Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NYC nanny stabs and kills 2 children
OMG - I can't imagine coming home to find a scene like that. The story is confusing - I can't tell if the nanny stabbed one or two other adults.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio...t/1658683/

B

7:23PM EDT October 25. 2012 - A New York City nanny has been arrested after a mother returned home Thursday evening to find her two young sons stabbed to death in the bathtub and two adults wounded, WABC-TV is reporting. Police say the nanny also stabbed herself.

The boys were stabbed several times. The New York Times and the Daily News report their ages as 2 and 6. WABC initially reported their ages as 3 and 5 but now says they were 1 and 6.

The adults are reported in critical condition at a St. Luke's Hospital.

The nanny was found on the bathroom floor with self-inflicted wounds to her neck, WABC says. Unidentified sources tell the New York Post she slit her wrists.

She was taken to Weill Cornell Medical College and is in critical condition, a fire department spokesman told the Daily News. The Times reported that a woman believed to be the nanny was reported in "extremely critical" condition at the hospital.

None of the victims or the nanny has been identified.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/mass...-1.1192419

Deranged nanny allegedly kills two children of CNBC media executive Kevin Krim and wife Marina; Kids, 2 and 6, are found by mom in bathtub at luxury upper West Side apartment building

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...tment.html

Lots of photos in the above stories. Just senseless...
Wow. How awful. I love how when some lunatic kills someone and then tries to kill themselves, they always manage to survive.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I can't even imagine, damn! Kill yourself and not the damn kids people. I wonder what made her flip?

These babies are adorable....
[Image: article-2223346-15B0A864000005DC-98_306x423.jpg][Image: article-2223346-15B0A47A000005DC-167_306x423.jpg][Image: article-2223346-15B0A467000005DC-818_634x339.jpg][Image: article-2223346-15B0B17F000005DC-762_634x394.jpg][Image: article-2223346-15B08C2E000005DC-903_306x423.jpg]
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

That poor woman will have the image of her murdered children in her mind for the rest of her life.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(10-26-2012, 08:09 AM)ramseycat Wrote: Wow. How awful. I love how when some lunatic kills someone and then tries to kill themselves, they always manage to survive.

Isn't that the sad truth.

Here's a photo of the nanny:

[Image: nanny.jpg]

... The 50-year-old Ortega, who was so close to the Krims that they spent time with her family in the Dominican Republic...

Who knows what happened....maybe she had some kind of psychotic episode and flipped. I'm wondering what the autopsies on the children will show. I know they were both stabbed, but I wonder if she flipped out with one and hit or choked him or her, then the children said they'd tell, and she flew into a rage.

The family thought they knew this nanny person well. After something like this happening, I don't know if I'd ever be able to leave my child with anyone else again.

Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch She looks a little like Maytee.
(10-26-2012, 12:38 PM)Duchess Wrote:

OMG - she does!

With a little eyebrow work they'd be almost identical. Creepy.
Those poor parents (and kids). Who were the other adults that were stabbed?
(10-26-2012, 12:50 PM)Kip Wrote:

OMG - she does!

That's exactly what I thought. Whoda thunk there was someone even more batshit crazy...
The nanny is awake, and talking, but not talking to police.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/29/all...d-talking/

The children's mother, Marina Krim, returned home at approximately 5:30 p.m. Thursday to find the children lying in the bathtub with multiple stab wounds. Ortega, who was reportedly on the floor of the bathroom, slashed her own throat in front of Krim as she entered the room.

The New York Post, citing interviews with the woman's neighbors, said Ortega complained of money problems in recent months and appeared "nervous." Authorities said the woman told people she was considering seeing a therapist, but it remains unclear whether she ever did. A toxicology report came back negative for drugs, according to the Post.

"She lost a lot of weight. She looked very unhealthy. It looked like she was going through some problems," Ortega's neighbor, Ruben Diaz, told the newspaper. "She had aged a lot — like seven years in a few months."

"She snapped," said the woman's sister, Celia Ortega. "We don’t understand what happened to her mind."

The newspaper also reported that the Krims offered extra hours to Ortega, a native of the Dominican Republican who has been a U.S. citizen for 10 years. They also referred her to another family for a baby-sitting job on the side, though that family turned her down because they found her "a little too grumpy," a law-enforcement source told the Post.

Marina Krim, 36, had taken her 3-year-old daughter Nessie to a swimming lesson Thursday, but returned to her W. 75th St. building after Ortega failed to show up with the two other children. New York City Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said Krim found the apartment dark and walked down to the lobby to ask the doorman if he had seen Ortega and the children. When told they had not left the building, Krim went back up to the apartment and searched each room.

When the mother entered the bathroom, she found her children, fully clothed, lying in a bloody bathtub with multiple stab wounds. Ortega, on the floor with slashed wrists, cut her own throat as Krim walked into the room. The mother began screaming, prompting neighbors to call 911. She then clutched her daughter Nessie, who reportedly did not witness the scene in the bathroom

Lucia died from multiple stab and slash wounds to her stomach and neck, sources told the Post. Her baby brother was found with two slash wounds to the neck. Lucia also suffered defensive wounds from trying to fight off Ortega, according to the newspaper.

(10-29-2012, 10:37 AM)ScientistsCanvas Wrote: Lucia died from multiple stab and slash wounds to her stomach and neck, sources told the Post. Her baby brother was found with two slash wounds to the neck. Lucia also suffered defensive wounds from trying to fight off Ortega, according to the newspaper.

[/i]

Jesus...
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/06/nyregi...e-say.html

The nanny, Yoselyn Ortega, 50, was interviewed in her hospital bed on Saturday by detectives at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, the police have said.

Ms. Ortega was charged hours later with fatally stabbing the children, Lucia Krim, 6, and Leo Krim, 2, in a bathroom in the family’s apartment last month shortly before their mother, Marina Krim, returned from a swimming lesson with her other young daughter.

Ms. Ortega waived her right to have a lawyer present during questioning, the official said, although she did not confess to the killings.

She told the detectives, “Marina knows what happened,” the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the case, said Sunday.
(11-07-2012, 04:35 PM)ScientistsCanvas Wrote: She told the detectives, “Marina knows what happened,” the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the case, said Sunday.

I hope there's not some evil twist to this story.

I read that the nanny & the mother had been sorta/kinda arguing. The nanny was hired to be there for the children but more & more had been left to play the housekeeper role as well and that had created a great deal of tension. More responsibilities for the same pay.
I have very little tolerance for bitches with a nanny.

I can just imagine the latest conversations between this particular mom and the nanny, "If you don't like your extra responsibilities (read: MAID), then you can fucking leave."

I read the nanny was also running into financial difficulties too.

None of this excuses what happened, obviously. I hope it makes all other households reconsider having a nanny.

Lazy ass, rich hausfrau's: TAKE CARE OF YOUR KIDS!
Of course she knows what happened. She walked in on you stabbing yourself and saw her children brutally murdered. I do not feel the mother was involved in the killing of her children. I think the nanny was hoping for a hand out and when it did not come, she lost it. You know the drill, poor me. Fry that bitch!The_Villagers
(11-08-2012, 11:39 AM)sharit Wrote: Of course she knows what happened. She walked in on you stabbing yourself and saw her children brutally murdered. I do not feel the mother was involved in the killing of her children. I think the nanny was hoping for a hand out and when it did not come, she lost it. You know the drill, poor me. Fry that bitch!The_Villagers

Sharit, ever had a nanny?

I'm not saying mom was involved, however, SOMETHING precipitated this event. I don't see this woman offing a couple of innocent children for nothing.

Was it a blackmail situation? Was there a threat of deportation? Could be a myriad of reasons.

I feel so bad for those kids going through that. Terribly sad.
(11-08-2012, 12:30 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(11-08-2012, 11:39 AM)sharit Wrote: Of course she knows what happened. She walked in on you stabbing yourself and saw her children brutally murdered. I do not feel the mother was involved in the killing of her children. I think the nanny was hoping for a hand out and when it did not come, she lost it. You know the drill, poor me. Fry that bitch!The_Villagers

Sharit, ever had a nanny?

I'm not saying mom was involved, however, SOMETHING precipitated this event. I don't see this woman offing a couple of innocent children for nothing.

Was it a blackmail situation? Was there a threat of deportation? Could be a myriad of reasons.

I feel so bad for those kids going through that. Terribly sad.
Never had a nanny. I agree something made her snap. There had to be signs leading up to this tragedy that the woman was nuts.