So Who honked the horn?
So Glenn is fucked..

or is he?

I think Nicholas's body falling on top of him was a bit obvious. Unless George, R. R. is now writing for TWD too..
I think he's alive, but I also think if he is it's cheap and will piss people off in the long run. In a show that's rarely resorted to the cheap trick, having him survive a cliche cliffhanger moment would be in danger of becoming the moment Walking Dead lost its mojo. Jump the Shark would be replaced by "Fell off the Dumpster" as a phrase describing the moment of a good show ' s downfall.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
I'm also betting Rick loses his hand to the zombie cut.
I haven't been able to open this thread til now; just watched the first 3 episodes. Intense.

I think you're right about Rick losing his hand, Donovan.

And, I don't see how Glen could get out of that heap of walkers even if those were Nicholas' organs the walkers were feasting on and not his.
I saw a theory hypothesizing that Glen might get saved by either Enid or new character Jesus, both plausible options given the peculiar angles they filmed that sequence in. The show runner has made deliberate reference to camera angles, several were filmed as if from the top of that blocked stairwell, and there is footage of Glen doing scenes with the character of Jesus who hasn't yet been introduced.

Had a funny discussion on this episode the other night concerning story credibility, suspension of disbelief and the danger of "jumping the shark" with a cheap tactic like faking a death, something Walking Dead has mostly successfully avoided. Then we got sidetracked because of all the young and middle aged people in the room, I was the only one who knew what jumping the shark was, what Happy Days was, and why Fonzie jumping a shark was epic level bad. I felt really old, but by the end of the conversation the 19 year old had actually changed his halloween costume from lame generic leather jacket biker to "fonzie with leather jacket and tight swim trunks." So I will call that a win.
That's a coolamundo costume idea, actually.

I like Glen's character a lot. Behind Daryl and Carole, he's probably my favorite.

But, if he somehow makes it out of that heap, I will kinda consider it jumping the shark. It's such a good show though and I think this season has been great from the get-go, so I'm not gonna quit watching or anything.

If Glen does die, I think it'll be shown in an upcoming episode. There's no way so little time would be devoted to his send off (I don't think).

ETA: Kinda weird, right after typing this post I saw that Al "Big Al" Molinaro has passed away. And, he was only 96!

What season is this? I could be interested enough to binge watch this Winter.

Do the new season episodes re-run throughout the week?

I'm aware I could easily google my questions, I'd rather chat.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
It's season 6. If you have On-Demand, you can watch anytime you want, Your Royal Highness. Weed-2

We've got all six seasons On-Demand here.

The latest episode is available the day after it airs.

Heh.

I started watching Game Of Thrones because I read Mockers talking about it and now I'm starting to feel interested in this show from reading all of the posts.
Netflix has all five first seasons and you can catch the new season probably at AMC.com, it's only the 3 or 4 episode of the season.
(11-06-2014, 08:43 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote:
(11-06-2014, 11:54 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(11-06-2014, 11:37 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Who is the black guy at the end of the last episode of last season?

Sorry Six, drawing a blank.

I don't remember that scene at all.

Maybe Tyrese approaching with Carol and the baby?

Nope.

This guy. He is supposed to be from season 1, but I missed those.
He followed them (Rick and co) into the woods off the tracks after the adventures at Terminus.
[Image: TWD-05_612x380_zpsa911ab41.jpg]

Well, Six, one year later and we finally know how Morgan's brief appearance at Terminus came about.

We watched episode 4 last night. It was an interesting change I thought. I liked that it focused more on the characters of only two people and their backstories (I liked the forensic psychologist in the woods; he saved Morgan in more ways than one).

Anyway, I'm glad Morgan is back. And, I still want to know if Glen is dead or alive!
Yea me too
Well, the shark was jumped. But, I think this season overall has probably been the best one in terms of character focus and intense scenes.

I'm starting to warm up to Sasha a little. And, Abraham has grown to be an interesting character; hope he doesn't lose it altogether and kill himself or get killed next.

I'd rather see the annoying pastor get offed.
Jesus Christ. Tonight's season opener was maybe the most saddening and maddening t.v. I've ever watched.
That was hard to watch even kinda knowing what was about to happen. Jeffrey Dean Morgan has the Negan role NAILED. It's gonna be a fantastic season...

I've never watched any of this show but I did read about last night's episode. It read gruesome. It sounded like it was bloody & horrifying.