• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Three Teens Charged In Death Of Friend.
Three Teens–Not Shooter–Charged in Alabama Girl’s Death
Via True Tv ~ Nastacia Leshchinskaya

[Image: gravine-teens-300x136.jpg]
From left: Byrd, Parnell and Tyree. Police photos

[Image: summer-moody-e1354311606302.jpg]
Summer Moody, 17

In April, four Alabama teens–Scott Byrd, Dylan Tyree, Daniel Parnell and Summer Moody–went to Gravine Island in the Tensaw river delta, where they allegedly broke into cabins. Three men who were on the island took notice of the teens, and one of them, authorities say, fired what was meant to be a warning shot. The bullet hit Moody, 17, in the head. She died ten days later.

Prosecutors have charged Byrd, Tyree and Parnell, all 18, with felony murder in Moody’s death in addition to burglary. The Alabama felony murder rule states that when, during the commission of a felony, a person dies, the perpetrators of the felony are also guilty of murder. The three men who were on the island–William Hearn, Lonnie Davison and Larry Dean Duncan Jr.–have not been charged. According to reports, they were staying at a cabin when they heard the teens breaking into a neighboring cabin. Hearn first fired a shot into the ground, then Davidson fired into the general direction of where the teens were hiding.

Duncan, who fired the fatal shot, is a convicted felon. According to Baldwin County District Attorney Hallie Dixon, felons in Alabama are prohibited from owning handguns, but are allowed to possess long guns, which is what police say was used in Moody’s shooting. However, under Federal law, felons are prohibited from owning any firearms. Federal investigations have their own probe into the case, but so far no charges have been filed.

After a bail hearing Friday, the three teens remain in jail on $200,000 bond. Their attorneys, as well as Moody’s family, argue that the murder charges against the teens are “inconsistent,” considering that the shooter was not charged and the death was ruled accidental. One of the teens, Scott Byrd, is still listed on Facebook as Moody’s boyfriend.
More thieving bastards, fuckem
I don't like it when there are conflicts between State and Federal laws; messy. But, I understand that it sometimes works towards the benefit of society (in so much as it give extra prosecutorial options against bad guys/girls).

In this case, if the cabin guys' statements have been verified and the shooter was indeed only intending to fire "scare off" shots, I don't think the shooter will be charged with anything serious, if anything at all. He was legally able to carry that kind of gun in the state. Maybe a state charge of recklessness or something like that would be appropriate, but I doubt the Feds will end up charging him with illegal possession based on the Federal felon anti-carry law unless his story doesn't add up. I could be wrong.

As for Moody's thieving friends, I understand legally how they can be charged with her murder; it may be a winnable case, imo. However, I think they should be charged with the robbery-related crimes only. Just because they can be charged with her murder, doesn't mean that they should, imo. Unless there's more to this story that hasn't been released, they didn't intend for Moody to get killed or toss her out into the line of fire to save themselves or force her into joining them in the first place or anything like that. I think the murder charges against them are too much, based on what we know from the OP.

JMO...
I think they Should be charged with her murder. This is exactly what those laws were enacted for. Assholes partake in some felonious activity, like an armed robbery and someone gets killed. Before, if they didn't actually pull the trigger they might walk away with a very light sentence. This was a way to make sure that didn't happen.
People work hard for their shit, to hard for some asshole just to take it with no consequences. Other people think that each life is so precious th no one should ever be deprived of thies ever, I call Bullshit. There are a Shitload of people out there that are so worthless they should have been killed at birth. Even these fresh faced white kids, they think its ok just to break in and steal, fuck em. We don't need them in the gene pool, so here is a little bleach for the pool.
The no consequences part and worthless parents is why there are so many of them around, kill off a few as examples and make them examples, maybe that will help, it can't hurt.

I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand I totally agree with the law & as Six said, we work hard for our things. I love my stuff! I also wish there was a way some of these young people could just learn a good hard lesson without having to die to do so.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I disagree with the law. The punishment should fit the crime.
Commando Cunt Queen