Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Teen who raped,and murdered 5-year-old girl
ROSEBURG, Ore. -- A judge has decided that the teen who raped and murdered a 5-year-old Roseburg girl will spend the rest of his life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Judge Randy Garrison handed down his ruling on Tuesday at the conclusion of the sentencing hearing for Dustin Wallace, 18, who was convicted for the assault that happened back in 2010.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Teen-...79921.html

This is a horrific crime but given that he was only 16 at the time, as he stated her death was an accident, and he opted for a Judge only trial, does anyone feel this sentence is excessive?
Is this the normal sentence handed down to a teenager of this age in an American court?
I am not an American, so I am genuinely interested in comments about this case.
No, its not excessive at all. Judge should have ordered the bastard sumarily exicuted.
How in the hell do you even pretend to rehabilitate an asshole like that?
Since it can't be done, why keep and feed him forever?
So the rapes this little girl and she "accidentally" dies? WTF?
Hope they are all out of vaseline on his first night in the big house
(11-24-2012, 01:45 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: No, its not excessive at all. Judge should have ordered the bastard sumarily exicuted.
How in the hell do you even pretend to rehabilitate an asshole like that?
Since it can't be done, why keep and feed him forever?
So the rapes this little girl and she "accidentally" dies? WTF?
Hope they are all out of vaseline on his first night in the big house

The Judge could not order the death penalty as he was under 18 at the time of the offence.
Another question...how can someone be found guilty on six counts of aggravated murder...when they murder one person? It just seems strange to me.

More info. He appears to have been sleeping in the same room as her, his Father was the girl's Mother's boyfriend.

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2010/07/d...d_with.php
(11-24-2012, 02:34 AM)septic Wrote: how can someone be found guilty on six counts of aggravated murder...when they murder one person?

I always question that too & I don't think I've ever gotten a reasonable explanation whenever I've taken the time to ask about it.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Its pretty common. One act can violate many laws, so they get charged with each infraction
I think the sentence in this case was a good one.

Yeah, Wallace was a minor when he raped and killed the 5 year old, but she didn't die accidently. She died because she was suffocated while being raped. Wallace tried to cover the crime, lied to police, and reportedly tapes reflect no remorse on his part.

If one is so heartless and selfish at the age 16 that he is willing to degrade and snuff the life out of a defenseless child, he is a danger to society for the rest of his life, imo. I am glad he didn't get the death penalty due to his age; maybe with time he'll learn to feel and understand the devastation that his actions caused. But, even if he doesn't, he'll never have a chance to repeat those actions on innocent civilians again. He's where he belongs, til he dies.

[Image: sahara_dwight405.jpg]
RIP, sweet girl

P.s. Duchess, regarding multiple charges - as Six said, there are often several laws broken during the course of the same crime. Prosecutors often charge all of them separately, as they should, imo.

If the judge or jury doesn't feel there is evidence enough to convict on the highest charges, they can convict on the lesser charges. If Casey Anthony, for example, hadn't been charged with lying to police and convicted only of that crime, she'd have no criminal conviction on her record and I could see her and her attorney having tried to sue OC PD for unlawful incarceration or some such crap for the nearly 3 years she spent in jail leading up to trial. Just one example. JMO...
In my opinion, It appears that this piece of shit may have admitted to multiple acts upon this child prior to suffocating her to death and then raping her. I am guessing this is where the multiple charges come into play. He was found guilty of 16 total charges.

My immediate thoughts go to the death penalty whenever a child is murdered. I always seem to struggle with the back and forth dilemma of considering life/death for any juvenile. There is the premise of not knowing any better that reigns supreme in my mind. Every case is different when it pertains to juvenile defendants and I fully believe that mental health and upbringing play a huge part.

However, I am satisfied with the sentence of life; let someone study him.
Link includes video of Judge Garrison handing down the sentence. It provides insight into Wallace's behavior before, during and after the rape/murder, along with the Judge's rationale for sentencing on the charges.

http://www.kpic.com/home/video/179210281.html