Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Puppy found SKINNED from neck to tail in owner’s backyard
A four-month-old boxer pup was found with more than half of its skin missing in the yard of her owners Dallas, Texas home, and investigators are furiously attempting to figure out how the gruesome injuries occurred.

According to Dallas Animal Services, the owners found the dog, named Isabella, with between 60 and 70 per cent of her skin missing, last Friday. Her injuries run from the base of her neck down to her tail and stretch across most of her belly.

Though Isabella is making a surprising recovery and is now able to eat and drink on her own, veterinarians are still proceeding cautiously because the extent of her injuries are so severe and are at a high risk for infection.

So far, investigators are unsure what exactly caused the injuries, though preliminary examinations suggest that Isabella likely suffered at the hands of a non-human predator, possibly a coyote.

Earlier in the investigation, authorities considered whether the skinning was the result of a human, though they say her injuries do not appear to be consistent with that conclusion.

Just last month, 11 puppies were found skinned and killed near a park in eastern Pennsylvania.

Dallas Animal Services are continuing their investigation and have sent off forensic evidence to federal agencies for further testing and analysis.

Isabella is currently in the care of the animal care center DFW Rescue Me, which also took care of Justice, a puppy who was doused with lighter fluid and set on fire in a horrifying act of violence that also took place in Texas earlier this year.

Her owners were unable to afford the costly operations needed to help Isabella and so donated her to the group.

While she received initial treatment here, she will be sent to Texas A&M University on Monday for the first of many skin graft surgeries. Already, Isabelle has undergone the painful procedure of removing the dead tissue from her body.

Her doctors remain optimistic but her prognosis is guarded due to the amount of skin lost.’

http://worldduh.com/2012/12/09/puppy-fou...-backyard/

[Image: index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1368.0;a...4700;image]
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

This goes right thru my heart. I love dogs and my daughter's name is Isabella. I would love it if when these people were caught, they could be skinned in the same way. I would volunteer to do it.
"My thing is this; if I'm sick enough to think it, then I'm sick enough to say it."

"The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed."

Eminem
(12-11-2012, 11:49 AM)DMP Wrote: This goes right thru my heart. I love dogs and my daughter's name is Isabella. I would love it if when these people were caught, they could be skinned in the same way. I would volunteer to do it.

They don't think it was humans, they think it was coyotes or another predator.

"So far, investigators are unsure what exactly caused the injuries, though preliminary examinations suggest that Isabella likely suffered at the hands of a non-human predator, possibly a coyote."
(12-11-2012, 12:11 PM)RaisingAPrince Wrote:
(12-11-2012, 11:49 AM)DMP Wrote: This goes right thru my heart. I love dogs and my daughter's name is Isabella. I would love it if when these people were caught, they could be skinned in the same way. I would volunteer to do it.

They don't think it was humans, they think it was coyotes or another predator.

"So far, investigators are unsure what exactly caused the injuries, though preliminary examinations suggest that Isabella likely suffered at the hands of a non-human predator, possibly a coyote."

Thanks RAP, I did not read fully. Meh, having an off day. Disregard previous post.
"My thing is this; if I'm sick enough to think it, then I'm sick enough to say it."

"The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed."

Eminem
(12-11-2012, 12:13 PM)DMP Wrote: Thanks RAP, I did not read fully. Meh, having an off day. Disregard previous post.

All good. I was having the same thoughts as you until I reread the post. It is almost worse if it was coyotes though. We have had issues around here with coyotes. They tear dogs up. Poor things.
(12-11-2012, 12:19 PM)RaisingAPrince Wrote:
(12-11-2012, 12:13 PM)DMP Wrote: Thanks RAP, I did not read fully. Meh, having an off day. Disregard previous post.

All good. I was having the same thoughts as you until I reread the post. It is almost worse if it was coyotes though. We have had issues around here with coyotes. They tear dogs up. Poor things.

It still bothers me but, not as much as if it was humans. I guess the whole circle of life thing/instinct as opposed to cruelty by humans. Had a rabid coyote in field near my house just recently.

Eminem
(12-11-2012, 12:21 PM)DMP Wrote: It still bothers me but, not as much as if it was humans. I guess the whole circle of life thing/instinct as opposed to cruelty by humans. Had a rabid coyote in field near my house just recently.

I guess my thought was owner's can protect their pets from other humans but coyotes are sneaky and dogs have to go outside.....hard to protect them from a coyote Smiley_emoticons_slash

ETA: Unless you have a gun and a good shot.
Poor baby. I think they should put the dog down. Why make it go through all of this? The owners gave it up because they coudn't afford the medical care. I think it would be more humane to put her down and out of her misery.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(12-11-2012, 01:03 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Poor baby. I think they should put the dog down. Why make it go through all of this? The owners gave it up because they coudn't afford the medical care. I think it would be more humane to put her down and out of her misery.

Dumb. You wouldn't put a human "down" under similar circumstances. It's just a puppy. It has a long life (hopefully) in front of it.
While I do consider my dogs part of the family, it's not a human.
I would be devastated if anything like that ever happened to one of them. But I don't think I would put them through a ton of surgeries either.
Look at this cutie... He deserves to live! I hope he makes it. 21

[Image: skinned-puppy-elite-daily.jpg]
(12-11-2012, 02:37 PM)username Wrote: Look at this cutie... He deserves to live! I hope he makes it. 21

[Image: skinned-puppy-elite-daily.jpg]

Is this one of the dogs from the story?

Eminem
That's the dog. Isabella.

ETA: Oops I gender fucked up.
You can't show me a picture like that User. Dammit. Now of course I can't say put her down.
Its in my first post that picture, obviously a hotlink fail.
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

(12-11-2012, 04:06 PM)ramseycat Wrote: You can't show me a picture like that User. Dammit. Now of course I can't say put her down.

I know - now I want her.

Eminem