Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, OR DO THEY?
SIXFOOTERsez Offline
Mocker

RE: GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, OR DO THEY?

Oh, there are a lot of Semiauto rifles out there, other than what is generally concidered to be an ashault rifle. There is no functional difference other than the military style guns have fittings for multiple optics and synthetic stocks, no reasom to trash a prefectly good pretty walnut stock.
See this scary looking thing?
[Image: DSCN3507.jpg]
Quick change mounts, night time optics, laser sighting, tactical light, red dot scope, point and shoot technology, folding stock
Full On Ashault rifle right? All scary and shit?
Thats a 22 caliber rifle I built to sit and punch holes in paper targets.
Nothing illegal about it, never was, hopefully there never will be.
Great gun to teach kids how to shoot with, I'll be teaching my grandkids with it.

12-16-2012 08:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Maggot Offline
Supermod

Mexico has a gun ban, you can see how well thats going. The insane ones are the excecutioners. Providing service with a smile. Now only the cartels have guns.

12-16-2012 09:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Jimbone Offline
Now with more intolerance!

(12-16-2012 04:22 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:  Listen, I'm a reasonable person.

I get just as disgusted with gun supporters who try and pretend that guns don't do the killing.

'Oh well, if he didn't have guns he would've driven a car bomb into the school, or run in there with a machete, blah, blah, blah.

You people are equally offensive to me.

Then some bring up DUI's and want to draw a parallel.

Wrong.

I'm not supporting banning guns. That'll never happen.

But please gun owners, stop with your FAUX outrage over the governor trying to make some sort of statement about guns, and.... Ready for this??

HOW THEY ARE THE MOST CONVENIENT, EASIEST WEAPON TO USE TO SLAUGHTER PEOPLE!

You're something else. First you say you're a reasonable person who wants to have a meaningful dialogue, but then you go and dismiss anything else that could be brought to the conversation.

DUI is a great parallel whether you like it or not. The numbers of people killed by DUI drivers and the number of people killed by guns is just about equal. They are both REAL and DESTRUCTIVE problems that take thousands of lives annually. There is causation and effect in both deadly transactions, one is done by vehicle and alcohol and one is done by firearm. You can't just dismiss it because it doesn't fit into your narrative.

And it's funny you mention bombs, because I am sure you know that is how the worst school killing in US history went down. No gun used at all. Dynamite and fertilizer.

I'm all for making it harder for crazy people to get firearms. When serious people want to have that discussion, I am ready. But talking about banning guns doesn't even come close to solving the problem. Not by a long shot and you know it.

The Brady Bill and so-called assault weapon ban did absolutely NOTHING to lower crime rates or gun violence in any real way. Where was the FAUX outrage about that?

But yes, by all means let's make ourselves feel better about our decaying society by passing a stricter law that will also do absolutely NOTHING. Fine, let's ban the Glock and Sig Sauer models this asshole used. Will that make everyone feel better? The Bushmaster in the car too, even though it wasn't used. Will everyone be happy then? What ever will we do when the next one comes along and they use a shotgun? Ban them as well of course!

Go ahead MS, keep beating up on gun rights advocates if it makes you feel better. The sad truth is that the real problem isn't the gun, it's the person using it. Just like the drunk getting into the car is the real problem, not the car or the alcohol independently. The person is the problem.

I know you reject that completely, but there is no other logical way around it.

12-16-2012 10:00 PM

username Offline
Mod Lite

(12-16-2012 08:20 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote:  A Bushmaster is concidered by some to be an asault weapon. Last I heard, the Bushmaster the guy had was still in the car and had not been used in the school attack. He used 2 semiauto handguns, even the pre-Ban clips for them would have been a total of 32 bullets, no idea at all what version he had. The Bushmaster and all of its ilk can be fed with whatever capacity magaxine you can get, I have seen them in 20, 30 and 50 round.
The Gun Show laws are regulated by each state, Here in Florida you have to pass the call in IF you already have a CCW permit. I do, so they call in and it may take 30 minutes on a busy day. They have a clearing house to call into and verify your CW is good, then you can take your purchase that day. If you do not have a CCW, we have a mandatory 3 day wait time for all gun purchases, this gives time for a more thurough background search, this is done by some govt agency or other, FDLE out here.
Do a little research, most of the killings are not done by legal licensed owners, they are career criminals or nuts. The Movie House guy was a fruitcake if anyone had bothered to look around. The guy that whacked Gabby Gifford was a certified whacko, still managed to buy a gun. The mohamed asshole in killeen texas was a known collaborator that the fucking FBI knew about and they did nothing. The 2 assholes in columbike, Kids, no legal right to a gun, one had the cutoff barrel from the shotgun on his dresser in plain sight in his room for some time, mom and dad never even looked around.
The laws are there and they work if anyone bothers..
One thing I can tell you, if I had been in the theater, or the school, the body count would have been a lot lower.

Nah. The shooter used the bushmaster to kill all those people. He only used a hand gun to kill himself.

12-16-2012 10:01 PM

Midwest Spy Away
The Discerning Boob Lover

Jim, please read through my posts and quote where I said that we should ban firearms.

Thanks though for continuing to post about DUI's and bombs.

Thanks for not acknowledging, even once, that yes, guns make the killing oh so easy. In fact much easier than bombs, or knives, or even harsh language.

I'm not okay living in a society where this happens and we have to shrug our shoulders and say, 'well, that's a tough break.'

What do we do Jim?

12-16-2012 10:19 PM

Jimbone Offline
Now with more intolerance!

(12-16-2012 10:19 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:  Jim, please read through my posts and quote where I said that we should ban firearms.

Thanks though for continuing to post about DUI's and bombs.

Thanks for not acknowledging, even once, that yes, guns make the killing oh so easy. In fact much easier than bombs, or knives, or even harsh language.

I'm not okay living in a society where this happens and we have to shrug our shoulders and say, 'well, that's a tough break.'

What do we do Jim?

I have no simple answer MS. But I know that what is going to be proposed in legislation, probably passed, and then made law will do nothing to address the real problem.

Guns make it easier until we have plasma rays. Plasma rays will make it easier until we have quantum disruptor beams. It is what it is... I'm not shrugging my shoulders at it, I simply want the focus to be on people who kill and not the objects they select to do the killing. I'm not attempting to run from the gun argument, I'm just attempting to get to the root cause.

For example, if this kid had Asperger's and someone suggested we need to round up and institutionalize all Asperger's sufferers we would reject that as ridiculous wouldn't we?

I recognize that you personally don't want to ban guns. But there are people that do, and they will use every opportunity to try and do it. This is heartbreaking and emotionally very difficult - but when it comes to our liberties emotion must be quelled and reason has to prevail.

Like you, I've wept at this tragedy... seeing in the innocents the faces of my own similar aged children. It's truly unspeakable what this subhuman did. But I see the attempt to exploit the tragedy as an opportunity to restrict our rights as something I should be equally concerned about.

Truthfully, it fucking blows no matter how you look at it.

12-16-2012 11:05 PM

Midwest Spy Away

Jim, thanks for posting ^^^.

There aren't going to be any magic solutions. I think most people realize that. Responsible gun owners are awesome. My dad, step-dad and grandfathers all fit that category.

People (like me and others) want to blame somebody/something. I really look at the possible solutions to this and realize there are none.

I just hate the idea that these 26 people died at the hands of a monster and there's really nothing that anyone can do to prevent something similar in the future.

12-16-2012 11:21 PM

Adub Offline
Mocker

(12-16-2012 10:19 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:  We should ban firearms

There you go Jimbo.

12-16-2012 11:37 PM

Midwest Spy Away

Hey Six, User is right. Everyone at the school was murdered with the Bushmaster .223 (or AR-15).

It's a semi-automatic weapon with a pistol-grip to improve its lethality (a nice feature).

It was used in the DC Beltway murders, the spree-killing in Virginia in Jan of 2010 and in Alabama when a psycho went on a rampage and killed another 10 or so a couple of years back.

These types of weapons honestly have no place in our society. I mean, do you truly need a semi-automatic weapon to hunt?

That was not directed at you personally Six.

I'd be okay if these weapons wee banned.

12-17-2012 01:41 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

I'm not saying I want to own one of those guns but I sure as hell want to retain my right to own one. Don't take my rights away because others don't know how to act.

Some of you are making this about the guns available, it's not about guns, it's about messed up people not getting the help they need. Work on a law in regards to that. We don't need more laws in regards to guns.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
12-17-2012 06:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

SIXFOOTERsez Offline
Mocker

I am a bit of two minds on this, on one hand, No, I don't think anyone NEEDS an "Ashault Type" rifle and would be ok if they were banned
On the other hand, how do you put the genie back in the bottle? Hundreds of thousands of them out there, many in the hands of criminals already, I am not giving up mine.
How do you write a fair law to deal with this? They didn't do so well last time.
Duchess is right, this is not about guns, its fucked up people that get guns.

12-17-2012 09:35 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

THIS is the problem. Long but worth a read if one is truly interested.

While every family's story of mental illness is different, and we may never know the whole of the Lanza's story, tales like this one need to be heard -- and families who live them deserve our help.

Three days before 20 year-old Adam Lanza killed his mother, then opened fire on a classroom full of Connecticut kindergartners, my 13-year old son Michael (name changed) missed his bus because he was wearing the wrong color pants.

“I can wear these pants,” he said, his tone increasingly belligerent, the black-hole pupils of his eyes swallowing the blue irises.

“They are navy blue,” I told him. “Your school’s dress code says black or khaki pants only.”

“They told me I could wear these,” he insisted. “You’re a stupid bitch. I can wear whatever pants I want to. This is America. I have rights!”

“You can’t wear whatever pants you want to,” I said, my tone affable, reasonable. “And you definitely cannot call me a stupid bitch. You’re grounded from electronics for the rest of the day. Now get in the car, and I will take you to school.”

I live with a son who is mentally ill. I love my son. But he terrifies me.

Story

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
12-17-2012 09:45 AM

ramseycat Offline
Mocker

That is so sad Duchess. I feel for that lady.

Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
12-17-2012 11:09 AM

DMP Offline
Whiny Bitch

(12-17-2012 06:44 AM)Duchess Wrote:  

I'm not saying I want to own one of those guns but I sure as hell want to retain my right to own one. Don't take my rights away because others don't know how to act.

Some of you are making this about the guns available, it's not about guns, it's about messed up people not getting the help they need. Work on a law in regards to that. We don't need more laws in regards to guns.

Agree, completely.

"My thing is this; if I'm sick enough to think it, then I'm sick enough to say it."

"The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed."

Eminem
12-17-2012 11:23 AM