Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Voice of Elmo takes leave of absence
[Image: s-KEVIN-CLASH-large.jpg]

Via The Huffington Post
Kevin Clash, the voice of Sesame Street's Elmo, has taken a leave of absence from the iconic children's television show amid allegations that he had sex with a 16-year-old boy, TMZ reports.

The unnamed accuser, now 23, claims that he and Clash began their sexual relationship seven years ago, when he was 16 and the puppeteer was 45.

Clash, now 52, admits to being intimate with the accuser, but only after he turned 18.

"I had a relationship with [the accuser]," Clash said, according to Fox News. "It was between two consenting adults and I am deeply saddened that he is trying to make it into something it was not."

Sesame Workshop, the non-profit organization that produces the long-running show, received a "communication" from Clash's accuser during the summer.

The company released a statement today saying Clash exercised "poor judgment," but conducted an in-house investigation that discredited claims of underage sex.

We took the allegation very seriously and took immediate action. We met with the accuser twice and had repeated communications with him. We met with Kevin, who denied the accusation. We also conducted a thorough investigation and found the allegation of underage conduct to be unsubstantiated. Although this was a personal relationship unrelated to the workplace, our investigation did reveal that Kevin exercised poor judgment and violated company policy regarding internet usage and he was disciplined.

Clash, who made his debut in 1984 and later received national attention as the subject of the documentary "Being Elmo," is responsible for creating the beloved character as it is known today.

According to a 2011 feature in The Huffington Post:

Clash decided to revamp Elmo's original persona — which included a deep caveman voice — into something more lovable. He made Elmo a curious, energetic three-year old. Clash said that of all his characters, Elmo is the one that audiences gravitated toward to. "And by them latching on, Elmo's on a lot. And the more that he's on, the more I can do a lot of things with him. The more I get to know the character."

The accuser has sought legal counsel from Harrisburg, Pa., based law firm Andreozzi and Associates, best known for representing one of Jerry Sandusky's victims. Attorneys at the firm were not available for comment.

Not Elmo. Is nothing sacred.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Working now that the subject line is smaller?

Double vindication. hah
Commando Cunt Queen

Yup, it's the length of the title. I sent SC a pm telling him I had to shorten his.
Even creepier, is that this guy likely used the Elmo voice in bed. Sexually.

Gives "Tickle Me Elmo" a whole new meaning.
If this isn't true. That it was a consenting relationship, then it is a terrible devastating smear on a person. I feel sorry for him if this isn't true.
(11-12-2012, 04:56 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: If this isn't true. That it was a consenting relationship, then it is a terrible devastating smear on a person. I feel sorry for him if this isn't true.

Consenting or not; I find the whole thing disgusting. There is a moral obligation (working on sesame street) that you would know that carrying on such a relatioship is despicable! Come on!

Aside from the allegations/relationship, it appears like there is an angle on the victims part. Years later you come out kicking and screaming that you had butt sex or whatever with this guy??? Why not at the time??? Here's the answer = [Image: money-2.gif]
That's true, there is an age difference that shows an imbalance of power and influence that would apply to anyone in a relationship with a much older person. The younger is more open to manipulation and influence/persuasion.

I know that in my profession there is a mandatory forbidden patient relationship policy (the power imbalance is, the patient is vulnerable and they see you as a safe person and you can take advantage of that therapeutic relationship). If you get caught you will lose your registration. I have still heard of it going on though. The point is the law, has this person broken the law? I hope not.

As for the money aspect, please tell me Gloria Alred is not the lawyer.

My problem is, I always want it to not be true, whatever it is, a missing person, sexual misconduct, problem is there is so much evil in the world, most of the time it is true. It's usually the worst case scenario.

Addit: Elmo's got a new best friend (the song to his blanket) is one of my favourite songs.

Bwahahaha! Elmo is a big black man.
(11-12-2012, 07:40 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Bwahahaha! Elmo is a big black man.

Could you imagine sleeping with this guy and he breaks into Elmo voice? I think I would get sick
(11-12-2012, 07:55 PM)Sphincter Cop Wrote: Could you imagine sleeping with this guy and he breaks into Elmo voice?

No! I wouldn't be amused.

I don't like the babies that talk with an adult male's voice either. I find them pretty fricken creepy.
(11-12-2012, 08:09 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(11-12-2012, 07:55 PM)Sphincter Cop Wrote: Could you imagine sleeping with this guy and he breaks into Elmo voice?

No! I wouldn't be amused.

I don't like the babies that talk with an adult male's voice either. I find them pretty fricken creepy.

Ditto!

Oh Christ...I would be so creeped out, I would kick that fucker right out of bed, literally.
ACCUSER RECANTS ALLEGATION!!! ( GO FIGURE )

NEW YORK -
The man who accused Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash of having sex with him when he was a teen now says it isn't so.

The man is now saying his sexual relationship with Clash was adult and consensual.

In response to the statement Tuesday afternoon, Clash issued a statement of his own, saying he is "relieved that this painful allegation has been put to rest."

The man, who has not identified himself, released his statement through the Harrisburg, Pa., law firm of Andreozzi & Associates.

On Monday, Sesame Workshop said Clash had taken a leave of absence from "Sesame Street" after allegations came to light that he had had a relationship with a 16-year-old. Clash denied the charges from the man, who is now in his early 20s.
[Image: r-SHELDON-STEPHENS-ELMO-large570.jpg]

[Image: Kevin-Clash-accuser-Sheldon-Stephens.jpg]

Via Huff/Post
The man who first claimed he had a sexual relationship with the voice of Elmo and then recanted his story has reportedly been identified.

The Smoking Gun reports that Sheldon Stephens, a 24-year-old model and actor, is the man who tried to smear Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash.

The site learned of Stephens' identity and "confirmed his role in the Clash matter with two sources, a family member and a friend."

The Smoking Gun also reports that Stephens was arrested in 2009 for an alleged $250,000 jewelry robbery. The charges were eventually dropped.
[Image: Breaking-News-Banner.gif]
[Image: smallupdate.gif]
Kevin Clash, the longtime puppeteer and voice of Sesame Street's Elmo, has resigned from the children's television program amid underage sex allegations, Sesame Workshop announced on Tuesday.

The non-profit organization called the scandal a "distraction," according to a statement published by The New York Times.

The statement reads:
Sesame Workshop’s mission is to harness the educational power of media to help all children the world over reach their highest potential. Kevin Clash has helped us achieve that mission for 28 years, and none of us, especially Kevin, want anything to divert our attention from our focus on serving as a leading educational organization. Unfortunately, the controversy surrounding Kevin’s personal life has become a distraction that none of us want, and he has concluded that he can no longer be effective in his job and has resigned from Sesame Street. This is a sad day for Sesame Street.

HOWEVER (Via The Daily News)
a $5 million lawsuit labeled him a pedophile who trolled telephone chat rooms in a hunt for underage lovers.

The lawsuit was filed by a second man claiming that he was just a teenager when he had a sexual relationship with the award-winning voice of the beloved kids’ character.

Clash, 52, “was an unmarried adult male living a prominent public life centered around the entertainment of toddlers, while at the same time he was, in secret, preying on teenage boys to satisfy his depraved sexual interests,” the Manhattan lawsuit charged.

Sesame Workshop, which had granted Clash a leave of absence after the first allegation of sex with a minor, issued a statement accepting his resignation after 28 years as Elmo.

I feel bad for him.
(11-20-2012, 03:37 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I feel bad for him.

It's the price of fame, but I totally agree.
(11-20-2012, 06:05 PM)Sphincter Cop Wrote:
(11-20-2012, 03:37 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I feel bad for him.

It's the price of fame, but I totally agree.

I feel bad too. I think all of this is bullshit and these scumbags are trying to cash in.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
The second guy.
The accuser — who is now in his 30s — has filed a lawsuit against Clash … claiming the two met on a gay phone chat line back in 1993 … when the accuser was 15 years old and Clash was 32.
In the suit, the accuser reveals his name — Cecil Singleton. His attorney also provided a photo.

[Image: 6466f3a3820e.jpg]