Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, OR DO THEY?
On January 4, Deal was charged on four handgun counts, after allegedly throwing down his gun in an alley while being chased by police.

This was the first arrest as an adult for Deal, who had turned 18 in November, and he was forbidden from owning a firearm after a juvenile gun charge.

He posted $100,000 bail and was released, but on January 30 he was arrested again after allegedly being seen dealing drugs, and throwing a bag of heroin under a car.

Last week he was arrested on nine gun and drug charges after being caught running from a location in which drugs were being sold.

And in the wake of the teen's death, questions were raised about why Deal - who had been arrested three times on gun or drug charges in the previous month - was out on the street.

'It shows dysfunction, I believe, in our criminal justice system,' said Mayor Catherine Pugh. 'People who have those many gun charges probably should not be on our streets.'

A senseless death easily prevented by the bench.

My favorite: ". . . probably should not be on our streets."

Mayor of the Year material.
Texas Dipshits

Liars, scammers, and extremely irresponsible gun owners.

[Image: image.png]

A grand jury has indicted ^ Michael Bryant (middle) and Walker Daugherty (right) on charges of using deadly conduct by discharging firearms in the direction of others. (I think they should also be charged with lying to authorities.)

The charges stem from a Jan. 6 incident where police responding to call about a shooting on a ranch near the Texas/Mexico border in Candelaria found Daugherty and another man in the hunting party, Edwin Roberts, with non-fatal gunshot wounds.

The men were part of a group of hunters and told authorities they were attacked by people who had illegally crossed the nearby border and tried to steal an RV some of the hunters were using.

That was pure bullshit, but the hunters' false story was shared tens of the thousands of times as an example of why a border wall is needed.

Worse, in the course of floating his false narrative, Daughtery actually set up a GoFundMe account to cover his medical expenses and collected over $20k.

The Sheriff told the media that LE investigation showed there were no illegal immigrants in the area and that the incident was nothing but a friendly fire.

Refs:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/19/hun...rants.html
http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Presidi...75185.html
+1 For Gun Control Activists

While the Second Amendment guarantees Americans the right to bear arms, legal battles have raged for years over what the guarantee includes.

Today, A US appeals court dealt a blow to the NRA's and gun advocates' contention about what the Second Amendment guarantees by ruling that military-style assault weapons are not protected under the US Constitution.

[Image: 3D8DEA0800000578-4251126-image-a-76_1487824628082.jpg]

In a 10-4 ruling, the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond, Virginia, said the 45 assault weapons banned under Maryland's law are not protected by the Second Amendment.

'Put simply, we have no power to extend Second Amendment protection to the weapons of war,' wrote Judge Robert King, adding that the Supreme Court's decision in District of Columbia v. Heller explicitly excluded such coverage.

The ruling upheld a law from Maryland, which bans 45 different kinds of assault weapons and sets the limit on gun magazines to 10 rounds.

(continued)
Maryland Attorney General Brian Frosh, who led the push for the law in 2013 as a state senator, said it's 'unthinkable that these weapons of war, weapons that caused the carnage in Newtown and in other communities across the country, would be protected by the Second Amendment.'

'It's a very strong opinion, and it has national significance, both because it's en-banc and for the strength of its decision,' Frosh said, noting that all of the court's judges participated.

'Put simply, we have no power to extend Second Amendment protection to the weapons of war,' wrote Judge Robert King.

Judge William Traxler issued a dissent, writing the decision 'has gone to greater lengths than any other court to eviscerate the constitutionally guaranteed right to keep and bear arms.'

National Rifle Association spokeswoman Jennifer Baker said, 'It is absurd to hold that the most popular rifle in America is not a protected 'arm' under the Second Amendment.'

She added that the majority opinion 'clearly ignores the Supreme Court's guidance from District of Columbia v. Heller that the Second Amendment protects arms that are 'in common use at the time for lawful purposes like self-defense.'

The NRA estimates there are 5 million to 10 million AR-15s - one of the weapons banned under Maryland's law - in circulation in the United States for lawful purposes. When asked about an appeal, Baker said the NRA is exploring all options.

But Elizabeth Banach, executive director of Marylanders to Prevent Gun Violence, said the decision is 'overwhelming proof that reasonable measures to prevent gun violence are constitutional.'

'Maryland's law needs to become a national model of evidence-based policies that will reduce gun violence,' Banach wrote in a statement.

Full Story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...tback.html
(01-21-2017, 07:08 PM)Maggot Wrote: Ammunition permits? hah ...........on a good note, no need to get a permit for concealed in N.H. anymore. I've got mine already but it was a useless law to begin with.

Now you don't need a license to conceal carry in NH. +1 for the gun advocates.

New Hampshire residents no longer need any kind of license to carry a concealed handgun after the state repealed a nearly century-old law that allowed police to deny concealed carry licenses to people they believed could pose a risk to others.

New Hampshire already permitted open carry, but local law enforcement long had discretion to deny individuals a license to carry a concealed weapon. The system, in place for 94 years, let police prevent people who they knew had a violent history from getting license.

On Wednesday, Gov. Chris Sununu ® signed a law that simply allows residents to carry a concealed weapon without a license. Similar legislation had been twice vetoed by former Gov. Maggie Hassan (D).

“SB12 ensures New Hampshire citizens are guaranteed the fundamental right to carry a firearm in defense of themselves and their families, as prescribed by Article 2a of our state constitution,” Sununu said in a statement. “This common sense legislation aligns our concealed carry laws with that of our neighboring states of Vermont and Maine and states across the country. This is about safety. This is about making sure that the laws on our books are keeping people safe while remaining true to the Live Free or Die spirit that makes New Hampshire the great state that it is. This is a commitment I made to the people of New Hampshire and I am proud today to fulfill that commitment, signing SB12 into law.”

Law enforcement groups across the Granite State had spoken out against the measure. Pat Sullivan, executive director of the New Hampshire Association of Chiefs of Police, told The Huffington Post last month that the law already in place once allowed him to deny a concealed carry license to a man who came to his station in a tinfoil hat. Under the new law, that man won’t need to get a license to carry a concealed weapon.

“There are many people that carry concealed weapons that are doing good, that aren’t doing bad things. However, there is an element that we deal with as law enforcement, in terms of a regular basis, that are no good,” Sullivan said. “They are committing crimes, violent crimes, and we don’t know whether or not they do or do not have a weapon on them. With the permits, you at least have an idea as to whether or not they have a legal weapon on them. You encounter someone roadside, you don’t know what you have. It kind of just gives that little bit of added security and safety.”

Full story: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/new-...80af7193e3?
Follow-up to posts 3376 - 3379

[Image: 3FAC6EEC00000578-4452944-image-a-114_1493325826782.jpg]

Tex McIver's story about 'accidentally' shooting his successful wife to the death in the car stank when he first told it and it stinks even more now.

Not only did the bullet trajectory not match McIver's apparently changing story, LE has evidence indicating that he asked the female driver of the car to change her story and to stop cooperating, lest he end up incarcerated. And McIver is actually a high profile attorney (in addition to being a first class dipshit).

McIver was first charged with reckless conduct and involuntary manslaughter last year, suggesting investigators thought it was an accident. But the results of the ongoing investigation have led to increased charges.

Today, a grand jury returned an indictment for new charges including malice murder, felony murder and intimidating witnesses.

He is being held in jail after a gun was found in his home, which violated the conditions of his bond.

Story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...death.html
Iowa pro gunners have had a pretty good year so far . We gained Stand Your Ground and immunity from prosecution if you have to use your weapon in a SYG situation. Capitol Carry [ yes licensed people can now carry a loaded firearm into the state capitol building]. Restricting State of Emergency Powers [ the powers that be cant take our right to own firearms during a state of emergency] . Youth Shooting and Parental Rights [Minors under 14 will be able to use handguns ] , Permit Privacy [ it is no longer public information who has a permit to carry dangerous weapons], and a few other little things.

Here is a link to HF517 for anyone that wants to read it in its entirety.

https://www.legis.iowa.gov/legislation/B...7&ba=HF517
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
It's not like the cops have a list of concealed carry in their cars or anything. Those that are illegal know who they are. At least a legal person will say they have a gun and wait with both hands on the wheel.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

The Pres spoke before the NRA. No guns allowed. hah
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Fucking cali nut job

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/%e2%...&ocid=iehp

‘A beer in one hand, a gun in the other’, man kills 1, injures 7 at San Diego apartment pool

A gunman opened fire at an apartment complex swimming pool in San Diego Sunday evening, killing one person and injuring seven others before being fatally shot by officers, police said.

The gunman, identified as Peter Selis, was pronounced dead on the scene. Police described him as a white male who may have lived in one of the buildings, and said all of the victims were African American or Hispanic. Police said they did not know if race was a factor in the attack.

Officers responded to reports of a shooting around 6 p.m. at the upscale La Jolla Crossroads apartments in San Diego’s University City neighborhood, where about 30 people had gathered for a birthday party at the pool.

A police helicopter arrived on the scene first and reported seeing a suspect armed with a handgun, surrounded by “numerous victims,” San Diego Police Chief Shelley Zimmerman said in a news conference. The pilot watched the suspect reload his weapon once and open fire again on the partygoers, she said.

A witness who saw the chaos from his apartment window said the shooter appeared calm as his victims struggled on the ground in front of him.

“We could see the shooter sitting there with a beer in one hand and a gun in the other,” the witness, who was not identified, told ABC 10.

Lauren Seed told NBC 7 she was inside her apartment when she heard six or seven shots ring out at the pool.

“We got down, we closed the windows and then about a minute later, six or seven more shots, lots of screaming, lots of people screaming,” she said. “From the screams, you could hear that somebody or multiple people were hit.”

A sergeant and two officers arrived and cornered the suspect in the pool area. The suspect pointed a large caliber handgun at them, and all three opened fire, killing him, Zimmerman said. She added that the suspect may have fired at police first.

Police said seven people were struck by gunfire: four African American women, two African American men and one Hispanic man. Another African American man broke his arm while running away from the shooting. All the victims were adults.

One of the women died at the hospital. Police did not give her name. Several of the others were listed in critical condition Sunday night, police said. It was unclear if the suspect knew any of the victims.

Zimmerman said it was too early in the investigation to pinpoint a motive. Police were still interviewing witnesses and had not yet spoken at length with the three officers who opened fire, she said.

“Our hearts go out to the victims,” she said. “There’s a lot of work to be done.”

The La Jolla Crossroads apartments are located near the northernmost edge of San Diego, near the University of California campus. Community pools and spas are located throughout the complex, according to the La Jolla Crossroads website.

Witnesses said most of the people at Sunday’s party were black.

Amberjot Riat, 22, and Kaela Wong, 20, told the Los Angeles Times they were sitting in a jacuzzi when the shooting began. As they took cover behind a wall, they told the Times, they could hear the gunman say to some of the partygoers, “You can either leave or you can stay here and die.”

A resident of the complex told ABC 10 that he was outside when the gunfire erupted.

“It was surreal, you know, because we live here,” he said. “We literally saw people jumping out from the fences and running away like crazy.”

A man who said he was a guest at the party told the station it took him a few seconds to realize what was happening. There were “more rounds and then more sounds,” he said. “And that’s when I realized, oh, someone is actually shooting a gun at people. So that’s when all the scrambling started.”

After jumping a fence, he told ABC 10, he came across a young man clutching an injury and yelling, “I’m hit, I’m hit.”

“I said, come here,” the witness recalled, “and I picked him up and I just carried him around the corner.”
^ Police seem to have eliminated race as a motive.

[Image: Peter+Selis+pic+0501.jpg]
The San Diego apartment complex where shooter Selis ^ lived and where he shot 7 people (killing 1) just happens to be racially diverse. He shot at people in the pool / jacuzzi -- sitting ducks.

In terms of motive, Selis had just broken up with his girlfriend and had recently filed for bankruptcy. He called the ex-girlfriend in the midst of his shooting spree.

Story and pics: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...eakup.html
False Alarm

It's better to be safe than sorry -- I agree with that concept much of the time when it comes to public safety.

And, I guess it applies to this story. Still, it's kind of surreal that a university was put on lockdown yesterday over what turned out to be a glue gun.

[Image: 3FDC664400000578-4465768-image-a-6_1493734990269.jpg]

Colgate is a liberal arts university in New York. After the gun was reported, students on campus were told to find a safe place and hide and a message was sent out telling off-campus students to stay away.

Police swarmed the campus and searched all the rooms, only to find a male student in the art department armed with a glue gun which he was using for his project.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...e-gun.html

Dear God
(05-02-2017, 12:07 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: False Alarm

It's better to be safe than sorry -- I agree with that concept much of the time when it comes to public safety.

And, I guess it applies to this story. Still, it's kind of surreal that a university was put on lockdown yesterday over what turned out to be a glue gun.

[Image: 3FDC664400000578-4465768-image-a-6_1493734990269.jpg]

Colgate is a liberal arts university in New York. After the gun was reported, students on campus were told to find a safe place and hide and a message was sent out telling off-campus students to stay away.

Police swarmed the campus and searched all the rooms, only to find a male student in the art department armed with a glue gun which he was using for his project.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...e-gun.html

Practice,practice,practice.
There is no defending from Stupid
Just throwing this link out here for discussion.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-01...2-counties

If these stats are true I wonder if location also effects the populations thoughts on firearm ownership.
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
I can believe that. I also believe that the counties with the most stringent gun laws have the most murders. I can see that these hotbeds of murders would want to blame the places that have the least invasive gun laws also. The underground selling of guns without the protections of the law is the place that they get the guns from too. It's not like these criminals are buying guns from the law abiding places and walking them across state lines as the gun shy people would like the majority to believe. The criminal element will always find a way to get them.
(05-03-2017, 09:17 AM)Maggot Wrote: The criminal element will always find a way to get them.

True. Even if they decided today to confiscate every gun they can trace they would Still only get a portion of mine but never the others.
Guess that would be the day I become a criminal

I can't remember if I talked about it in here or not but I recently discovered there is 2 thousand rounds of ammo up in the stable. I was shocked I tell ya, shocked.
Some kid that got arrested for drugs Monday just drove up to the police station today and stood in front of the camera and blew his head off. Windham N.H. I guess the police won't have him to kick around anymore. This just happened about 30 min ago. I know the dispatcher that watched it in the camera she's a little shaken up.