Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, OR DO THEY?
(12-07-2017, 09:47 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Welcome liberty.

Yes, that's for California state only.

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — In a victory for gun control advocates, a federal appeals court said Thursday people do not have a right to carry concealed weapons in public under the 2nd Amendment.

An 11-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said law enforcement officials can require applicants for a concealed weapons permit to show they are in immediate danger or have another good reason for a permit beyond self-defense.

And it will all be for not if the current reciprocity bill makes it to law. Well actually states like Cal, NY, NJ, Ill, etc, will only be able to restrict their own subjects.

That being said I hope it does not make it through in current form. The addition to the bill of the nics fix worries me.
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!

HairOfTheDog, Why was liberty Banned?

Why when are there more than 700 members in Mock who don't post and I am some one who does post; why have I not been made a member?
(12-09-2017, 01:05 AM)Ski at 1SKY6 Wrote:

HairOfTheDog, Why was liberty Banned?

Why when are there more than 700 members in Mock who don't post and I am some one who does post; why have I not been made a member?

liberty was banned because it was a sonofabitch spammer from China, that's why.

You have all the access to Mock you're ever going to get. I'm not risking my Members photographs nor their thoughts they put in the private forums in order to give you more access.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(12-09-2017, 12:19 AM)F.U. Wrote: And it will all be for not if the current reciprocity bill makes it to law. Well actually states like Cal, NY, NJ, Ill, etc, will only be able to restrict their own subjects.

That being said I hope it does not make it through in current form. The addition to the bill of the nics fix worries me.

hah 'Subjects' made me laugh in this context.

All the 9th U.S. District Circuit Court of Appeals did this week is uphold the existing conceal carry laws for residents of California, which most Californians support.

As for the House's Conceal-Carry Reciprocity Bill............taking power and responsibility away from the states is something that I expect extreme gun enthusiasts to hypocritically celebrate; those very same extreme gun enthusiasts who scream their lungs out about states' rights and states' sovereignty when the fed proposes something they don't like. Nothing new.

But, I'm more concerned about national gun safety and control measures aimed at keeping and taking guns out of the wrong hands.

Tying the national Reciprocity proposal to the NICS Fix Bill is a transparent dick move. Finally, after yet another terrible mass shooting in a church, there's bi-partisan agreement on passing legislation to at least improve the enforcement of existing national gun controls. BUT then............ the NRA-owned GOP politicians just have to try to tie it to a measure that will loosen other gun controls and restrict states' ability to determine their own regulations, thereby making the NICS Fix Bill partisan rather than bi-partisan. Nothing new there either.

Congresspersons who strongly support the NICS Fix Bill on its own will push back on that bullshit strategy. And, of course, Republican politicians will publicly and dishonestly accuse them of objecting to legislation that would improve the enforcement of existing laws and keep society safe! Same old shit there too.

Anyway, conceal-carry Reciprocity legislation doesn't belong in the NICS Fix Bill. I hope there's enough pressure to have it removed and the two legislative proposals are submitted separately, as they should be. If the Reciprocity Bill gets enough votes to pass on its own, so be it.
I thought you would get a giggle out of the subjects bit, HotD.

I also agree, these two things should have ben run separately.
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
(12-09-2017, 05:55 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-09-2017, 01:05 AM)Ski at 1SKY6 Wrote: Why when are there more than 700 members in Mock who don't post and I am some one who does post; why have I not been made a member?

You have all the access to Mock you're ever going to get. I'm not risking my Members photographs nor their thoughts they put in the private forums in order to give you more access.

I have done nothing to warrant this treatment. Please tell me what I have done.

Another School shooting today in Kentucky, at last report, 2 killed, 17 injured! WTF! Info still fluid!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I have been watching these, the kid in Ky is a fat fuck nerdy looking kid, still don't know why he did it. The kid in Texas shot 1 girl and she lived, he is getting charges as a juvy. A lot of people pissed off about it here, I know people that know him. He is apparently a full time asshole that this kind of thing was expected from
[Image: 4886D0D800000578-0-Bailey_Holt_15_was_on...716909.jpg] [Image: 4886DAA800000578-0-image-m-60_1516774709623.jpg]
^ The two fatal victims of the Kentucky school shooting were both 15-year-olds, Bailey Holt and Preston Cope.

Both of the deceased are roundly described as nice happy people. Rest in Peace.

Five other students remain in critical condition; hoping they all pull through.

There is no word on motive at this point.

(continued)
[Image: 48819D1200000578-5302843-Police_were_see...216530.jpg]
^ The 15-year-old gunman has not been named publicly because he's a juvenile.

He's in custody in a juvenile facility now, but prosecutors are looking to try him on two counts (so far) of murder and several counts of attempted murder in adult court.

Students who were present say that the shooter only stopped shooting when he ran out of bullets. He used a single handgun.

The shooter's family members are reportedly defending him on Facebook; saying that he is not a monster.

His step sister posted that he was bullied and was affected by his parent's recent divorce. She describes him as a 'young boy who was always laughing, smart and loved chemistry'.

This is the 11th school shooting of 2018 and the first that resulted in fatalities.

Refs:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...-1.3773847
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-fire.html
(01-24-2018, 12:37 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: This is the 11th school shooting of 2018 and the first that resulted in fatalities.

...and we're only a little more than 3 weeks into the new year. 11 school shootings. Jesus.

All the little bastards that bully never think the tables will turn. They can and they do. This won't be the last bullied person who loses their shit and takes it out on their tormentors.
Yeah, but are the ones that he killed and injured actually the ones that bullied him or innocent bystanders?
The girl with the glasses doesn't really look like a hardcore bully, but who knows.
(01-24-2018, 03:52 PM)sally Wrote: Yeah, but are the ones that he killed and injured actually the ones that bullied him or innocent bystanders?

Excellent point. I should have left out the last 12 dozen words. I was being presumptuous and I know better.

There's been another school shooting at a high school in Florida. It's breaking news so I don't have much. The shooter is still at large in the school and kids are calling their parents from closets and other places where they are hidden. Jesus.

Florida has a lot of "two legged" SNAKES, ( I HATE SNAKES) as well as the slithering SNAKES! (I HATE both kinds) hah

It’s getting to be old hat.

I said it many years ago, and it rings truer than ever:

Pray you and your loved ones are never in the wrong place at the wrong time when a nut with a gun is on the loose.
I posted the latest about the Florida high school shooting today in the PUBLIC SHOOTING thread: http://mockforums.net/showthread.php?tid...#pid466419
Overall Gun Sales in Decline Since Trump Took Office; Sales Tick Up Among Blacks & Gays

One major gun manufacturer, Remington, has already filed for bankruptcy. The company’s sales crashed in 2017, leaving it with a $28 million operating loss. Credit ratings agencies attributed the decline in part to “receding fears that guns will become more heavily regulated.”

“The company’s fortunes took a hit after the election of Donald Trump,” Bloomberg wrote, “because Hillary Clinton’s defeat erased fears among gun enthusiasts about losing access to weapons. Sales plummeted, and retailers stopped reordering as they found themselves stuffed with unsold inventory.”

The numbers have indeed dropped, as indicated by FBI firearm background checks. In 2017, the FBI conducted about 25.2 million firearm background checks, down from 27.5 million in 2016. The dip is significant, but the figure remains significantly higher than in previous years. In 2009, for example, the year Obama was sworn in, there were 14 million FBI firearm background checks.

Remington’s reputation has also flagged in recent years. The company fell under intense criticism after the 2012 shooting in Newtown, Conn., in which gunman Adam Lanza used a Remington Bushmaster AR-15 rifle to massacre children and staff at Sandy Hook Elementary. A lawsuit seeking to hold Remington partially liable is pending before the Connecticut Supreme Court. Remington also recently settled a class-action lawsuit over alleged defects in some of its rifles, as CNN Money reported.

While gun sales have fallen precipitously on the whole since Trump was elected, they appear to have ticked up among select groups of people. Many gun store owners and gun clubs say they’ve seen a recent surge in black and LGBT clients who fear racial and gender-based violence could swell during Trump’s presidency, as The Washington Post and NBC News have reported. So far, their business has not been enough to make up for the industry’s woes.

Full Story: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morn...4784a27178
(02-14-2018, 05:47 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: It’s getting to be old hat.

I said it many years ago, and it rings truer than ever:

Pray you and your loved ones are never in the wrong place at the wrong time when a nut with a gun is on the loose.
If that ever happens, you have two choices.

One, zig-zag run like hell and pray you don't get hit.

Or two, put you head down between you legs and kiss you ass goodby!