Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
SUPER BOWL SUNDAY
Oktoberfest? I like Sam Adams. They have winter brew out now.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

I'm going to make something with a bottle of vodka & a bottle of gin mixed with either iced tea or lemonade. I said I'd handle the booze, someone else can take care of the food.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(01-27-2016, 02:41 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I ordered two 14 kegs today for Super Bowl Sunday - Budweiser & Sam Adams. Cheers

I don't drink.

Good times.
(01-27-2016, 01:56 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I agree the game itself has become a joke.
I don't watch it.
And getting injured is no longer a possibility.
You guys must not have watched this past year.

It was pretty full contact. Teammates were knocking each other out. It was legit competitive. You'll still have guys refuse to go for the chance of injury, but the guys who did go were diggin in. I enjoyed it.

Personally, I wish they'd bring back the old Skillz Challenges.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap...ompetition
Imagine watching Julio Jones, Fitz, AJ Green, Megatron, and OBJ doing a 1 handed catch competition. (Though a couple of those guys bowed out.)

Even though the best QBs often decline, imagine watching Brady vs Rodgers vs Brees in an accuracy competition. I wanna make JJ Watt arm wrestle Fletcher Cox. I wanna see Adrian Peterson vs LeSean McCoy on an obstacle course.

That's just fun stuff. Ultimate athletes and competitors showing the pinnacle of game craftsmanship. It doesn't work for every position, but it was fun.
(01-28-2016, 04:31 AM)Cutz Wrote:
(01-27-2016, 01:56 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I agree the game itself has become a joke.
I don't watch it.
And getting injured is no longer a possibility.
You guys must not have watched this past year.

It was pretty full contact. Teammates were knocking each other out. It was legit competitive. You'll still have guys refuse to go for the chance of injury, but the guys who did go were diggin in. I enjoyed it.

Personally, I wish they'd bring back the old Skillz Challenges.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap...ompetition
Imagine watching Julio Jones, Fitz, AJ Green, Megatron, and OBJ doing a 1 handed catch competition. (Though a couple of those guys bowed out.)

Even though the best QBs often decline, imagine watching Brady vs Rodgers vs Brees in an accuracy competition. I wanna make JJ Watt arm wrestle Fletcher Cox. I wanna see Adrian Peterson vs LeSean McCoy on an obstacle course.

That's just fun stuff. Ultimate athletes and competitors showing the pinnacle of game craftsmanship. It doesn't work for every position, but it was fun.
That was the best part of the pro bowl IMO. And yeah, I missed this last years game because its been lame the last 4-5 years. I saw the hits on SC the following day and all of the outrage that ensued over them. I don't see hits like that happening again anytime soon.
We'll see. I won't make any guarantees but I'll watch the game if I get a chance.
(01-28-2016, 11:03 AM)Cutz Wrote: We'll see. I won't make any guarantees but I'll watch the game if I get a chance.
Let me know how it ends. Remember the skills comp where Cunningham threw one for 90 yards? Yeah... That was the good stuff. The scores back then were like 56-54 too. The games were actually exciting to watch.
I wont have a choice but to at least hear this game. I am going to work that sunday and it should be busy at the bar. 6 tvs all on the game, surround sound a blaring, drunks screaming and yelling. FUCK. It better be a good tip day. lol
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
69F and sunny with light winds in SF on Sunday for the Super Bowl.

Good weather favors Peyton I believe.

Good! I want him to have every advantage. I want him to win!
(02-02-2016, 07:46 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: 69F and sunny with light winds in SF on Sunday for the Super Bowl.

Good weather favors Peyton I believe.
I don't think so. Bad weather favors Cam, but good weather favors both.
Dungy said it best this morning. "My heart wants to see Peyton win one more, but my mind says Cam's got this."

I was listening to the NFL channel earlier and as you would imagine it was all chat about the Super Bowl. One of the men said he has covered many sporting events since 911 but the security surrounding this game is more massive than he has ever seen. He said there is a huge military presence as well as LEO's and he even saw tanks.
Fruity Joe was at the super bowl and had a bad seat, as he looked down he saw an empty seat low and on the 50 yard line. He goes down and asks the guy next to it who's it is, the guy says that's my wife's but she died, you see we've been going to the game since 1967.
Fruity asks "You mean you couldn't find anyone else to go?!!!" The guy says "No, their all at the funeral"
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Now I'm asking myself if I would blow off a funeral to go to a Super Bowl if my team were in it.
(02-07-2016, 12:01 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Now I'm asking myself if I would blow off a funeral to go to a Super Bowl if my team were in it.

I came home from the hospital with my first born on the day of Super Bowl XXXI. It sucked. Nobody cared. I was all alone. Just me and her, I cried.
I am in it for the commercials...and the Broncos.
I hear one of the commercials for Coke they are reuniting Mean Joe Greene and the little kid. The Kid is in his 30's but still has that baby face.

Arriving at Levi's Stadium -

[Image: 30FA6AD300000578-3436191-image-a-8_1454878413301.jpg][Image: 30FA77E400000578-3436191-image-m-7_1454878408377.jpg]
(02-07-2016, 04:09 PM)Adub Wrote: I came home from the hospital with my first born on the day of Super Bowl XXXI. It sucked. Nobody cared. I was all alone. Just me and her, I cried.

:( That sounds pitiful. Where's the baby daddy? 16
After putting a ton of thought into this, I'm sticking with my pick of Denver today.

The Panthers are sizzling, but, they're a different team if they're not playing with the lead.

I feel like the Broncos will take the lead, control tempo and their D will pressure Cam into a poor/below average performance.