Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Walking Dead Discussion
This is it! Questions, discussion, theories, ideas, opinions, everything TWD.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
Yay! I was totally on my way to start this thread, thanks for doing so.

I wonder about Laurie's baby too. A friend of mine suggested it's already a Walker and will eat her from the inside out, ick.

I am a little upset by the "we have to cut off his leg for him to live" scenario. If that's the case, couldn't they have saved a bunch of other people? All along I've been under the impression if you're bit, you're done. Now that the good ol' doctor is bit, then it changes?

Also, I'm a little creeped out by whatever is going on between the blonde girl (Hershel's daughter) and Carl. It seems she's a bit too old for him, no? Also Carol and Daryl, eek!

I'm waiting for some sort of "explanation" as well. I mean if everyone is infected it had to have started somewhere.

I'm really excited to have people to discuss this with, my husband refuses to watch :-)
Hershels daughter isn't really that much older, she only got married to jimmy because of the ZA. I think maybe 4 or 5 years? Either way, she's too old for him as he's only 12 and I think he mostly has a crush on her.

I think cutting off appendages if bitten is something we'll later learn that they found out over the winter.

I'm not sure about lauries baby, it seems like some people take longer to turn than others, for instance. Andreas sister amy took overnight, but randall and shane turned almost immediately. Why? Is the virus evolving? I thought it had something to do with mental state, shane was totally gonzo at the end but I don't see how that makes sense. I'm interested to see how the baby angle plays out. Born a walker? Born sick? Dies in childbirth and comes back? And there's no way that baby isn't shanes. Just no way.

In addition, I'm curious to find out what's going on with laurie and rick. Is it shane? Is it the situation?

I've not seen enough of mechone but she's saddled up with andrea, whom I despise. I wondr if they'll all meet up? AND WHEN IS MERLE COMING BACK?!?!?!?
I think the Carl thing just creeps me out because he seems so young and is the "baby" of the group (for now).

All thoughts that have crossed my mind. I'm super curious about the baby and want to know what is going on with Rick and Laurie. I didn't get why she said "he hates me". Something had to have happened, because they seemed ok for a while. Maybe now that the baby is almost here he's going through the "fuck, it's Shane's" thoughts in his mind. And I agree that it totally is Shane's. You know if it is born "normal" it's going to come out looking exactly like him, somehow.

I'm getting the impression (from the previews) that Andrea and Mechone won't be getting back together with Rick's group, as they join the other group who end up fighting with Rick's group over the prison. There's so much to come! I live for Sunday night's in the fall!!
I think its bc of shane that she says rick hates her. The babys obviously shanes. If the baby is born a walker, do you think laurie will argue that it can't hurt anyone, since its not mobile? And it wont age so....what a cliffhanger that episode will be, probly right before christmas break.
So, why do these silly fuckers not jack a good modern RV? Why, do they not aquire some good radios, like maybe from the same armory they got the weapons from in the prison? Me and my friends are old fart boyscouts and survivalist types, we keep giving them advice that they ingore. I think they all secretly want to be zombies
OH, and why didn't the fuking zombies die off in the winter? They skipped right over the winter season, WTF?
Its interesting you brought that up. They're in the south, where it never gets really cold and I don't think the cold will kill them. But I've noticed zombies in varying states of decay. These aren't people from graves that have been dead and buried for however long, the virus is relatively new. Since they're already dead, it makes sense to me that they're decomposing as any other dead body would do. If they decay away completely, will they not die? If that's the case, why don't they go way south (south florida, south texas, etc) where they may decay faster?

They had the RV in seasons one and two, but it was overrun by zombies at the farm. I'm only speculating, but I suppose they couldn't find one. Every thing has been looted in their area. Car lots, department stores, pharmacies, etc. They'll need to stay at the prison for the interim, especially now that Herschel is down to one leg and lauries ready to have the baby.
Ok, so I need to catch up please. Merle? Is that Daryll's brother that he was dreaming about when he fell on the arrow while searching for Sophia? Was he the guy that cut his arm off to get out of handcuffs on a roof? Why was he in handcuffs? I think they will meet up with Andrea again and she'll say "why the fuck did you guys leave me stranded at the farm?". I'm interested to know why Mechone travels with the two double arm amputees. I may have missed something, but what is the advantage there? Do those zombies keep others away from her? She can't be using them for labor? They somehow protect her, but I'm missing it. And, yes, Carol's hair should be a tad bit longer, but then again they are malnourished. I also wondered about the doc's leg. That would be my first instinct to cut off the infected area proximal to the bite, but then why have they never tried that before. Maybe they did learn a bunch of new tricks over the winter. I am shocked at how fake Laurie's pregnancy looked in a few of the scenes especially since they do such a magnificant job with the zombies. Hershel's daughter (Beth?) and Carl? What better place to have your first kiss but in a prison surrounding by walking dead people! And why doesn't the black guy ever get much camera time? They haven't even really developed his character? I feel like I know the others and feel for them, but not so much for him? I can't even think of his name, I think I heard it once at the farm dDog or something? Lucifer what is ZA?
Thanks for starting the thread Lucifer, but you've just got ta call it " The walking Dead thread"!!
Mechone uses the walkers with no arms and no lower jaw for sled dogs. They carry her stuff in a duffle bag on their back, no arms to grab with abd no jaws to bite with, got to stink like a MF but pretty smart.
Lucifer, you have not spent a lot of time in the south have you, gets Very cold, freezing rain, sleet and even snow. They left Atlanta CDC early in season 2, it blew up when they left. Fron there I think they ve been wandering around the carolinas, gets cold there too.
Makes sense to run south, hotter weather means they should have rotted down more.
I lived in sw Florida for 7 years, I think they should head toward Miami or the keys. It gets cold there, but it doesn't stay cold, not for long.

Merle is indeed daryls brother, rick handcuffed him to the roof of a department store in the first season because he was beating the shit out of T-Dawg (that's the black guy) and he felt merle was a loose cannon. T-Dawg had the key but dropped it. He cut his hand off when walkers invaded the building. I've seen him in commercials, its only a matter of time til he shows. I think he meets up with Andrea first though. I agree, they haven't developed T-dawg at all, right now he's the token black guy. I'm hoping they evolve his character or kill him off. Its true, we know about the others, they've all had at least small stories surrounding them, but not ever him. I was surprised to see he survived the farm. Maybe that's his character, though. Wouldn't say shit if he had a mouthful. It just doesn't seem like he fits. On the Talking Dead, the producer said Mechones walkers were pets, but she uses them for labor. Does anyone know what andrea has? She's sick and it sounded like pneumonia, which is strange since there aren't many people left to be spreading germs. ZA is how I shorten up Zombie Apocolypse.
Sorry, I am not able to use the quote button from my phone at times, as my phone decides pretty much what it wants to do.
I'm super excited to see Merle again too! I get the impression he is with the Woodbury group that Mechone and Andrea meet up with (or get captured by).

As far as Andrea's sickness, my first thought was that she was pregnant too, from the encounter with Shane in the car on the way back from shooting practice, but if 7-8 months have passed she would be big and pregnant like Laurie. I thought pneumonia as well, or cancer.

I agree and I am highly disappointed with how ridiculous Laurie's baby belly looks and how she NEVER takes her hand off of it.
She probably keeps her hand on it because that baby is the only kid she has that she knows where it is all the time. Why does she never watch carl? Why is that kid roaming around, unattended, throwing rocks at walkers, stealing guns, taunting prisoners, in a field where his father has killed shane, WHEN IT IS THE ZOMBIE APOCOLYPSE?!? I agree her belly looks fake, I could see it moving around when she was running into the prison, it looked like towels stuffed under her shirt.
(10-16-2012, 10:38 AM)LuciferLynn Wrote: Why does she never watch carl?

I KNOW! I've had sooo many issues with this. I mean you're watching all these people die and turn into zombies and yet you let your young son roam around alone doing whatever he wants. I want to smack her and Rick. I'd probably have my son on a leash if we were in the ZA. I also don't think I'd leave him to be in charge of the women. I mean I don't think I'd feel that safe with Carl as my guard if I were hiding out in a cell block in the middle of a prison overrun with zombies. Sheesh.
We turned "where's carl?" into a drinking game. Everytime someone asks where he is, everytime he's somewhere he's not supposed to be, everytime someone doesn't know where he is and everytime someone says that the mayhem and absolute bedlam resulting from his not being where he was supposed to is NOT his fault, you do a shot. There are some episodes where you're shitfaced half way through. I think he thinks he's a badass. Im not so sure. I need to see more of his behavior. I know he's at odds with laurie, she said he hated her, but I'm not sure why. Perhaps shane has something to do with it. Rick has certainly taken on a few of shanes views, he isn't fucking around anymore. Its a goddamn RICKTATORSHIP, PEOPLE!
I do sorta agree about Laurie and Rick's parenting skills, I think they're a little lax, but sometimes I see their side too. Carl has really matured and can handle himself in situations that most adults couldn't or wouldn't. He is surrounded by adults and has seen the consequences of poor decision making by those adults. The ZA has forced him to grow up. But, I know myself, and I probably would never let him out of my sight or reach. This show has made me really think about how I would deal with such a situation. Could I kill a walker? Initially I would be totally freaked out, but I think I would eventually get the hang of it and become quite skilled at smashing their brains in. I think I could do most anything if it came down to life and death.
That's why I love this show. It makes me think. I don't watch much tv bc I find most of it mindless. This show makes me think "what would I do in this situation? How would I handle it? What do I see as my choices?" I like trying to anticipate what will happen next, if they will choose my choice or another. I like to try and figure it out.
Did anyone see that coming?! Holy shit I thought for sure it was the baby that died! Now ricks gonna go completely gonzo and i think maggie and glen are gonna keep the baby bc rick cant. Carls all fucked up now, having to shoot his mother like that. And last week, what's with the heads in the fishtanks the governors keeping? I saw t-dogg and carol dying, there was no point to carols character after sophia died and there's never been any point to t-doggs, other than the token black guy.