Dave Davies yesterday..........
[Image: dave-davies.jpg]

Dave today..........

[Image: M_DaveDavies630_060412.jpg?__SQUARESPACE...8855026284]

Ray Davies yesterday.........

[Image: the-kinks-ray-davies-celebrity-photo-bir....jpg?w=249]

Ray today.....

[Image: ray_davies_3065284.jpg]

You really got me, all day......all night.

Which one is the best?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Both are good, but not the best. The top two Kinks' songs belong to the ladies.

1. Lola
2. Victoria

Fact.
Waterloo sunset is better, and Lola was no lady..........
(02-19-2013, 09:25 PM)Maggot Wrote: Lola was no lady..........

So technical... After all, it's a mixed up muddled up shook up world in Soho or downtown.

Ah well. May, I just don't get it. I remember long ago when life was clean; sex was bad and obscene.

And, I don't know why you don't take me downtown anymore.

(ETA: I like the Kinks a lot and need to give Waterloo Sunset another listen... I liked Ray and Chrissie Hynde playing together a lot too.)
What was that song Ray wrote and she sang oh yeah....Stop stop sobbing.......

Kinks version.....

"Stop your Sobbing" - I actually like the version with Chrissie better, but both are good.

They did another great song together too; damned if I can remember it now. I think I wrote it on a postcard from London though. I'll find it before you come dancing.

P.s. I can only imagine a typical day around the house of Ray Davies and Chrissie Hynde, bet it was a real bore...
Louie Louie....no competition, hands down.
They did a good version of Louie, Louie, but that was already an old cover song by the time Dave and Ray got ahold of it. So, your vote is DISQUALIFIED! Smiley_emoticons_wink

Louie, Louie is a Rick Berry song. I think The Pharaohs, The Beach Boys, The Kingsmen (best version, imo), Otis Redding, Paul Revere and the Raiders, and probably more recorded it before the Kinks did (or around the same time, I don't know in what order).

Don't worry about the rejection though. Everybody's a dreamer and everybody's a star; and everybody's in show biz, it doesn't matter who you are - this includes you, aussie!...

Celluloid Heroes is actually probably my favorite Kinks song.
I'm with Maggot on this one.

I like 'You Really Got Me' best.

HotD, what do you think of the song 'Talk of the Town' from the Pretenders, circa 1981?

Let me know.
(02-20-2013, 04:42 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I'm with Maggot on this one.

HotD, what do you think of the song 'Talk of the Town' from the Pretenders, circa 1981?

Let me know.

I like everything that The Pretenders did; including "Talk of the Town".

"You Really Got Me" is a very good song, both The Kinks version and the Van Halen cover.

I like a "A Well Respected Man" too; Ray Davies wrote some very good (along with some really fun/weird) lyrics.
(02-20-2013, 05:00 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(02-20-2013, 04:42 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I'm with Maggot on this one.

Let me know.

I like everything that The Pretenders did; including "Talk of the Town".

"You Really Got Me" is a very good song, both The Kinks version and the Van Halen cover.

I like a "A Well Respected Man" too; Ray Davies wrote some very good (along with some really fun/weird) lyrics.

The last 5 songs I downloaded from ITunes:

Everybody's Changing- Keane (2003ish)
Sweet Disposition- The Temper Trap (2009) they're Australian
Better Days- Goo Goo Dolls (Not sure)
Talk of the Town- The Pretenders
Lessons in Love- Neon Trees (2012)
HoTD it's not a songwriters competition. You think I don't know that Louie Louie was a cover? Come on.

Louie Louie wins end of story.....and I am still a star.
(02-20-2013, 05:49 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: HoTD it's not a songwriters competition. You think I don't know that Louie Louie was a cover? Come on.

Louie Louie wins end of story.....and I am still a star.

Well, I guess it's up to Maggot if your vote counts or not.

Both songs that he mentioned in the OP were originals, not covers.

But, I didn't choose either of them, so I might be disqualified too.

You're a superstar, yes you are.
[Image: superstar.jpg]
[Image: superstar.jpg]

hah My friend aussie does kinda remind me of a more attractive version of Mary Katherine Gallagher, now that you mention it.

Superstar says, "Sometimes, when I'm really nervous, I stick my hands in my armpits, and I smell them. *Sniffs*. Aaah..."

But, there's no way aussie (would admit that she) does that...
(02-21-2013, 12:58 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: But, there's no way aussie (would admit that she) does that...

Well, you got that part right.
(02-21-2013, 04:56 PM)aussiefriend Wrote:
(02-21-2013, 12:58 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: But, there's no way aussie (would admit that she) does that...

Well, you got that part right.

Smiley_emoticons_smile She was a funny character. She really got me...laughing.

That song is a favourite on the Australian pub circuit thanks for posting it!
That's not the freakin Kinks!!! Dammit, Dammit all to hell!!! I've seen Ray& Dave in concert at separate venues. Dave did a really good job after his stroke and Ray well.............he was just....Ray.