Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OSCAR PISTORIUS MURDER TRIAL: the blade runner oscar pistorius shoots girlfriend
Thanks! for the latest information above. What kind of concoction is this to take, sounds like some kind of African Witch Doctor Brew. It's horrible.

I did notice he was permitted to visit the Stander family where his home is located, I wondered why? then who are they? and thought that's very convenient for him to pop over to his own home. No HairOfTheDog I missed the name Stander ranting and raving on about his lovely parties, so I'm sure glad you connected that one, I was too busy with miss Memory LOL she's questionable but, so is Botha, I hope we do hear from her.

I'm not sure who this Stander family are, contractors was mentioned in one article but, Burry Stander 25 yearold bicyclst came in 5th at the London Olympics, was hit by a Taxi January 4th 2013, he was married to elite road cyclist Cherise Taylor in May last year. Pistorius paid tribute to Stander. He tweeted: 'Absolutely devastated by the tragic news of Burry Stander's passing. A South African Icon and sporting great. RIP my friend.

I found this at The Telegraph Wednesday 27th Feburary 2013.

16.23 An image has come in showing Pistorius and sister Aimee in the car leaving court. The athlete's jaw is still set and he appears to be clutching an iPad-like device in his lap as he stares straight ahead. Is that a scratch just in front of his left ear?

[Image: oscar-pistorius-gr_2489705c.jpg]

We don't know if Detective Botha bothered to check his body for scratches. Botha is a bit of a softy I think, so what is going on in South Africa? it's like a good old boys network, these so called celebrities are thinking they will get off and what the heck he's getting paid Lawyers will lie.
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
(02-27-2013, 05:35 PM)NightOwl Wrote: Thanks! for the latest information above. What kind of concoction is this to take, sounds like some kind of African Witch Doctor Brew. It's horrible.

Sounds like something straight outta Maytee's caldron.

According to the article, it's animal steroid. I don't know if police will release the results of the tests to the public when they're finished or hold them for trial; I'm curious. Pistorius's team is sure in full-on public relations/perception mode, even stating on his website that they'll be releasing new developments in the case as they arise. They're not waiting for trial, they're courting public opinion, obviously.

(02-27-2013, 05:35 PM)NightOwl Wrote: I did notice he was permitted to visit the Stander family where his home is located, I wondered why? then who are they? and thought that's very convenient for him to pop over to his own home. No HairOfTheDog I missed the name Stander ranting and raving on about his lovely parties, so I'm sure glad you connected that one, I was too busy with miss Memory LOL she's questionable but, so is Botha, I hope we do hear from her.

I'm not sure who this Stander family are, contractors was mentioned in one article but, Burry Stander 25 yearold bicyclst came in 5th at the London Olympics, was hit by a Taxi January 4th 2013, he was married to elite road cyclist Cherise Taylor in May last year. Pistorius paid tribute to Stander. He tweeted: 'Absolutely devastated by the tragic news of Burry Stander's passing. A South African Icon and sporting great. RIP my friend.

I didn't find any connection between the cyclist Burry Stander and Pistorius's neighbor, Frans Stander. Sad story about Burry though; South Africa seems rife with accidents (and non-accidents played off to be accidents too) just based on my readings in regards to this case alone. Yesterday I came across an article about how Oscar's dad, Henke, shot himself in the testicles several years back while cleaning his gun. Jesus.

(02-27-2013, 05:35 PM)NightOwl Wrote: We don't know if Detective Botha bothered to check his body for scratches. Botha is a bit of a softy I think, so what is going on in South Africa? it's like a good old boys network, these so called celebrities are thinking they will get off and what the heck he's getting paid Lawyers will lie.

Botha's bad news; I've scratched anything he contributed to the case; starting over with the new investigator.

Celebrities in the US get away with a lot of shit too that gets swept under the rug. A lot of shit. I think it's the same everywhere, actually.

But, when it comes to killing someone, the game changes. I think that authorities went after OJ, Robert Blake, Phil Spector..., with mixed results, but authorities by no means looked the other way on the homicides. They couldn't really even if they'd wanted to; everyone was watching and people aren't stupid. Robert Pastorelli would have been next if he hadn't od'd on heroine once LAPD confirmed that they'd reclassified his girlfriend's death from suicide to homicide and that he was the prime suspect.

I expect that South African authorities will fully pursue conviction of Pistorius as well. Maybe they'll succeed and maybe not, but I don't think money will buy Pistorius a free pass on this (plus, the South African people are not stupid and they and the rest of the world are watching). I don't think Pistorius is gonna plea to culpable homicide even if it's offered. I think he wants to go to trial and probably believes that he'll get away with his self defense claim, avoid any jail time, and everything will be as it was before he shot at his girlfriend four times and killed her on Valentine's Day. He's wrong, imo.
HairOfTheDog, I took this paragraph from Pistorius's Autobiography that came out May 2009, you may have read it already.

"But prosthetics also landed him in an Amsterdam jail in 2006.

The day before travelling, he had been to a shooting range with a friend and ended up with gun residue on his legs — which made airport security suspicious when they scanned him after his prosthetics set off an alarm.

After earlier confusion about lost air tickets , the officials were ready to suspect he was a terrorist — and kept him locked up for several hours.

“You always hear that sometimes good kids land up in jail or in a holding cell, but it’s really scary when you’re overseas and you don’t have a phone,” he said in the interview. “ I was stressing when I was in there. It wasn’t lekker. ”

HairOfTheDog, he's down at the shooting range 20 years old, this fellow was hooked on guns early. If I recall a news reporter did an interview with him and he couldn't wait to take the reporter down to the shooting range.
I couldn't believe in your post above Henke his father shooting himself yet. OMG what could be next LOL.

Did you find out much about Oscars mother? I did find out her name is Shiela. I read she divorced Henke when he was six years old, she took all three children. He has some kind of tattoo on him regarding his mother and from the little I read, Oscar was not close to the father. Things may have been different if his mother was alive. All this big money coming in from Nike and others, pampers and spoils these young men to no end. This fellow just from reading was running wild I think, throwing parties galore lots of drinking, into fast cars and women. I think he's full of anger and rage and he lost it that night with Reeva.
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
Thanks for the info, NightOwl.

I haven't looked into Pistorius's mother specifically. I know from interviews that he's given that she was his inspiration. She would tell him to put his legs on before school just like she'd tell his brother to put his shoes on; not to feel sorry himself and to strive for everything he wanted. His parents divorced when he was young and it sounds like it was contentious. It's sad for Oscar that his mom died early in his teens, especially given that he did not have a close relationship with his father. He said that his father was away for work at the mines most of the time. He recently said (before he killed Reeva) that his father is still more like a mate than a father. His fascination with guns is also well documented in interviews he's given over the last few years, he wasn't low-key about it.

I have no doubt that Pistorius's disability, his home life, his father's apparent fascination with guns...all contribute to who he is today and therefore factor into his adult actions (the good he's accomplished along with the pain he's inflicted upon others). Same is true for all of us. I agree with you that it looks like he's an angry young man. He may also be paranoid. He may also have substance abuse problems. None of those things would surprise me in the least.

One thing's for sure, Oscar Pistorius killed his girlfriend either intentionally or recklessly. I think it's the former and that he's a liar (I suspect that he lied about the boating accident and the restaurant shooting incidents where he could have killed his passengers/friends/bystanders too). No matter what, he is the one and only person responsible for Reeva's death and needs to be held accountable. Based on my interpretations of other incidents that I've read about involving Pistorius, his family, friends and handlers appear to cover for him instead of encouraging him to tell the truth and accept the consequences. I hope that the court will hold him accountable and that the South African justice system will do its job for Reeva Steenkamp's loved ones.
Oscar Pistorius on the front cover of Time Magazine. I found this at News.com.au/world. Looks to me like they are going to delve into violence in South Africa. I don't care if he's a king or a pauper, he bloody well riddled Reeva with bullets, she never stood a chance!

[Image: 439031-bladerunner.jpg]

It also comes as a senior MP leapt into the violence debate, saying Steenkamp would be alive today if Pistorius had not kept a gun in his home.
South Africa's Women's Minister Lulu Xingwana is now calling for stricter gun controls across South Africa.
But as the Time cover story, headlined Oscar Pistorius and South Africa's culture of violence, makes clear, that will be easier said than done.
The article describes the romance between Pistorius and Steenkamp - who started dating after they met in November - and how they spent an idyllic holiday in Cape Town in January before juxtaposing those images with the squalor and violence of South Africa's shantytowns.
The country was "once a model of racial reconciliation" but is now a place where murder and rape are "pervasive and persistent", Time says.
Cape Town's beautiful, affluent centre is just the "salubrious end of the wide spectrum that describes South Africa's culture and its defining national trait: aside from the Seychelles, the Comoros Islands and Namibia, South Africa is the most inequitable country on earth".

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/world-news/oscar-...z2MKctG3T8
Henry David Thoreau
Wow, gun control nuts are everywhere! hah
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
OJ's lawyers played the race card.

Robert Blake and Phil Spector's lawyers played the Hollywood Gold-digger card.

Oscar's reputation management team looks to be playing the culture card.

Celebrities can't just be murderers; there's a card for every deadly occasion.

Oscar Pistorius is 'on the verge of suicide' as he is forced to sell off his belongings to fight a charge of premeditated murder, a friend of the Paralympic star has said.

Close friend Mike Azzie, who Pistorius refers to as Uncle Mike, said the sportsman was a 'broken man' after he was tasked with selling his racehorses to raise money to pay for spiralling legal fees.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Poor Baby ^^^^.

Not sad that Reeva's dead, but that he's losing his possessions.

You fucking murdered somebody.

An arrogant prick who clearly feels he's not subject to 'everyone else's laws'.
Taken from Mirror online.com March 11 2013. Some excerpts from BBC interview to be aired to-night at 9 p.m.

One of the Blade Runner's dearest friends Mike Azzi makes the claims in a BBC documentary being broadcast tonight.

Mr Azzi, who Pistorius fondly calls uncle Mike, said: “There is no confidence in his tone of voice.

Among the revelations is how Pistorius, 26, showed bravado after he was arrested over the Valentine’s Day shooting and told police: “I’ll survive. I always win.”

It was his response to a senior officer who had warned him: “You could go to jail for a very long time, Oscar.”

Police also confirmed the key witness who reported hearing screams and shots has come forward.

The witness lives 150 metres from Pistorius’s luxury home in the highly secured Silver Woods estate in South Africa’s capital Pretoria.

Investigators also revealed the bathroom door through which Reeva Steenkamp was shot opens inwards.

It means she could have used her body to try to stop it being pushed open.

Detectives said they were no longer concerned with whether Pistorius put on his legs before he shot Reeva, 29.

They also confirmed that two dogs were in the grounds of the house when the shooting happened and there was a ladder, as Pistorius had described.

His statement was: “There are no burglar bars across the bathroom window and I knew contractors who worked at my house had left the ladders outside.”

If anyone on Mock does receive BBC Live USA a brief report would be nice!

I read somewhere the Police didn't want the house cleaned until after the trial, I think that's a smart idea and prevents Oscar from selling it. I'm so glad a neighbour has come forth about the screaming.

From his book he says we were “spoilt rotten” !
Henry David Thoreau
Pistorius's family released a statement hours ago denying reports that he's suicidal.

His lawyer is also appealing his bail conditions. For real? He got released on a piddly $113k. Here's the gist of the appeal:

1. objection to Pistorius having to turn over passport and travel docs and refraining from applying for new ones; his camp contends that he should be able to travel freely as long as he has permission.
2. objection to him having supervised visits by probation/correctional officers at the home 4 times a month.
3. objection to him having to refrain from alcohol; contending that if he has something that contains alcohol, it could be wrongly construed as a transgression.
4. objection to him having restrictions from talking to other residents (also possible witnesses) and visiting his home in the gated community where he shot Reeva (contending it inhibits his ability to prepare for trial; but I don't think his lawyers are restricted from interviewing anyone).

Well hell, why not just drop all charges and call it a day. It's Oscar Pistorius after all. Talk about balls. He shot someone 3 times and killed her; that's not debatable. Still, he's living in a luxurious home in a nice area with family and friends around. He should be thanking his effin' lucky stars...

The state confirms that they will fight the bail appeal.

Ref:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/oly...y/1979049/
(03-11-2013, 02:34 PM)NightOwl Wrote: I read somewhere the Police didn't want the house cleaned until after the trial, I think that's a smart idea and prevents Oscar from selling it. I'm so glad a neighbour has come forth about the screaming.

I didn't see the BBC special, NightOwl. I wonder if it contained any new info.

I'm still shaking my head about the bail appeal and was looking for an update on that issue when I came across this:

London: In a further shock for murder-accused Paralympian Oscar Pistorius, police investigating the death of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp have reportedly revealed that they had found Pistorius’ prized trophies strewn across the floor of the Pretoria home on the night Steenkamp was shot dead.

According to the investigators, the awards, of which some were broken, may point to a row between Pistorius and Steenkamp before he ‘accidentally’ shot her four times.

http://zeenews.india.com/sports/others/p...58203.html

If this is true, it adds weight to witness reports of hearing arguing in the home the night that Reeva was killed.

P.s. Still curious about results of the supplement and syringe testing, but doubting those will be leaked before trial.
(03-17-2013, 07:09 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(03-11-2013, 02:34 PM)NightOwl Wrote: I read somewhere the Police didn't want the house cleaned until after the trial, I think that's a smart idea and prevents Oscar from selling it. I'm so glad a neighbour has come forth about the screaming.

I didn't see the BBC special, NightOwl. I wonder if it contained any new info.

I'm still shaking my head about the bail appeal and was looking for an update on that issue when I came across this:

London: In a further shock for murder-accused Paralympian Oscar Pistorius, police investigating the death of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp have reportedly revealed that they had found Pistorius’ prized trophies strewn across the floor of the Pretoria home on the night Steenkamp was shot dead.

According to the investigators, the awards, of which some were broken, may point to a row between Pistorius and Steenkamp before he ‘accidentally’ shot her four times.

http://zeenews.india.com/sports/others/p...58203.html

If this is true, it adds weight to witness reports of hearing arguing in the home the night that Reeva was killed.

P.s. Still curious about results of the supplement and syringe testing, but doubting those will be leaked before trial.

This was a very good find HairOfTheDog! it's more proof there was an all out row, Pistorious would not trash his own trophies they'd be too precious, Reeva may have thrown them at him to keep him at bay in self defense IMO if that was the case, I think that would infuriate him to no end.

I found a picture of some of his trophies on UK daily mail taken 2013.

[Image: article-2279060-11FB9E4A000005DC-73_634x422.jpg]
Henry David Thoreau
Here's BBC 3 Documentary via Youtube and Mike Azzie interview is on there.
It's interesting Pistorius has a housekeeper who lives out back, that was a new piece of information, guess she didn't hear anything. When Pistorius was 19 he drove 400 miles through the night, to straighten out a blistering row he had with a girlfriend but, never reached her hah because he fell asleep at wheel, crashed the car and almost killed himself! More proof of how wreckless this guy is.

Pistorius said he did the shooting without his prosthetic legs on, I believe the Prosecutor is saying he had them on, they have taken the bathroom door away, found that out because the Pistorius family have hired their own investigator. It just annoys me to no end how pompous these people are.

Henry David Thoreau

I have almost no faith that he will pay for this.
(03-20-2013, 06:59 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I have almost no faith that he will pay for this.

I know Jimbone feels the same way.

I don't see how he can be convicted of anything less than culpable manslaughter given the facts and his confession, there's no self-defense option in play here.

But, I can see his defense team looking to mitigate his actions and minimize his punishment with a PTSD defense or something like that.

IDK, I sure hope he pays and it seems to me that the SA authorities are pursuing it vigorously, but stranger things than Pistorius walking have happened.

I don't like thinking like that. I'm a firm believer in people getting exactly what they deserve, whether that be good or bad.
The Pistorius's family legal team is stretched with back-to-back hearings next week, according to today's news.

Oscar's appealing his bail conditions and that hearing is now scheduled for next Thursday. Oscar's not expected to appear, but his lawyers will fight to get the prohibitions against his traveling outside of South Africa, drinking alcohol, and visiting the neighbors at Silverwoods Country Estates (where he shot Reeva) waived. They also seek to overturn the condition that he check-in at the police station twice a week.

The culpable homicide charges against his older brother Carl are being pursued by prosecutors and he's scheduled to appear with family lawyers in court next Wednesday.

Snip:
State prosecutors also believe they have a case against Carl, who they argue was driving negligently, National Prosecuting Authority spokesman Medupe Simasiku told the AP on Friday.

Simasiku said the older Pistorius brother was driving a Ford Ranger SUV in March 2008 when he collided with a female motorcyclist. The woman, Marietjie Barnard, died in a hospital and although the culpable homicide charge against Carl was initially dropped, it was reinstated this year because forensic evidence and reports from the accident scene were now available, Simasiku said.

Ref:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pistorius-b...--oly.html
(03-22-2013, 11:18 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The Pistorius's family legal team is stretched with back-to-back hearings next week, according to today's news.

Oscar's appealing his bail conditions and that hearing is now scheduled for next Thursday. Oscar's not expected to appear, but his lawyers will fight to get the prohibitions against his traveling outside of South Africa, drinking alcohol, and visiting the neighbors at Silverwoods Country Estates (where he shot Reeva) waived. They also seek to overturn the condition that he check-in at the police station twice a week.

The culpable homicide charges against his older brother Carl are being pursued by prosecutors and he's scheduled to appear with family lawyers in court next Wednesday.

Snip:
State prosecutors also believe they have a case against Carl, who they argue was driving negligently, National Prosecuting Authority spokesman Medupe Simasiku told the AP on Friday.

Simasiku said the older Pistorius brother was driving a Ford Ranger SUV in March 2008 when he collided with a female motorcyclist. The woman, Marietjie Barnard, died in a hospital and although the culpable homicide charge against Carl was initially dropped, it was reinstated this year because forensic evidence and reports from the accident scene were now available, Simasiku said.

Ref:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pistorius-b...--oly.html

Why doesn't the smug Pistorius show up in Court? let's see the mourning boyfriend! Who does he think he is? some of the restrictions were imposed for his own damn good and to protect society from more wrecklessness.

Well let's not forget his famous quote "I will survive, I always win". I hope for a big DENIED!!! by the Judge Thursday.

HairOfTheDog do you think anyone from Reeva's family may show up?
Henry David Thoreau
(03-22-2013, 09:14 PM)NightOwl Wrote: HairOfTheDog do you think anyone from Reeva's family may show up?

IDK, but I hope so. I think it's important that the family make it clear they hold Pistorius responsible for Reeva's death and that they want him to pay for her murder (with jail time, not a payoff to them).

Reeva's family has been low key, maybe for very good reasons. I hope they're prepared to fight for justice for Reeva. But, I haven't gotten that sense from what's been published so far. Perhaps they're active in supporting the prosecution behind the scenes?

No matter who attends the hearing next Thursday, really hoping Pistorius's bail conditions are not amended in any way. He's lucky he's not locked up now. I agree with you; he's dangerous and a flight risk.

P.s. Very weird to only just find out about the trophies and then to learn there was a maid living on his grounds too. Neither fact looks good for the defense, imo.