Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
NFL 2013 SEASON

Ta Da!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
There are a lot of rumors that Kansas City is in serious talks with San Francisco about acquiring Alex Smith. Just curious what people's thoughts are about this?

I am cautiously optimistic...if the rumors are true.

Consider yourself lucky if you get him. He's a fine athlete.

I'll take this to mean they have stopped talking about Nick Foles & Michael Vick.
I heard that Philly was not willing to give up Vick.

He restructured his contact & is now in direct competition with Nick Foles for the starting position, which I view as a positive. I'm hoping it lights a fire under his ass. We have four QB's now.

It's your lucky day, nrkerr, Alex Smith has been traded to the Chiefs!
(02-27-2013, 04:23 PM)Duchess Wrote:

It's your lucky day, nrkerr, Alex Smith has been traded to the Chiefs!

I hope for NrKerr's sake you're right.

I think Smith's success during the last couple of years was a direct result of working with Jim Harbaugh.

Look what happened to Matt Cassel when he went to KC.

He suddenly sucked.

I see the same thing happening with Smith.
(02-27-2013, 04:56 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I hope for NrKerr's sake you're right.

The San Francisco 49ers have agreed to trade quarterback Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs, league sources confirmed to ESPN.

Alex Smith's body of work the past two seasons far surpasses the production of the four players who have seen action for the Chiefs at the position during that time span.

Kansas City will trade its second-round pick in the 2013 draft -- the second selection (No. 34 overall) in the round -- as well as another conditional mid-round pick in 2014 to acquire Smith from San Francisco, a league source told ESPN.

The 49ers now own 11 picks in the 2013 draft.

As a result of the trade, the Chiefs are expected to release former starting quarterback Matt Cassel, league sources told ESPN. Cassel has two years remaining on a $63 million, six-year deal he signed with Kansas City after he was acquired in a trade from the Patriots in 2009. He failed to live up to the lofty contract, however, and was benched during the 2012 season.

Story
I guess I should have worded my response better.

I meant to say I hope you're right insinuating IT'S HER LUCKY DAY.

I don't think Chief fans will feel lucky that Smith is their QB at the end of next year.

Could you be failing to take into consideration the fact that Andy Reid is there now?
(02-27-2013, 05:08 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Could you be failing to take into consideration the fact that Andy Reid is there now?

I DID forget about Reid going there.

There may be a sliver of hope.

Smiley_emoticons_smile
I am optimistic. I love my Chiefs, just wish something good would come out of our season.
(02-27-2013, 09:31 PM)nrkerr Wrote: I am optimistic.

Good. There's no where to go but up. I like Andy Reid a lot, don't listen to any of the naysayers, you're very lucky to have him. When he left Philly he took some of his staff with him, they are all very capable people.
Today the Minnesota Vikings traded enigmatic WR Percy Harvin to the Seattle Seahawks.

Percy no longer wanted to be here and will be a FA after this coming season.

To extract a 1st-Round, 4th-Round and a 4th-Round pick (next year) from Seattle made this a very good trade for us (I believe).

Good luck Seattle with a Prima Donna who is injury prone and suffers from migraines.

Oh, and 'ha ha' Percy. You thought Minny was a long way from Florida? How's Seattle treating you?

We just got another QB. That makes five. I suppose there is a method I'm just not understanding. 78

...and free agency starts tomorrow!
49ers get Boldin.First they ask him to take a 2 mil cut and then trade 'em.
WTF!
He's here!
[Image: 20130313_ajw_su8_002.0_standard_709.0.jpg]

Ah, Coach Reid. Blowing-kisses
(03-14-2013, 10:04 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Ah, Coach Reid. Blowing-kisses

Gave the finger to the birds.

"Hey, Coach . . . give my best to your son." - B. Bidwell