Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I like real.....
I like real people, real food (i.e. no fucking soy-burgers), real tits on a woman, real fireplaces, real jewelry, real tattoos, etc, etc, etc.

So, where am I going with this you ask? Well, I'm considering doing something I've never done in my 47 years on this planet. Commit the mother of all blasphemies. Go against all of my upbringing and perpetrate the biggest of all sins.

Yup, I'm considering buying an artificial Christmas tree this year. I really dig decorating the house and such..one of my favorite times of the year. However, this year is a bit different, as I'll pretty much be alone during the holiday season. for the first time in a very long time. One of the cool things I always look forward to is going out and picking out a real tree with my wife, step kid, girlfriend....but not happening this year, so the excitement just isnt there. Trying to force myself into the spirit, and figure a tree would be a good start.

Anyhoo, the reason I'm posting is to get a little advice from those of you that have them (artificial trees). I look at the ones in the local stores, and quite frankly, they generally look like shit. So, I did a little looking online, and found one that looks very nice, and resembles the type of real tree I typically buy, a Douglas Fir

Clickity-click-click-click

To be honest, I'm a bit weary of dropping nearly 5 benjamins on a tree, but the ones I see for less than $200 just plain suck. I'm especially weary as all I can see online is a picture, which obviously can be made to look as good as they want it to.

So, for those of you with the artificial trees, or have had them...what did you have to spend? Is this type of price normal for something decent? I do like the fact that this one is pre-lit...it's always a hassle removing the lights after Christmas. And I figure, if I continue to use this thing, it will pay for itself in about 6 years (normally drop $80 on real tree).

Input appreciated.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

I put at least two trees up & I have both real and artificial, I resisted an artificial one for a long time because I had only ever had a real one but every single year that I put it up I swear it's some of the best money I've ever spent. The one I have now is my very first one & I've had it quite a few years at this point. I can't recall what I paid for it but I remember looking for the one with the most tips, I knew that would indicate how lush it would be.

Quite a few hundred dollars is the norm for a realistic looking tree.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Do you remember if you bought it online, or were able to see it beforehand?
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

I saw it in person before I purchased it.

I followed your link, that's a great looking tree and it's full of lights. I love that you have the option of clear or colored, depending on your mood.
Like I mentioned...thats what worries me a bit. Getting the thing, and not having it look like the picture, or not as good. It got good reviews, but only 3 of them.

And yeah, I liked the light option too.

Have you tried looking at any of your higher end garden centers?
No, not really..just Home-depot, Lowes, and Wally-World. I'm not sure that we really have any "high-end" garden centers in Boise. Quite a few Nurseries, but methinks thats all live stuff.

If you see the nurseries decorated for the season you should stop in. Many of the ones here sell artificial trees, that's what I was referring to when I said garden center.
Good idea, theres one pretty close to my house that I'll drive by tomorrow. Never really thought of a nursery selling fake stuff.

Target has some nice ones. It won't look as nice as a real tree but you can do it up really with lots of ornaments and colorful stuff. If you get per lit, the more lights the better .
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies

My favorite garden center here turns into a magical holiday wonderland when the planting season is over. Tree after artificial tree decorated, many of them have a theme and they'll give two prices, one for a bare tree and one with all the decorations you see on it. That place is a huge deal around here & people often go just to walk through the trees. I love the holidays. Cluck Cluck Cluck.
Yes agree with Ms D, you need to spend "hundreds" if you want a real looking tree. About 10 years ago, we bought an artificial tree, at an after Christmas sale at "50"% off. We still paid over two hundred dollars for it back then. And today the trees are even more realistic then when we got ours. And looking at the reviews of your intended tree got, they were all positive, especially with the stay at home mom liking her's so much she went and bought a second tree for her mother. Says a lot for how much she liked the tree, so . . . .
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I don't understand why being alone this year means you can't do a real tree. It doesn't take that much time, enthusiasm, or effort to get the tree and decorate it, imo. Maybe you'd enjoy it even if you're alone; doesn't have to mean lonely.

But, if you do go for the artificial tree, the one you linked is really nice, Kid. You'll have it for years, so really it's minimal investment if you pro-rate it across the next ten years or more.

I'm still pondering what to toss under the Magical Mock Christmas Tree for you. Feel like I'm gettin' to know you a little better, which will make it easier to get you something special...

Get him one those electric sammich making things. *nods*

(11-30-2012, 07:46 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I don't understand why being alone this year means you can't do a real tree. It doesn't take that much time, enthusiasm, or effort to get the tree and decorate it, imo. Maybe you'd enjoy it even if you're alone; doesn't have to mean lonely.

I won't be lonely, it's just a lot of the fun for me was sharing that particular experience with loved ones. And while I do love the smell and look of real trees, they can be a pain in the ass.

Quote:Get him one those electric sammich making things. *nods*

Good idea! That will make HOTD's new job a lot easier!

(11-30-2012, 07:58 PM)thekid65 Wrote: I won't be lonely, it's just a lot of the fun for me was sharing that particular experience with loved ones. And while I do love the smell and look of real trees, they can be a pain in the ass.

Quote:Get him one those electric sammich making things. *nods*

Good idea! That will make HOTD's new job a lot easier!

That's true. Electrocuting your balls (if they ever make an appearance) with a sandwich making thingy is one of many ways to get the job done. Thank you for continuing to make things as easy as possible for me, Kid.

Picture that!

(11-30-2012, 08:05 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Thank you for continuing to make it as easy as possible for me, Kid.

I realize who I'm dealing with here. And it's painfully obvious that the less complicated the task, the more likelihood that it will be done right.

Albeit, I think in order to achieve the effect you want, with a desirable outcome, would have been to place the aforementioned nutsack in the sammich maker, smash and grill.

Shit, there I go thinking for you again. How da'fuck are you ever supposed to learn to do that for yourself if I keep doing it for you?

(11-30-2012, 08:15 PM)thekid65 Wrote:
(11-30-2012, 08:05 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Thank you for continuing to make it as easy as possible for me, Kid.

I realize who I'm dealing with here. And it's painfully obvious that the less complicated the task, the more likelihood that it will be done right.

Albeit, I think in order to achieve the effect you want, with a desirable outcome, would have been to place the aforementioned nutsack in the sammich maker, smash and grill.

Shit, there I go thinking for you again. How da'fuck are you ever supposed to learn to do that for yourself if I keep doing it for you?

See, I've got you doing my job for me; delegating is one of my strengths.

You've already devised your own plan for electrocuting your own balls. This is gonna be even easier than I thought.

Thanks again, Kid.

P.s. get the real tree, some of the artificial ones require assembly and I might not be available to lead you through it...