Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, OR DO THEY?
Well they are, but I wouldn't take away their right to own a gun just because they overdrawn their bank account.

Same way I wouldn't take away your gun (if you had one) because you were surprised to find out that HotD knows who SpongeBob is.
(02-08-2017, 11:54 AM)sally Wrote: Well they are, but I wouldn't take away their right to own a gun just because they overdrawn their bank account.

Same way I wouldn't take away your gun (if you had one) because you were surprised to find out that HotD knows who SpongeBob is.

I can't picture HotD sitting around @ 7:00 am watching SpongeBob on Nickelodeon.

Are you the Patrick of your household or more of a Mr Crabs?
(02-08-2017, 12:40 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(02-07-2017, 07:01 PM)Duchess Wrote: [quote='SIXFOOTERsez' pid='447778' dateline='1486430421']

Yea, the problem with that barry rule was it was Way to fucking broad as to who decides who is crazy and how exactly how they are to come to that decision. It was a way for barry and co to enact Some kind of gun control even though there are virtually no crimes that could have been prevented by this measure. I don't think it was a Bad law, just a very poorly written one that would be prone to misuse and abuse.
It also was unfairly discriminatory in that it Only affected people on SS and no one else.
I am all about getting guns away from the crazies, but it has to be fair
[size=medium][i]

The problem, to me, isn't that SS recipients with mental disabilities are being prohibited from gun ownership. That's as it should be. I don't want another gramps or grams to shoot/kill themselves or others due to confusion/dementia, etc..

The problem is that so few states and courts actually report non-SS recipients deemed incompetent to NICS, as required under the law. If the SS Administration fully complies with the law and few other agencies do, the rule becomes sorta discriminatory in execution.
I agree. Its just a badly written rule that needs to be replaced with a properly written law.
Its got all kinds of strange supporters and objectors, some for honest good reason but mostly I suspect are for political bullshit on both sides of the fence
(02-08-2017, 10:19 AM)F.U. Wrote: no, don't delete shit.

I don't normally but early this morning I was trying to find a balance between being a Member like the rest of you and being an Admin. who wants people to post and not alienate anyone. I don't always walk that line successfully.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Gun rights advocates object to almost every existing or proposed piece of control legislation and say the government should focus on keeping guns away from the "crazies" and enforcing existing laws.

Then, the Social Security Administration agrees to inform the NICS of those who were legally declared "mentally-incompetent" (which includes old and young SS recipients) to reduce the risk of them passing a background check and buying/owning new guns......and the same gun rights advocates object to it straight up. Same old circular logic.

The law/rule made sense to me and I don't agree that it was poorly written. But, in the grander scheme, I don't care much that it was repealed by Trump because it didn't take away their existing guns and only affected about 1 million people anyway.

If all courts, doctors, agencies, etc........followed the federal law and reported the legally-declared mentally-incompetent to NICS, it could make a difference in gun control and improving public safety. But, since providers and agencies in so few states do, some viewed it as mentally-incompetent Social Security recipients being unfairly targeted. That's not true. Instead, the law was simply being enforced in one case where it's not in so many others.
(02-08-2017, 12:19 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-08-2017, 10:19 AM)F.U. Wrote: no, don't delete shit.

I don't normally but early this morning I was trying to find a balance between being a Member like the rest of you and being an Admin. who wants people to post and not alienate anyone. I don't always walk that line successfully.

I think you walk that line successfully. I only see you as an Admin when you're doing something administrative (which you're good at typically keeping behind the scenes).

When you (and Mods) are posting, we're just posters like anyone else in my view, and we're fair game like everyone else.

So, if you were gonna verbally punch me with that deleted post, sock it to me. I won't feel alienated; I'll feel right at home, Rocky. Smiley_emoticons_smile
(02-08-2017, 01:17 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: So, if you were gonna verbally punch me with that deleted post, sock it to me. I won't feel alienated; I'll feel right at home, Rocky. Smiley_emoticons_smile

hah The post I ended up backspacing through wasn't directed at you. I had quoted another person and then had second thoughts, I usually bark rather than bite but that wasn't the case this morning. I did the right thing.

You often post exactly what I'm thinking only you present it way better than I do. I'm a blurter, a barking blurter :(
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
My dad was shot in the head while he slept. The gun was found but not the person who did it and cas he was poor the police aren't looking for anyone either so the only conclusion is that the gun killed him.
THANK YOU FOR POT SMOKING
Was he known to sleepfire?
He didn't sleep with the gun in question or any other gun. We after years of extensive research also concluded that he didn't go outside, climb in his own window carrying some sort of device that enables him to extend his arms, fire a rifle into his head, plant a massive amount of drugs in another part of the house then climb back out his window again and run away. We could be wrong.
(02-08-2017, 01:25 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-08-2017, 01:17 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: So, if you were gonna verbally punch me with that deleted post, sock it to me. I won't feel alienated; I'll feel right at home, Rocky. Smiley_emoticons_smile

You often post exactly what I'm thinking only you present it way better than I do.(

It's like Duchess and Hair think with one mind.

Who is using it today?
You're shooting more blanks, Zero.
(02-09-2017, 04:51 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: You're shooting more blanks, Zero.

That's what HE said.
HOMO!
I'm not playing this game again.

Go away.
You win some, you lose some...

Earlier this week, Congress voted to toss the regulation requiring the Social Security Administration to report those SS recipients who'd been deemed mentally incompetent to NICS. So, now, such recipients won't be flagged as mentally unfit to purchase firearms in the national background checking system. + 1 for the NRA.
Story: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017...-gun-rule/

Today, a federal appeals court overturned the ruling by a Florida court which forbade doctors from asking their patients about gun ownership under the Firearm Owners' Privacy Act. The Atlanta-based appeals court, which includes a judge who was on Trump's short list for Supreme Court Justice, ruled that the NRA-driven prohibition is unconstitutional in that it violated the freedom of speech of physicians and was unwarranted. The ruling, however, stipulated that doctors are still prohibited from discriminating or withholding treatment from patients based on firearm-related issues. -1 for the NRA.
Story: https://www.wsj.com/articles/doctors-hav...1487285509
This one didn't get much media attention.

Considering it is about a black youth, shot and killed by police.

And a Black Baltimore judge.

STORY

This is what happens when existing gun laws aren't strictly enforced.

And the shameful silence by those wanting stricter gun laws and penalties.
That story link is broken, Tiki.
Let's try again.

STORY
I saw that story, and have seen too many others like it.

I agree that Officer Kincaid was undoubtedly justified in shooting and killing Deal. Deal pointed a gun at the officer in the course of a pursuit -- dumb and fatal mistake.

Like always, I wish plea deals and bond weren't handed out so easily for armed repeat offenders, even in cases like this where the previous offenses were non-violent in nature.