Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brand Favorites
Are there some products, some brands you buy at the exclusion of all others?

For example, I will only use Heinz catsup. All others are too runny with little flavor. Heinz is the best.

I also purchase Doritos and no other corn chip. The others are too salty or oily for my tastes.

Coke, not Pepsi.

I also enjoy Timberland boots over any other boot.

Are there some Brands you go with and refuse to try any other?

Some generics I don't mind, but usually there's a reason some brands are a bit more expensive. They're simply better.
There are cases where I just gotta have the certain brand. Some fast examples:

If I use steak sauce - Peter Luger.

If I have soda - Coke, not Pepsi.

Ice cream - has to be a brand I know is tops, like Hagen Dazs.
86 112
I was sharing this idea with Liz telling her I don't find myself really all that Brand loyal and she reminded me I'm really quite the opposite.
Here are some other products I'll buy at the exclusion of any other:

Q-Tips (more cotton on the end unlike the other cotton swabs).
Canon cameras. Could just be they are what I like and am now used to.
Charmin TP. Life is too short for cheap beer or cheap toilet paper.
Cheese Nips. Don't eat them often but when I do, these are a must. The others don't taste cheesy enough and are too oily.
Nabisco. Simply can't go wrong with any of their guilty pleasure treats and snacks.
Del Monte canned fruit.
Apple computers. I use Dell at work but talk about hassle free, never an issue net surfing- I love macs.
Mercedes. Liz drives hers and I love it too.
I drive a 1996 Impala SS but it's a tin can compared to Liz's car.
Ivory soap.
Shell gas.
[user=1]Middle Finger[/user] wrote:
Quote:There are cases where I just gotta have the certain brand. Some fast examples:

If I use steak sauce - Peter Luger.

If I have soda - Coke, not Pepsi.

Ice cream - has to be a brand I know is tops, like Hagen Dazs.

I agree!
Hagen Dazs simply owns it when it comes to rich ice cream. It is the only ice cream I can't eat a ton of.

For whatever reason, Cold Stone is popular around here but I don't like the half melted feel of it and the ingredients don't seem mixed in well.

Pepsi is too sweet. I've enjoyed Coke Zero lately.

I'll try your steak sauce. Haven't considered that one. Remember growing up and having Heinz 57 around the house? Now I can only find A1 but 57 was a bit more sweet yet tart and was tasty on fried eggs.
Peter Luger is my all-time favorite. It is on the sweet side but delicious. They serve it on big sliced onions and tomatoes at their restaurant. They have two restaurants, and they use their own private source of cows and their own special aged meat process.

I wasn't a big user o Heinz 57 or A1, but there was a few years in my youth when I was into A1. I then started disliking it. I thought the harsh flavor was damaging to the meat. I feel a high quality steak should be rare and the sauce sweet to make the meat sweet.

Pepsi is too sweet to me too. I don't drink soda much at all, it's very rare. But Coke has a character that is delicious if you are thirsty.

Ben & Jerry's is one of the rare exceptions to the Hagen Dazs rule. Their Chunky Monkey flavor is one of my all-time favorites, for example.
86 112
A1 drowns out the flavor of steak- no good.
Mixed with onions and a bit of garlic powder in your 8020 sirloin and you're cooking up one tasty hamburger.
Pepsi

Dawn dish soap

Nexis shampoo

Sony

Doritos.......never anything else.........never

Miracle Whip....no mayo

Cool Whip.......that shit in the can is nasty

Scotts Extra Soft TP

Puffs

Playtex Tampons ::laugh:: Iknow the guys wanted to know that.

Soda - coke products - mainly diet coke
computers - dell
sneakers - nike, always
shoes - aldo, kenneth cole
milk - 1%
electric razor - braun
facebook or myspace or twitter - facebook
Someone please explain to Liquid that "1%" isn't a brand.

Thanks.
86 112
Middle Finger Wrote:Someone please explain to Liquid that "1%" isn't a brand.

Thanks.

I know that, but to many they associate milk with 3 "brands" - 2%, 1% and skim milk.

It may not be some trademarked brand TM, but something that has become "branded" in society.

so fuck off you hairy italian fuck.
[user=47]Liquid[/user] wrote:
Quote:Soda - coke products - mainly diet coke
computers - dell
sneakers - nike, always
shoes - aldo, kenneth cole
milk - 1%
electric razor - braun
facebook or myspace or twitter - facebook

I so wish I could get used to an electric razor if only for the reason I love this razor! The heft and feel of a Braun is wonderful. Great quality too in a product. Built to last.
I always end up back using hot water and a blade though and right now that is Gillette, hands down. Silky smooth shave.

Edited to add:

I suppose you could even shave your nut sack with them and not nick your jewels, but that's for another debate...
Liquid, you mention three 'brands' of milk, but what about whole milk?
Those are not brands of milk, you dope! Those are types of milk. What's next, calling chunky peanut butter a brand, and smooth another brand? Hey, why not call diet, sugar free, caffeine free, and low sodium brands of soda you dopey Ramsey-clone bitch.
86 112
Of course they're not brands but you get what he is saying.

Because milk is a local product I doubt there can be a brand loyalty.

Although, anyone here remember Foremost milk?
They featured a slow motion commercial where a drop of milk landed ina near full glass of milk, poured straight from the carton? I guess there used to be national brands of milk but not so much anymore.

[Image: milk.jpg]
Sorry, 1% is not a brand. There are brands of 1% people like better than other 1% milks. Some brands put out better tasting 2% milk than the whole milk of certain other brands.

I'm right. He's wrong. I hate him and he is talking about a type of food product, not a brand.
86 112
Well, here's hoping you're able to work that out and then get back to this thread with gusto.
Oooh a thread about... brands.... how exciting.
::blink::

Heh ok,

Skippy Peanut Butter
Mountain Dew soda
Scott toilet paper (I just can't justify buying anything else due to the sheet count)
Huggies Supreme dipes for my son (everything else leaks)

Otherwise... I dunno. I'm not really brand person.
Ima name brand whore ~ without a doubt

Nexus hair products...Covergirl makeup, only liner, mascara& lip gloss tho...Diet Mountain Dew...Tide & Downy...Gap & Ralph Lauren...I could go on & on, Ima materialistic bitch too, I really like my "stuff", it makes me happy.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Almay Super One Coat Mascara - used it for 25 years.
Tide and Lavender/Vanilla Downey.
Comet Bathroom Cleaner.
Cascade.
Aussie Hair Products.
Oil of Olay Face Products.
No cheap shoes like Payless.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I'm with Syber on the Scott toilet paper, I think that poofy, quilted stuff is wasteful.

Other than that, the only brands I stick to are pet related.