Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Saints fans file class-action lolsuit against NFL, Goodell .
NEW ORLEANS -- A group of New Orleans Saints fans are taking NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to federal court, seeking $80 million in damages.

Led by David James Macina, a St. Tammany resident and Saints season-ticket holder, a class-action lawsuit was filed against Goodell in the U.S. District Court for the punishments meted against Saints players, coaches and management for their roles in the bounty scandal.

The $80 million judgment that the plaintiffs are seeking comes from the damages brought on by Goodell and the NFL from gutting the team through suspensions, which devalued tickets, and the emotional hardship fans have had to endure during the scandal.

The lawsuit contends that Mancina and other season ticket holders “purchased their tickets with the representation, and expectation, from the Commissioner and the League that the Saints would be capable of competitively fielding a contending team comprised of the finest athletes, and the best coaches, under contract with the New Orleans Saints, or available to them through normal trades and draft choices, without dictatorial, unreasonable, vindictive, and unfounded, interference from the Commissioner and the League, devoid of due process.”

However, after the season tickets were purchased on March 21, 2012, the league didn't inform Mancina and others season-ticket holders that an investigation had been ongoing since 2009 into the illegal bounty program.

http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20...t-NFL-Goodell-
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

My team is playing pretty freakin' crappy this year and we have talent out the wahzoo. It's been a very difficult year & I'm under extreme emotional duress because of it. I've prayed to the NFL gods to no avail & pleaded with the players on the field to please PLEASE RUN THE FUCKING BALL all the while slapping on whoever has the misfortune to be sitting next to me. I need professional help, will the Philadelphia Eagles organization pay for it? Huh? Huh? Huh?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Good luck with that Smiley_emoticons_razz
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

It's a freak'in ball. Someone throws it, you catch it and run.

80 million?

Please.

Surely you can't believe it's that simple & any person could do it well.

Please.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(11-22-2012, 05:20 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Surely you can't believe it's that simple & any person could do it well.

Please.

True.
(I didn't expect anyone to bring logic into this thread. . .)

:(
big mistake bro.

(11-23-2012, 10:27 AM)ESAD Wrote: big mistake bro.

You'd think I'd get that by now. . .