Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
HURT FEELINGS

This is his quote -

'We changed our Honors Night from an exclusive ceremony at night to an all-inclusive ceremony during the day in the presence of the entire student body,' he wrote.

This man is a new principle & the honors ceremony has always been a tradition that was held in the evening. It was "special" to those being honored, special to the kids & special to the families of those kids. He has taken away the significance of the ceremony. Once everyone is allowed admittance the honor of it is diminished.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Maybe he thinks that if all the kids see the honorees getting awards, it will inspire them to want to do better.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies

I think that's more coddling & I don't like it. I was never coddled, maybe I would feel differently if I had been. My parents had expectations & they made me aware of them.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(03-21-2013, 06:15 AM)Duchess Wrote:

First year principal David Fabrizio of Ipswich Middle School said that he will open the annual event to all students to avoid 'devastating' those who didn't make the grade.

(03-21-2013, 06:52 AM)ramseycat Wrote: Maybe he thinks that if all the kids see the honorees getting awards, it will inspire them to want to do better.

Yeah, genius.

That's what he was thinking.
I was just playing Devils Advocate Teeks. Settle down before you pop.
This is the same thing as giving kids 'participation' trophies.

Duchess is right about this sort of thing, it is destroying the country.

Being exceptional should be rewarded and celebrated. Mediocrity deserves neither.

This principal is an idiot.
(03-21-2013, 10:42 AM)Jimbone Wrote: This is the same thing as giving kids 'participation' trophies.

This is how I view many entitlement programs . . . participation trophies.
(03-21-2013, 11:04 AM)BlueTiki Wrote: This is how I view many entitlement programs . . . participation trophies.

Hell Tiki, many aren't even participating to get the entitlement.

Disclaimer for people who can't think smart: I'm not talking about seniors, veterans, or others who have paid their taxes to get entitlements due them. I'm talking ability societal leeches who are bleeding us dry.
Yup.

Just show up with your hand out or an excuse and that's good enough!

And heaven forbid you are required to perform ANY type of work or service to receive these benefits.

That would be like keeping score at youth athletic events.
I have seen commercials with lawyers trying to help people get on S.S. how fucked up is that?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(03-21-2013, 02:18 PM)Maggot Wrote: I have seen commercials with lawyers trying to help people get on S.S. how fucked up is that?

Because it can be very difficult to get approved for SSDI even if you gave a disability. SS typically denies your first application and you have to apply again and provide a shit ton of medical documentation. It can be very confusing and frustrating for people.
(03-21-2013, 02:18 PM)Maggot Wrote: I have seen commercials with lawyers trying to help people get on S.S. how fucked up is that?

Not so much if they cripple the client bastards first.

I hate it when they present "lazy" as a disability.

And the fuckers with their damned emotional therapy dogs? WTF?

I say: "Gimpy or Go Home!"
(03-21-2013, 02:34 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Because it can be very difficult to get approved for SSDI even if you gave a disability. SS typically denies your first application and you have to apply again and provide a shit ton of medical documentation. It can be very confusing and frustrating for people.

Hey . . . you were in insurance.

Got any figures showing if there has been an increase in SSDI recipients over the . . . let's say . . . past 15 years?
No I don't. Sorry.
Here you go Tiki:

In December 2011, over 8.5 million disabled workers, over 977,000 disabled adult children, and just over 251,000 disabled widow(er)s received disability benefits.

[Image: chart02.gif]

Source: http://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/statcomps...ect01.html
Hmmm.

Whooda thunk so many gimpies?

Almost looks like rubber-stamp numbers.

And with all the health care and safety regs on the books . . .

God bless those altruistic attorneys!

Thanks for the graphic, Bone.
That gravy train sure could use another engine.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Actually Teeks (ramsey needs a slap across the chops BTW), I think if the 2012 number was included, you'd see the curve go a little more hyperbolic. There were a record number of SSDI claims in 2012.