Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
POTHEADS

Why is being called a pothead supposed to be considered an insult? I don't get that at all. I know several potheads who are all productive, successful individuals, they are creative people who get up & go to work everyday yet I see that term being thrown out sometimes as an insult. WTF.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
work everday annd enjoy a smoke, fuck others opinions.
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

(11-05-2012, 09:09 AM)ESAD Wrote: work everday annd enjoy a smoke, fuck others opinions.

I share your opinion. I'm just trying to understand why some people think it's an insult to call another person a pothead.
Because they are stuck in stigmata land, I have gone 2 weeks tomos without a single drink I intend to give up permanently, I think being a drunk is a far worse insult.
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

[Image: 41R97SIwPTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

This is why.
Because people who smoke pot have a reputation of being lazy and stupid. That's not true. My father owns his own business and is quite successful. He's a productive member of society and the furthest thing from lazy.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
..we can't have nice things.

For the same reason they call people that drink all the time drunks.
Personally, I think pot should be legal and have the same laws as alcohol.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(11-05-2012, 09:24 AM)pyropappy Wrote: [Image: 41R97SIwPTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

This is why.

I'd still do him!

Aside from the jokes, it boils down to stereotypes and this illogical belief that anyone who smokes anything "illegal" will step it up in the direction of another drug. I think people might also associate it with disease, and being lazy. IDK....

I never thought of the word "pothead" as derogatory or insulting. Then again I hang with and live around some pretty liberal people.

The top 10 of "potheads" ~ SUCCESSFUL POTHEADS!
^-- precisely.

Except the doing the hippy bit.

I really like this comment -

- they’re leading the free world, and they prove that all existing pothead stereotypes are nothing more than myths.
Can we please be real here?

Duchess is our hostess and likes to smoke pot. Big deal, but we don't need to feel like sucking up to her for our answer.

You asked why pothead has a negative connotation?

IMO, while there are 'successful' potheads, meaning they're holding down a job, they're not super successful. If a person feels they have to smoke EVERY day (that's my personal definition), then, NO, I don't think they'll amount to much, that's GENERALLY speaking.

It's hard to have a family and need to smoke pot every day (as it would be with drinking), but the other part of it is: it's still illegal, whether you agree with it or not.

I think if you NEED to ingest some sort of chemical EVERY day, there's a problem.
I have to agree with MS on that. Just as I feel that if a person goes home and drinks alcohol everynight, if someone gets high everynight, it's a problem. A bigger problem for some more than others.

My IL's are alcoholics. They drink everyday. They drank every day when the kids were little. Are they successful? Yes. They both worked everyday. Have a lot of money, two nice houses, two nice boats, vehicles. However, their youngest son is in rehab for the 10th or 11th time for alcohol abuse. My ex is well you all know about my ex. I think maybe if the IL's were a little more concnered about raising their kids, they might not have two alcholic sons. Maybe they would have anyway. Who knows? Another point is they had/have to plan everything around when they can drink. They simply cannot go a whole day without drinking. They don't drink like they used to but they still drink.

I feel about pot the same way I feel about alcohol. Once in a while is fine. But if it's something you have to do everyday, it's a problem. Even if you say I don't HAVE to do it everyday. I just do it everyday because I want to. It's a problem.
(11-05-2012, 11:41 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: we don't need to feel like sucking up to her for our answer.

IMO, while there are 'successful' potheads, meaning they're holding down a job, they're not super successful.

Who is sucking up to me? I don't see it.

Here's a few not super successful potheads. You're welcome. Smiley_emoticons_smile

Sir Richard Branson
Aaron Sorkin
Michael Phelps
Almost every American president
Mayor Michael Bloomberg
Ted Turner
Steven King
Montel Williams
Arnold Schwarzenegger
hah

If I wasn't so stoned and really wishing there was a cinammon Pop Tart on-hand, this thread might make more sense to me.

Seriously, I don't smoke often, but I enjoy it immensely when I do. I like a few cocktails on the weekend, but would rather get stoned any ole' day. I can't be intoxicated by anything very often due to the nature of my business and almost always being on call. But, there are some jobs/careers where it's not a conflict/problem to be a daily pot smoker and function just fine, imo.

P.s. MS: a little weed is the perfect aphrodisiciac too. (Stop me when I make you blush, I'm on an on-again off-again mission Smiley_emoticons_bussi).
(11-05-2012, 11:54 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(11-05-2012, 11:41 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: we don't need to feel like sucking up to her for our answer.

IMO, while there are 'successful' potheads, meaning they're holding down a job, they're not super successful.

Here's a few not super successful potheads. You're welcome. Smiley_emoticons_smile

Sir Richard Branson
Aaron Sorkin
Michael Phelps
Mayor Michael Bloomberg
Ted Turner
Steven King
Montel Williams
Arnold Schwarzenegger

This is where comprehension skills in reading all posts, and clicking on the available links come into play. But I always enjoy someone who comes in after the fact and skims through and makes an odd opinion. It gives their retardism more character.

(11-05-2012, 11:41 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I think if you NEED to ingest some sort of chemical EVERY day, there's a problem.

Does semen count?
Well, here we go....Im an everyday smoker. I smoke with a one hitter and can make an 8th last me for 3 weeks if I'm not sharing. If smoking an 8th of weed in 3 weeks makes me a pothead, then I guess that's what I am. Most real potheads smoke that much or more in one day, which I think is A LOT!!! I don't need weed, I like it and enjoy it, so people can judge me anyway they want, cause you all know...I don't really give a flyin fuck.
(11-05-2012, 11:54 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Sir Richard Branson
Aaron Sorkin
Michael Phelps
Mayor Michael Bloomberg
Ted Turner
Steven King
Montel Williams
Arnold Schwarzenegger

How do you know almost all the presidents smoke pot? You would think if that many do, they would make it legal.
They can't make it legal becoz they are the president and they smoke it dopey.