Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
West Of Memphis ~ A NEW SUSPECT

I am shocked that this story has not been dubbed one of the most fucked up criminal investigation that lead to one of the most ridiculous criminal proceedings in the history of the United States. However, the story is heating up once again; it should have never ended with just the pleas and release of the 3 accused. With a new documentary comes a proper investigation into this heinous crime. It is all starting to make sense as to the who, what, when, where, how, and why on all levels of this sensational but also sad story…

There is a new suspect

Meet Terry Hobbs
Stepfather to one of the three victims. (Stevie Branch)
[Image: 27hobbs_t607.jpg]

According to news reports - Sworn affadavits concealing the names of witnesses (a nephew & brother according to leaks) have been entered as evidence; as the investigation continues. Alleged claims of a confession or possibly details of the crime that no one knew about?????

An interesting youtube video about Terry Hobbs

I did not think it would be appropriate to post the actual crime scene photos of children. They are GRAPHIC! However, if you are that interested. You can find them on the net.

The victims
Byers died of "multiple injuries while Moore and Branch died of "multiple injuries with drowning". THEY WERE NOT RAPED!

The victims - Prosecution experts claim Byers' wounds were the results of a knife attack and that he had been purposely castrated by the murderer; defense experts claim the injuries were more probably the result of post-mortem animal predation. Police believed the boys were assaulted and killed at the location where they were found; critics argued that the assault, at least, was unlikely to have occurred at the creek.
[Image: victimsimages.jpg]

At the time (the accused)
[Image: West_Memphis_Three_Mugshot.jpg]

The Accused after 18yrs and 78 days of prison time were finally released; the plea did not abolish their guilt, it just read "time served."

[Image: west-memphis-three-628.jpg]
I never trusted Terry Hobbs story about not seeing them that day.
(10-27-2012, 12:18 PM)browntabby1226 Wrote: I never trusted Terry Hobbs story about not seeing them that day.

Its amazing how many stories he has about that day!

You would think and anyone can relate; when a horrific incident occurs. You never forget where you were or what you were doing.
Recent story posted on the A.P. site ~
Judge to rule on West Memphis 3 lawsuit next week
ADRIAN SAINZ, Associated Press

http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article...z2AX6n8IT0
I remember reading about these boys quite some time ago, wasn't there something that linked the step father to the crime or could have? This I think was around the time the 3 got released. I will have to read up more.
And I agree sc, I don't think anybody ever forgets where they were or what they were doing when something horrific occurs, especially when it involves your step son
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

(10-27-2012, 08:00 PM)Jezreel Wrote: I remember reading about these boys quite some time ago, wasn't there something that linked the step father to the crime or could have? This I think was around the time the 3 got released. I will have to read up more.
And I agree sc, I don't think anybody ever forgets where they were or what they were doing when something horrific occurs, especially when it involves your step son

Just before their initial release, there were innuendo’s pointing the finger at a number of people. However, it appears that the investigators not only have sworn affidavit’s about Terry Hobb’s talking about the case (allegedly a confession) but scientific evidence as well. I don’t think anyone who believes in the innocence of these three men will rest until they are exonerated 100%, the true killer is caught/convicted, and the political/legal entities that blindly ignored what they swore to uphold are held accountable.
Yes that's it I read something's about scientific evidence that linked him. Will definitely have to read up more to refresh my memory again.
So does someone else have to be convicted o the crime for the 3 to be completely exonerated?
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

It was a seriously bungled investigation. Both the "satan worshipping" angle used by the prosecution and their male-order certified expert on the subject were just plain ignorant and baseless, imo.

But, I'm not convinced that the 3 didn't do it yet. Misskelly's multiple confessions, the controversy over his intellect, Echols' suspicious behavior and statements.... All incriminating, whether they did it or not.

I'd like to see some solid evidence against someone else. I hope the new film is not like Paradise Lost II, where the film-maker "investigators" clearly and wrongly painted Chris Byer's stepfather (John Mark Byers) as the guilty party. I've always thought that Terry Hobbs was a better unofficial suspect, but haven't seen enough solid evidence reported to assume that he's guilty.

I'll watch the new film and am glad that the case is being revisited.
(10-27-2012, 08:22 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: But, I'm not convinced that the 3 didn't do it yet. Misskelly's multiple confessions, the controversy over his intellect, Echols' suspicious behavior and statements.... All incriminating, whether they did it or not.

The confession(s) was ridiculous in my opinion. I have never in the years of questioning people ever lead or gave an inference as to what was to be said or done. Lets remember, these kids (except Echols IMO) were not the brightest! I think the Hobb's scenerio fits, but I guess we'll see. Oh, I love that Peter Jackson (Lord Of The Rings) is a producer. I wonder if FRODO will make an appearance.
"male-order"?

Jesus, I'm the queen of typos these days. Ramsey better look out or I'm gonna swipe her crown! Smiley_emoticons_razz
(10-27-2012, 08:46 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: "male-order"?

Jesus, I'm the queen of typos these days. Ramsey better look out or I'm gonna swipe her crown! Smiley_emoticons_razz

I thought you were trying to show me some love LOL ~ or that could be the excuse!
(10-27-2012, 08:53 PM)Sphincter Cop Wrote:
(10-27-2012, 08:46 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: "male-order"?

I thought you were trying to show me some love LOL ~ or that could be the excuse!

Smiley_emoticons_wink I wish I'd done it on purpose. Didn't notice it til after the edit time had expired, as usual. But, I do like your posts, so here's a nice order of male for ya:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThLxCu3d6yP17-9DAwBMF...xtjc7a9j4A]
(10-27-2012, 09:41 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThLxCu3d6yP17-9DAwBMF...xtjc7a9j4A]
Thanks and Oh my......
Guess it will be a commando night when the hubby gets off shift!
During the years these guys were incarcerated, the Defense had all of the crime scene evidence tested for DNA. NOT ONE piece of evidence from the scene of the crime, the victims, whatever, matches the DNA of any of the three convicted men (boys). HOWEVER, there was a hair found IN THE LIGATURE that bound one of the boys (NOT Stevie Branch, Hobbs' step-son), that was microscopically similar to Terry Hobbs. Of course, this doesn't prove that he did it. But it certainly should have had the West Memphis police turning a critical eye toward Hobbs. Over all these years, with the "evidence" against him, and with the differing accounts and "alibis" he's given, he's never been a suspect or even a person of interest, as far as WMPD is concerned. Nowadays, it seems as though the parents are the first place they look during investigations.

I've read A LOT about this case over the years, including all of the police documents. Echols, Baldwin, and Misskelly were certainly not innocent youths, all three had run ins with the law prior to the murders, but I FIRMLY believe that they were innocent of murdering those little boys, and two of the three parents now believe the same.
http://mockforums.net/thread-4273.html

LC had a thread about this case. I didn't know it was heating up again. But then again, I have been avoiding most news because of all of the politic ads.
(10-27-2012, 10:01 PM)ScientistsCanvas Wrote: During the years these guys were incarcerated, the Defense had all of the crime scene evidence tested for DNA. NOT ONE piece of evidence from the scene of the crime, the victims, whatever, matches the DNA of any of the three convicted men (boys). HOWEVER, there was a hair found IN THE LIGATURE that bound one of the boys (NOT Stevie Branch, Hobbs' step-son), that was microscopically similar to Terry Hobbs. Of course, this doesn't prove that he did it. But it certainly should have had the West Memphis police turning a critical eye toward Hobbs. Over all these years, with the "evidence" against him, and with the differing accounts and "alibis" he's given, he's never been a suspect or even a person of interest, as far as WMPD is concerned. Nowadays, it seems as though the parents are the first place they look during investigations.

I've read A LOT about this case over the years, including all of the police documents. Echols, Baldwin, and Misskelly were certainly not innocent youths, all three had run ins with the law prior to the murders, but I FIRMLY believe that they were innocent of murdering those little boys, and two of the three parents now believe the same.

With recent posts and stories hitting the web via news related material; it appears that there is some discord amongst the the original three that were accused. Makes you wonder what the next documentary is going to focus on. I will say that Byers appeared to be a focus of the prior stories, but Hobbs has always been someone I thought was ignored when he should not have been.

Love the passion in your post! The story should only get more interesting as it heats up again!!
Some youtube material...........

Long but involved......
[Image: update.gif]

West Memphis Thee: West Of Memphis documentary spurs investigation

By: David Lohr via The Huffington Post

In the wake of a new documentary film about the "West Memphis Three," authorities in Arkansas are taking another look at the 19-year-old murders of three young boy scouts.

The revelation was made at a Wednesday hearing on a suit filed by Pam Hicks and John Mark Byers, two of the parents of the victims who are seeking access to police evidence in the case. During the court proceeding, Arkansas officials revealed there is an "ongoing investigation" into new affidavits made as a result of the documentary.

The film, "West of Memphis," examines the police investigation into the 1993 murders of three 8-year-old boys, Christopher Byers, Steven Branch and Michael Moore, in West Memphis. It also chronicles the arrest and ultimate release of Damien Echols, Jessie Misskelley Jr. and Jason Baldwin -– the trio dubbed the "West Memphis Three."

The new affidavits, which are featured in the documentary film, contain previously unheard evidence from three eyewitnesses about the final hours of the victims' lives. The evidence allegedly places Terry Hobbs, stepfather of Steven Branch, with the children immediately before they disappeared. The evidence also includes a sworn statement that Hobbs' nephew, Michael Hobbs Jr., allegedly made, saying his uncle was responsible for the murders of the three children. [Image: imagesCA5WCOE7.jpg][Image: imagesCAZQLE6F.jpg]

You can read more of this story at the link provided at the top of this page.

I hope this is the finale......
Via The Huffington Post Live Edition ~
[Image: 4e4ec0d53b7ecimage.jpg]
"West Memphis Three" Damien Echols appeared on a segment for HuffPost Live on Thursday to discuss his new book, "Life After Death" and the documentary “West of Memphis,” along with director Amy Berg.

Echols told host Ricky Camilleri that the conditions he underwent made him feel like he was going insane on a daily basis.

“I was in solitary confinement for almost a decade and you would see people that would just snap,” Echols said. “One day they seem normal, the next day they’re beating the walls until their fists are broken and bloody and screaming that the devil is in their cell.”
This was published on 1/22/12. Interesting read though!

'West of Memphis' Filmmakers Accuse Stepfather of Murder -- Would Welcome a Lawsuit (Updated)
By Steve Pond at TheWrap
Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:55am EST

At a news conference on Saturday, the filmmakers and legal team behind "West of Memphis" made it clear that they'd be delighted to be sued by Terry Hobbs, the man they strongly suggest is responsible for the triple murder for which three young men spent nearly 20 years in prison.

"Let him have at it," said Dennis Riordan, an attorney who led the legal battle of Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin and Jessie Misskelly, the "West Memphis Three," to regain their freedom.

Hobbs has sued before and lost. But the filmmakers go out on a limb, almost inviting a new lawsuit in implicating him in the murder of his stepson and two eight-year-old playmates in 1993.

"Things worked out very well for us when he sued Natalie Maines," said Riordan with a smile.

That suit came in 2007, when Maines pointed out that DNA evidence tied Hobbs, not Echols or Baldwin or Misskelly, to the crime scene.

Not only did Hobbs lose his defamation case, but he was ordered to pay Maines' $18,000 legal bills – and crucially, he was deposed about the day of the murder for the first time.

The resulting deposition footage is a key part of "West of Memphis." In it, Hobbs laughs off and refuses to answer some questions about his history of violence, and gives an account of the evening of the murder that contradicts the testimony of eyewitness.

This week, the West Memphis Three's legal team released additional information implicating Hobbs, in the form of the December depositions and polygraph tests of three people who say the killings were a "Hobbs family secret" known to Hobbs, his brother and his nephew. (The accounts are based on overheard conversations and things the nephew told his friends, and are thus not admissible in court.) More of the story here The Rest Of The Story