Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, OR DO THEY?
Duchess Away
Administrator

RE: GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, OR DO THEY?

If I ever find myself in the company of a bunch of people I don't know openly carrying, I am out of there. I'm not going to feel comfortable at all and I'm sure as shit not going to feel any safer.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
11-28-2017 01:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

(11-28-2017 01:15 PM)Duchess Wrote:  If I ever find myself in the company of a bunch of people I don't know openly carrying, I am out of there. I'm not going to feel comfortable at all and I'm sure as shit not going to feel any safer.

How about if they're conceal-carrying?

Currently, gun owners are legally required to be authorized/permitted by each state in which they want to conceal-carry.

That might change soon. Amid all the current political flurry, House Republicans quietly rammed through a bill that would allow conceal-carry permits issued in one state to be valid across all other states that allow conceal carry. The NRA has been pushing hard for the change, of course. The bill has now moved to the Senate.

So, despite the recent mass shootings with hundreds of victims in Vegas, Texas, and Northern California, bump stocks are still legal, we still don't have universal background checks, there are no controls whatsoever on the sell and purchase of ghost gun kits, etc........BUT this legislation to loosen gun control is moving along.

Story: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/natio...story.html

12-07-2017 06:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Duchess Away
Administrator

(12-07-2017 06:53 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  How about if they're conceal-carrying?

Shiiiit. No.

This kinda thing does not make me feel safer. Just the opposite. It's unnerving. I'm not the most trusting person.

12-07-2017 07:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

(12-07-2017 09:15 PM)liberty Wrote:  Court: No right to carry concealed weapons in public

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/201.../85656768/

12-07-2017 09:46 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

Welcome liberty.

Yes, that's for California state only.

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — In a victory for gun control advocates, a federal appeals court said Thursday people do not have a right to carry concealed weapons in public under the 2nd Amendment.

An 11-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said law enforcement officials can require applicants for a concealed weapons permit to show they are in immediate danger or have another good reason for a permit beyond self-defense.

12-07-2017 09:47 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

Texas father kills robber that pulled a gun on him and his family inside a Popeye's

link

12-08-2017 12:25 PM

F.U. Offline
Mock Elder

(12-07-2017 09:47 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  Welcome liberty.

Yes, that's for California state only.

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — In a victory for gun control advocates, a federal appeals court said Thursday people do not have a right to carry concealed weapons in public under the 2nd Amendment.

An 11-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said law enforcement officials can require applicants for a concealed weapons permit to show they are in immediate danger or have another good reason for a permit beyond self-defense.

And it will all be for not if the current reciprocity bill makes it to law. Well actually states like Cal, NY, NJ, Ill, etc, will only be able to restrict their own subjects.

That being said I hope it does not make it through in current form. The addition to the bill of the nics fix worries me.

Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
12-09-2017 12:19 AM

Ski at 1SKY6 Offline
nOOb

HairOfTheDog, Why was liberty Banned?

Why when are there more than 700 members in Mock who don't post and I am some one who does post; why have I not been made a member?

[Image: giphy.gif]
_______#MeToo________
12-09-2017 01:05 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(12-09-2017 01:05 AM)Ski at 1SKY6 Wrote:  

HairOfTheDog, Why was liberty Banned?

Why when are there more than 700 members in Mock who don't post and I am some one who does post; why have I not been made a member?

liberty was banned because it was a sonofabitch spammer from China, that's why.

You have all the access to Mock you're ever going to get. I'm not risking my Members photographs nor their thoughts they put in the private forums in order to give you more access.

12-09-2017 05:55 AM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(12-09-2017 12:19 AM)F.U. Wrote:  And it will all be for not if the current reciprocity bill makes it to law. Well actually states like Cal, NY, NJ, Ill, etc, will only be able to restrict their own subjects.

That being said I hope it does not make it through in current form. The addition to the bill of the nics fix worries me.

hah 'Subjects' made me laugh in this context.

All the 9th U.S. District Circuit Court of Appeals did this week is uphold the existing conceal carry laws for residents of California, which most Californians support.

As for the House's Conceal-Carry Reciprocity Bill............taking power and responsibility away from the states is something that I expect extreme gun enthusiasts to hypocritically celebrate; those very same extreme gun enthusiasts who scream their lungs out about states' rights and states' sovereignty when the fed proposes something they don't like. Nothing new.

But, I'm more concerned about national gun safety and control measures aimed at keeping and taking guns out of the wrong hands.

Tying the national Reciprocity proposal to the NICS Fix Bill is a transparent dick move. Finally, after yet another terrible mass shooting in a church, there's bi-partisan agreement on passing legislation to at least improve the enforcement of existing national gun controls. BUT then............ the NRA-owned GOP politicians just have to try to tie it to a measure that will loosen other gun controls and restrict states' ability to determine their own regulations, thereby making the NICS Fix Bill partisan rather than bi-partisan. Nothing new there either.

Congresspersons who strongly support the NICS Fix Bill on its own will push back on that bullshit strategy. And, of course, Republican politicians will publicly and dishonestly accuse them of objecting to legislation that would improve the enforcement of existing laws and keep society safe! Same old shit there too.

Anyway, conceal-carry Reciprocity legislation doesn't belong in the NICS Fix Bill. I hope there's enough pressure to have it removed and the two legislative proposals are submitted separately, as they should be. If the Reciprocity Bill gets enough votes to pass on its own, so be it.

12-09-2017 09:31 AM

F.U. Offline
Mock Elder

I thought you would get a giggle out of the subjects bit, HotD.

I also agree, these two things should have ben run separately.

Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
12-09-2017 09:54 AM

Ski at 1SKY6 Offline
nOOb

(12-09-2017 05:55 AM)Duchess Wrote:  
(12-09-2017 01:05 AM)Ski at 1SKY6 Wrote:  Why when are there more than 700 members in Mock who don't post and I am some one who does post; why have I not been made a member?

You have all the access to Mock you're ever going to get. I'm not risking my Members photographs nor their thoughts they put in the private forums in order to give you more access.

I have done nothing to warrant this treatment. Please tell me what I have done.

[Image: giphy.gif]
_______#MeToo________
12-09-2017 04:13 PM