Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
NFL 2013 SEASON
There's a couple of British guys been drafted this year surprisingly they are both black and built like brick shithouses! One of them has only been playing the game for two years.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.

Chicago Bears middle linebacker Brian Urlacher has announced his retirement after 13 NFL seasons. He’s one of four players in NFL history with 40 sacks and 20 interceptions (sacks became an official statistic in 1982).

He was an eight-time Pro Bowler and the all-time leading tackler in Bears history (according to the team).

He’s in the top 10 in franchise history in games played and sacks, and he’s tied for 11th in interceptions.

Urlacher is one of just seven players in NFL history to win the Defensive Player of the Year and Rookie of the Year in his career.

Of the six others, three are in the Hall of Fame and two of the remaining three are still active players.

Bye, honey. Blowing-kisses

Story
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
OMG as a Green Bay fan this is even funnier, LMAO!!!!!

http://www.sportspickle.com/news/16349/b...t-a-winner

Longtime Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher officially retired today as a member of the Green Bay Packers, signing a one-day contract with the team to "go out a winner."

"I know this may rub some people in the Bears organization the wrong way. And some Bears fans, too, probably," said Urlacher. "But it's my right to end my career the way I want to end it, and doing it as a member of the Green Bay Packers — unquestionably the best franchise in the NFC North throughout my career and, really, all of NFC North history — brings me great joy. Not being a member of the Bears on this day is the highlight of my career."

Urlacher then fought back tears as he spoke about how much it means to him to no longer be a part of the Bears: "You dream of this your whole career but never really believe it could happen," he said, tears rolling down his cheeks.

The linebacker's press conference was attended by many Packers players in a sign of respect for all of his accomplishments.

"Brian was one of the greats," said quarterback Aaron Rodgers. "If the Bears had more players like him, they wouldn't always be so easy to beat."

Urlacher said he had a hunch that this is where his career would end following the 2010 NFC Championship Game, which Chicago lost to Green Bay.

"That was my last, best shot at winning a Super Bowl, but the Packers were clearly the better team," he said. "I would have given anything to be a Packer that day. And, to be honest, pretty much every day before and after that in my career. Again, no offense to the Bears."

The future Hall of Famer says he plans to be inducted into Canton as a Green Bay Packer and encouraged other Bears to follow his lead.

"You have to do what makes you happy and not worry how fans might react," said Urlacher. "And if my old Bears teammates are truthful, they'd all rather be on the Packers. I mean, why wouldn't they? Even Jay Cutler. I'm sure the Packers would be happy to sign him to a one-day contract so he could retire as their third-string quarterback."

Yes I know its face but its still funny as fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MS, did you know that Jay Z has started a sports agency? Victor Cruz signed with him & I just read a rumor that DeSean Jackson is going to as well (he must have dumped Rosenhaus. *snicker*)
(06-03-2013, 11:44 AM)Duchess Wrote:

MS, did you know that Jay Z has started a sports agency? Victor Cruz signed with him & I just read a rumor that DeSean Jackson is going to as well (he must have dumped Rosenhaus. *snicker*)

I wasn't aware.

Jay Z will do well with that.

I've always been a fan of his. Not a big P Diddy or Tupac guy.

He must be a pretty decent guy if Beyonce was willing to marry him.

Deacon Jones has died.

David "Deacon" Jones, the Hall of Fame defensive end credited with terming the word "sack" for how he knocked down quarterbacks, has died. The Washington Redskins said that Jones died of natural causes at his home in Southern California on Monday night. Deacon Jones was one of the greatest players in NFL history. He was 74.

Story

It's being reported that the New England Patriots are signing Tim Tebow.

I still don't understand why that kid is the laughing stock of the NFL.
(05-23-2013, 06:20 PM)F.U. Dont ask again Wrote: as a Green Bay fan

*fistbump*
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(06-11-2013, 06:17 AM)Duchess Wrote:

He is massively inconsistent plus his name is Tim Tebow which makes him sound like a character from Sesame Street.

“Let's explore the letter s with our pal Tim Tebow!”
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
I'm interested to see how Williams goes at the Seahawks. I think his injury woes saw him spiral in the draft. It will be interesting to see if that kick in the nuts affects his confidence in the big time.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(06-11-2013, 06:17 AM)Duchess Wrote:

First and foremost, he can't throw.

His delivery is long and unorthodox. Tom Brady & Aaron Rodgers he is NOT.

The Jets never tried to use him the right way, however.

Can he be a successful QB at the NFL level? I really don't think so.

The Patriots, with their offensive coordinator's history with Tebow, at least feel he could be.a serviceable 3rd string QB.

But, let's be honest, how much playing time does a 3rd stringer get every season?

Maybe a PLAY or two?
Brady was a surprize that once given the oportunity became great. Tebow will get his chance.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(06-11-2013, 05:17 PM)Maggot Wrote: Brady was a surprize that once given the oportunity became great. Tebow will get his chance.

Maggs, the problem is, most NFL experts agreed when Tebow came out that he cannot throw.

Why in the hell Denver drafted him in the 1st round, I'm not sure.

Brady was drafted in the 6th round, but he could throw when he was at Michigan.

I just printed out 4 tix to Eagles training camp at the Linc in early August! *happy dance*
Didn't want to go too far off topic in the crime thread, but wondering how much Aaron Hernandez's absence from the Patriots would affect the franchise next year? Is he considered key to their ability to take it all in 2014?

The NFL will probably be issuing a statement sometime soon, if Hernandez is arrested.

Just curious. I don't follow the NFL teams and players closely.

That's Maggot's team, he might be able to answer that.
(06-21-2013, 01:02 PM)Duchess Wrote:

That's Maggot's team, he might be able to answer that.

Thanks, Duchess.

I saw Jim and Maggot mention Tebow stepping in if Hernandez is out of commission.

I'm curious to see how the Patriots' owners handle the situation; sometimes the perceived value of the player affects their official stance and public statements.

All I've seen officially released is that the owners and managers weren't at the stadium when Hernandez visited there before hitting his lawyer's office yesterday. The franchise is staying mum about the impact on the team, for now.

Boston Globe is poking at Kraft and the Patriots' philosophy today. http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/0...story.html

Someone just asked me if I would shove a kid out of the way to catch a pass at training camp & I said yes.

Am I going to burn in Hell? *worried look*
Just to clarify for the not so savvy NFL minds:

You don't just step in and play any position in the NFL (no matter how easy it sounds), without having had some experience somewhere in the past (high school, college, etc).

Now, could Tebow go play tight end in the Sunday recreational flag football league? Probably.

I just don't see him suddenly becoming an NFL tight end.

That myth can officially be debunked.

RG3 married his college sweetheart. Bless their hearts, they are registered at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

[Image: article-0-1AB39CD7000005DC-751_634x505.jpg]

[Image: Rebecca-Liddicoat-rgiii-fiance.jpg]