Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, OR DO THEY?
Jimbone Offline
Now with more intolerance!

RE: GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, OR DO THEY?

(03-30-2018 06:12 PM)Duchess Wrote:  

I view FOX as propaganda, right wing propaganda. There are hosts of many of their segments who outright lie and because I know there are a great deal of people who believe them without question I am forced to think their viewership has shit for brains. I tried to find a nice way to say that. Their ratings, in my opinion, only attest to the intellect of much of America.

Would you say the same thing about MSNBC?

03-30-2018 10:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

sally Away
sally

I don't watch the news. Only old fucks watch the news.

03-30-2018 10:19 PM

Donovan Offline
Clarified idiot

"They all do it" is inaccurate and lazy and indicative of someone who has drunk the conspiracy theory koolaid. News has always served some sort of agenda since the dawn of time, that doesn't make fact less factual or truth less truthful. It means that you have to examine more sources and discern the most likely trustworthy sources. Lumping them all in as equals is not critical thinking, it's throwing in the towel and admitting you can't tell right from wrong.

Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
03-30-2018 11:19 PM

Jimbone Offline
Now with more intolerance!

Read what I said dono. I examine the sources, come to my own conclusions.

And my conclusions show me that they all spin to their own agenda. THAT is what makes them equal, and what I mean when I say they all do it.

They are equal in their spin on the same set of facts. To deny that is intellectually dishonest.

03-30-2018 11:34 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(03-30-2018 10:01 PM)Jimbone Wrote:  Would you say the same thing about MSNBC?

hah Fuck no. They aren't even in the same category. Those employed by MSNBC have reputations to protect, the integrity of their work matters and under no circumstance could I ever say the same about FOX. Ahahahaha. You funny.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
03-31-2018 05:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

sally Away
sally

I saw this on FB. It's so stupid it made me laugh hah.

03-31-2018 02:08 PM

Donovan Offline
Clarified idiot

(03-31-2018 02:08 PM)sally Wrote:  I saw this on FB. It's so stupid it made me laugh hah.

Kinda hard not to laugh at those no matter what side you come out on. I thought it might be a training video for those new special forces teachers the president wants.

Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
03-31-2018 03:24 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

The Democratic underground is alive and well I see. hah

03-31-2018 05:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

Very good to see that Parkland mass shooting survivor Anthony Borges has been released from the hospital.

Borges, 15, is the student who was shot 5 times while shielding fellow students.

[Image: 700x394]

Borges (pictured with his father) still has a long road ahead of him in terms of full recovery and is very weak. Yesterday, his attorney read a statement from Borges during a news conference.

The Borges family plans to file a lawsuit soon against the shooter Nikolas Cruz, the estate of his late mother, and the family that housed Cruz and allowed him to keep guns despite his long history of threatening behavioral problems.

The statement noted that the Borges family supports the efforts by Stoneman Douglas students David Hogg, Emma Gonzalez and others to end gun violence but may not always agree with their methods.

(continued)

04-07-2018 10:09 AM

HairOfTheDog Offline

Borges, a U.S. citizen born to Venezuelan immigrants, does not want to be hailed a 'hero'; he says he's just a teen who was shot five times at school.

He primarily blames Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel and Superintendent Robert Runcie for the Feb. 14 mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. Deputies received at least a dozen calls about over the years and he spent two years in a school for children with emotional problems.

Runcie and Israel 'failed us students, teachers and parents alike on so many levels,' said Borges' statement. 'I want all of us to move forward to end the environment that allowed people like Nikolas Cruz to fall through the cracks. You knew he was a problem years ago and you did nothing. He should have never been in school with us.'

More than $830,000 has been raised for him in online donations, but Attorney Arreaza said his medical bills will likely exceed $1.5 million.

The family can't sue the school district and sheriff's office until a six-month waiting period expires in August. The school district and the sheriff's department did not respond to press requests for comment.

I really hope Borges recovers fully and understand the family's points and actions.

Refs:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/browar...story.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...mes-blames-

04-07-2018 10:09 AM

HairOfTheDog Offline

This is a good move, in my opinion.

And, I'm glad that authorities are applying probable cause and due process to the new law. I support the law, but not President Trump's proposal that it be applied in violation of the Constitution.

A Florida judge granted a police request on Friday to seize firearms from Tallahassee's Christopher Mark Newhouse Jr, 21.

[Image: 4AE76EC700000578-5588363-image-a-100_1523077866312.jpg]

Judge J Lee Marsh of Leon County Circuit Court said he 'poses a significant danger of causing personal injury to himself or others in the near future'.

The order compels Newhouse to appear in court on Wednesday to show that he has surrendered all of his weapons and ammunition to authorities (I hope they're keeping an eye on him until then and that they also get him long-term mental health treatment).

Newhouse, who has a history of mental illness, owns an AR-15 and two other semi-automatic rifles. He has a record of making threats to kill himself, others, and police officers beginning in April 2017, the police petition stated.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z5C0FDMWmL

04-07-2018 12:02 PM