Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NYC nanny stabs and kills 2 children
I'm sure there are plenty of overworked/underpaid nanny's out there that do not snap and stab the children. This lady was clearly unbalanced. Suffered from some type of psychosis and snapped. I wouldn't jump to the conclusion MS that she snapped because she was mistreated by the mother.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(11-07-2012, 04:56 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I have very little tolerance for bitches with a nanny.

I can just imagine the latest conversations between this particular mom and the nanny, "If you don't like your extra responsibilities (read: MAID), then you can fucking leave."

I read the nanny was also running into financial difficulties too.

None of this excuses what happened, obviously. I hope it makes all other households reconsider having a nanny.

Lazy ass, rich hausfrau's: TAKE CARE OF YOUR KIDS!

This is why there will be no gentle choking for you, sir! Strangle

A. You don't know anything about the relationship; coulda just as easily been that the mom and nanny were arguing because the nanny was lazy and the mom was pushing on her to meet pre-agreed upon expectations without any exploitation involved. We don't really know.

B. Nothing wrong with working moms having a nanny (or dad could cover the primary child care instead of a nanny, right?). IMO.

C. None of the above matters whatsoever. There's no circumstantial "trigger" to rationalize someone slaughtering children and I don't think anyone projects something so horrendous being done, even if the caregiver is acting a little "off".

D. You knew the last line of your post would get this kind of reaction; you baiter. Smiley_emoticons_wink

P.s. MS, I've read a lot more stories about mothers killing the children in their care than I have about nannies doing so.
I want a nanny. Or a housekeeper.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(11-12-2012, 01:26 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(11-07-2012, 04:56 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I have very little tolerance for bitches with a nanny.

I can just imagine the latest conversations between this particular mom and the nanny, "If you don't like your extra responsibilities (read: MAID), then you can fucking leave."

I read the nanny was also running into financial difficulties too.

None of this excuses what happened, obviously. I hope it makes all other households reconsider having a nanny.

Lazy ass, rich hausfrau's: TAKE CARE OF YOUR KIDS!

This is why there will be no gentle choking for you, sir! Strangle

A. You don't know anything about the relationship; coulda just as easily been that the mom and nanny were arguing because the nanny was lazy and the mom was pushing on her to meet pre-agreed upon expectations without any exploitation involved. We don't really know.

B. Nothing wrong with working moms having a nanny (or dad could cover the primary child care instead of a nanny, right?). IMO.

C. None of the above matters whatsoever. There's no circumstantial "trigger" to rationalize someone slaughtering children and I don't think anyone projects something so horrendous being done, even if the caregiver is acting a little "off".

D. You knew the last line of your post would get this kind of reaction; you baiter. Smiley_emoticons_wink

P.s. MS, I've read a lot more stories about mothers killing the children in their care than I have about nannies doing so.

Go ahead and opt for the boring one then, I guess.
(11-12-2012, 01:26 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: D. You knew the last line of your post would get this kind of reaction; you baiter. Smiley_emoticons_wink

Interesting. Would you say he's a...Master Baiter? Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

From all reports that I've read, the family (mother) tried to help the nanny as much as possible, by offering her extra hours, recommending her to friends, etc. In this case, unless more info emerges, all responsibility for this heinous crime belongs solely on the shoulders of Nanny Dearest.
(11-12-2012, 07:20 PM)ScientistsCanvas Wrote:
(11-12-2012, 01:26 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: D. You knew the last line of your post would get this kind of reaction; you baiter. Smiley_emoticons_wink

Interesting. Would you say he's a...Master Baiter? Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

From all reports that I've read, the family (mother) tried to help the nanny as much as possible, by offering her extra hours, recommending her to friends, etc. In this case, unless more info emerges, all responsibility for this heinous crime belongs solely on the shoulders of Nanny Dearest.

In my very humble opinion, there are two types of people that have nannies.

The first consists of 2 working parents that have a genuine NEED for childcare. They are well-off enough that they can hire a nanny (instead of traditional daycare). I have no problem with this arrangement.

The second is the rich-housewife, who'd rather spend her time shopping, going to the gym and getting her nails done, than be worked to the bone with the rigors or raising their children.

So, my rant was directed at 'that' mom in particular. I have no idea if this mom fit that category or not, and, if your read the rest of my post, I didn't try to excuse the nanny for her actions at all.
(11-12-2012, 07:20 PM)ScientistsCanvas Wrote:

In this case, unless more info emerges, all responsibility for this heinous crime belongs solely on the shoulders of Nanny Dearest.

It doesn't matter what else emerges, 100 percent of this horrible crime rests squarely on the shoulders of this nanny. There could never be ANY defense for taking the lives of two innocent children for revenge.