Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Casey Anthony : Google Evidence BLUNDER
I already know there are a few threads dedicated to the Casey Anthony crime, trial, and aftermath.

However, this centers on the criminal investigation. Curious as to what you think.

Personally, what a bunch of fuck ups! The Sheriff's Office acts like its their first time in response to what has now been discovered. Someone needs to be held accountable for their incompetence and complete mishandling of what could have been a smoking gun for the prosecution. Just my opinion. !!!

Casey Anthony Case: Detectives Overlook Crucial Google Search Evidence

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/20...z2DM9f9Lpx

Published November 26, 2012
Fox News Latino

Investigators overlooked critical evidence in the disappearance of 2-year-old Caylee Anthony.

The Florida sheriff's office in charge of the case missed evidence that someone in the Anthony home did a Google search for "fool-proof" suffocation methods on the day Caylee was last seen alive.

Orange County sheriff's Capt. Angelo Nieves said Sunday that the office's computer investigator missed the June 16, 2008, search. The agency's admission was first reported by Orlando television station WKMG. It's not known who performed the search. The station reported it was done on a browser primarily used by the 2-year-old's mother, Casey Anthony, who was acquitted of the girl's murder in 2011.

Anthony's attorneys argued during trial that Casey Anthony helped her father, George Anthony, cover up the girl's drowning in the family pool.

WKMG reports that sheriff's investigators pulled 17 vague entries only from the computer's Internet Explorer browser, not the Mozilla Firefox browser commonly used by Casey Anthony. More than 1,200 Firefox entries, including the suffocation search, were overlooked.

Whoever conducted the Google search looked for the term "fool-proof suffcation," misspelling "suffocation," and then clicked on an article about suicide that discussed taking poison and putting a bag over one's head.

The browser then recorded activity on the social networking site MySpace, which was used by Casey Anthony but not her father.

A computer expert for Anthony's defense team found the search before the trial. Her lead attorney, Jose Baez, first mentioned the search in his book about the case but suggested it was George Anthony who conducted the search after Caylee drowned because he wanted to kill himself.

Not knowing about the computer search, prosecutors had argued Caylee was poisoned with chloroform and then suffocated by duct tape placed over her mouth and nose. The girl's body was found six months after she disappeared in a field near the family home and was too decomposed for an exact cause of death to be determined.

Prosecutors presented evidence that someone in the Anthony home searched online for how to make chloroform, but Casey Anthony's mother, Cindy, claimed on the witness stand that she had done the searches by mistake while looking up information about chlorophyll.

Many jurors apparently went into hiding amid public outrage over the verdict and refused to comment, but two have said prosecutors couldn't conclusively prove how Caylee died.

Prosecutors Linda Drane Burdick and Jeff Ashton didn't respond to emails from The Associated Press on Sunday.

But Ashton told WKMG that "it's just a shame we didn't have it. This certainly would have put the accidental death claim in serious question."

Baez, who no longer represents Anthony, didn't respond to phone or email messages Sunday from The Associated Press but told WKMG that he expected prosecutors to bring up the search at trial.

"When they didn't, we were kind of shocked," said Baez, who was brought into the national spotlight for representing Anthony during the trial.

Her current attorney, Cheney Mason, who was also on the trial team, didn't return an email message from AP Sunday, and his office answering service refused to take a phone message.

The sheriff's office didn't consult the FBI or Florida Department of Law Enforcement for help searching the computer in the Anthony case, a mistake investigators have learned from, Nieves said. YOU GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!

LC would be so pissed. That verdict was very difficult for her to swallow, it made her sick, she didn't even like devoting time to anything Casey afterwards. She told us she only did so because it was all part of the story & she wanted to keep the integrity of that.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(11-26-2012, 03:15 PM)Duchess Wrote:

LC would be so pissed. That verdict was very difficult for her to swallow, it made her sick, she didn't even like devoting time to anything Casey afterwards. She told us she only did so because it was all part of the story & she wanted to keep the integrity of that.

This would have sent her over the edge. Ha, I could see her writing a strongly worded letter/email to the department.
Caylee must be turning over in her grave, even at the tender age she was!

It's all Beat_deadhorse now!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Is Casey still in FL?

There's a new bartender in the town where I work who looks A LOT like her.

Funny, she started right around the end of September/early October, which is when I believe Anthony was free to leave Florida.

Anyone?
I like Jeff Ashton and Dr. Arpad Vaas - both great thinkers, imo.

But, the prosecution should have focused more on the basics and devoted more time to the tangibles, like the computer forensics. They should have been pushing on the investigators for everything available.

Focusing too much on new science (like they did with the emerging technology for detecting human decomposition smell with Dr. Vaas) is risky, it can easily be too much for the jury to comprehend. I think it was a trial mistake, as was the shoddy job on computer evidence and testimony. The investigators overlooked these key browser searches and vastly overstated the number of searches on the other browser (and had to correct themselves during trial - that cost the prosecution and gave the defense a window to discount other evidence presented, imo).

Imo, it's similar to the amount of time and detail spent on what was then new DNA technology during the OJ Simpson trial. I could see the jury looking puzzled and bored with the in-depth scientific testimony. Today, the science is much more widely proven and accepted and easier to present, but back then it was still a pretty foreign concept.

It might not have made a difference in either verdict if the emerging science testimony had been kept simpler and more effort and focus had been placed on other tangible and circumstantial evidence, but it's something that I've pondered when I've tried to put myself in the shoes of a juror in both trials - the verdicts of which pissed me off too.

Not trying to be a Monday morning quarterback here, just thinking out loud. Shame these searches were missed and difficult to understand why.
I wonder what Casey's parents think of that? Assholes.
Commando Cunt Queen
(11-26-2012, 03:58 PM)username Wrote: I wonder what Casey's parents think of that? Assholes.

They may have known all along.

The defense team had the search info and was surprised that it wasn't brought up at trial. Seeing that Cindy Anthony appeared prepared to lie about the Chloroform/Chlorophyl search, wouldn't surprise me if she had been prepared to lie about these other Google searches too. Just speculation based on Cindy's behavior throughout the investigation and trial. Deny and cover, her MO...
(11-26-2012, 03:30 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Is Casey still in FL?

There's a new bartender in the town where I work who looks A LOT like her.

Funny, she started right around the end of September/early October, which is when I believe Anthony was free to leave Florida.

Anyone?

Keep an eye out for the TATOO!!
(11-26-2012, 04:02 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(11-26-2012, 03:58 PM)username Wrote: I wonder what Casey's parents think of that? Assholes.

They may have known all along.

The defense team had the search info and was surprised that it wasn't brought up at trial. Seeing that Cindy Anthony appeared prepared to lie about the Chloroform/Chlorophyl search, wouldn't surprise me if she had been prepared to lie about these other Google searches too. Just speculation based on Cindy's behavior throughout the investigation and trial. Deny and cover, her MO...

It's never even crossed my mind to try and keep my sons out of trouble when they did wrong. This is what you get when you spoil your kids rotten and never make them accountable for their actions.
I told both my kids if they do sorting stupid and get arrested I am not bailing them out or paying for an attorney. They have to take their lumps. Now if I thought one if them killed someone much less their own child, I would be the first one turning then in.

When I read this, my first thought was I'm glad LC isn't here to see this.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies