Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Check out these shoes.
I can't keep a secret. These are behind Curtain Number 3, JsMom. Custom-made Dirty Harry slip-ons. I'm gettin' us both a pair; they're cool (but not the best likeness).

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5mMJeJGMd4gojzJLNiVN...hztoU8Yuhg]

They remind me of a certain crime forum member that we haven't seen around in a while (who, for some reason, always made me laugh).

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRe_7t-NffI5meZ3WuFS5g...vbtjNWsEvB]

If he drops in for a visit, I'll thank him for making my day, and for the joy that he's given me (Maggot will get that last part).
HotD~Yah...I think I like the first pair of shoes best. Eventhough, I won't be walking in them. I might break a damn hip at 33. Not Cool. hah
(11-04-2012, 07:38 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: These are for J'sMom because they're crazy as hell, but they're functional and fun at the same time.

[Image: high+heel+shoes10.jpg]

(11-06-2012, 07:06 PM)JsMom Wrote: HotD~Yah...I think I like the first pair of shoes best. Eventhough, I won't be walking in them. I might break a damn hip at 33. Not Cool. hah

Well, alright then. I really do like the slip-ons though. NightOwl's cool and probably old enough to appreciate Dirty Harry like I do; she's gettin a pair as a bonus stocking stuffer.

Plus, I've reconsidered your point. Got a call about a half an hour ago that one of my clients who has had two hip replacements fell today and has to go to rehab for a bit. I don't want you to bust a hip.

BUT, you could use the funky black shoes that I picked out for you as flower vases instead. I have an old cowboy boot that belonged to my uncle; I lined it with plastic and use it that way. The funky black shoes above would be really pretty with a white or yellow orchid implanted.

AND, I'll find you something else too (so demanding, geesh).
HotD, this is a hoot, by jove I did like Dirty Harry.

Thank-you! Blowing-kisses
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
Sphincter Cop, here you are just for you a pair of Winklepickers hah

Winklepickers were big in the 50's the Beatles wore them, how the shoe came by this name is a bit of a puzzle - winkles and welks or whelks are similar to snails or escargot only much smaller.

Enjoy!

[Image: yhst-54299759066049_2234_989395538]
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
Hey NightOwl,

Here's one of my "hat walls". Winners wear hats!
[Image: newcamtest2002.jpg]
The cowboy boot/vase is in the corner.
See JsMom, you're gonna love your heely flower vases.

Couple of favorite pairs of boots
[Image: newcamtest2010.jpg]
Jesus, I need to sweep that floor. 50
HotD, your pictures are awesome! yes "winners wear hats" hah

What a great selection you have there, fishing net is a fabulous idea for hanging hats, women should wear hats like this more often!!!

The boot vase is unique.

I love boots also, those burgundy ones are very very sharp! burgundy is such a rich colour.

Blowing-kisses
Henry David Thoreau
Them thars me pimpin' gear.
(11-14-2012, 07:04 PM)NightOwl Wrote: "winners wear hats"

Every time someone tells me they like a hat I'm wearing, that's the first thing that runs through my mind, you saying that. ^^^^

I like your pix, Hot D. I especially like the ones taken behind your home, I covet people's hills because there are none around here.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
That house was built in 1952
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Quote:MAGGOT WROTE: That house was built in 1952.

Close. I think the house was built in 1946, Maggot. It just hasn't been dusted or swept down there since 1952. 50

That room is a utility room in the downstairs section (all non-permit); not sure when the non-permit stuff was done.
(11-14-2012, 07:04 PM)NightOwl Wrote: HotD, your pictures are awesome! yes "winners wear hats" hah

Thanks, NightOwl.

(11-14-2012, 07:07 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: Them thars me pimpin' gear.
Strollin' attire, actually. 116

(11-14-2012, 07:12 PM)Duchess Wrote: I like your pix, Hot D. I especially like the ones taken behind your home, I covet people's hills because there are none around here.[/i][/size]

Thanks Duchess. I love this new camera, first new digital camera that I've owned. It weighs less than 5 pounds and doesn't even eat AA batteries. I've offically joined the 21st century...
While I think some people look great in hats, they strike me as sort of Bohemian to me. Huh, I decided to look up Bohemian in UD and this is exactly how I feel about hats (and generalize about the people that wear them...except in England, whole 'nother matter). I'm not artsy, nor creative and I wouldn't describe myself as very laid back and relaxed. Smiley_emoticons_slash Besides, hats give you hat head which just sucks.

bohemian 1199 up, 343 down
somebody who leads an alternative lifestyle, they are not hippies because they can have an extremely wide range of different tastes in music, fashion, art, literature etc they are usually very creative people. they are above all optimists, even if they can be very cynical too(it does make sense...sort of). they like wearing a mixture of weird clothes and mix different fashions together just for the heck of it. they like weed. generally very laid back and relaxed.
While I think some people look great in hats, they strike me as sort of Bohemian to me. Huh, I decided to look up Bohemian in UD and this is exactly how I feel about hats (and generalize about the people that wear them...except in England, whole 'nother matter). I'm not artsy, nor creative and I wouldn't describe myself as very laid back and relaxed. Smiley_emoticons_slash Besides, hats give you hat head which just sucks.

bohemian 1199 up, 343 down
somebody who leads an alternative lifestyle, they are not hippies because they can have an extremely wide range of different tastes in music, fashion, art, literature etc they are usually very creative people. they are above all optimists, even if they can be very cynical too(it does make sense...sort of). they like wearing a mixture of weird clothes and mix different fashions together just for the heck of it. they like weed. generally very laid back and relaxed.
Hats are also worn a lot by people (women and men) who have long hair and don't always want to worry about it, especially on roadtrips, weekends, and windy days.

I don't really think about having hat hair because if I'm wearing a hat it's part of my outfit, just another accessory & I know I won't be taking it off.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(11-14-2012, 07:48 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:

Close. I think the house was built in 1946, Maggot. It just hasn't been dusted or swept down there since 1952. 50

That room is a utility room in the downstairs section (all non-permit); not sure when the non-permit stuff was done.

I almost said the late 40's because the baseboard is wide. every 10-15 years after they kept shrinking an inch. Blowing-kisses
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(11-14-2012, 08:22 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(11-14-2012, 07:48 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:

I almost said the late 40's because the baseboard is wide. every 10-15 years after they kept shrinking an inch. Blowing-kisses

Like men's collars and ties. Smiley_emoticons_wink

You're good. For all I know, the non-permit stuff was done in the early 50s.