Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
STUFFED SHELLS

I looked for the frozen ones at the market but I either couldn't find them or they don't carry them. How hard could it be to make them, cook the shells and then fill them with cheese, right?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Sounds like a pain. Are you talking about a tortellini or ravioli? Hard to imagine they wouldn't have those.
Commando Cunt Queen
She's talking about these:

[Image: stuffed-shells-ck-428921-l.jpg]
Oh yum. I've never noticed big shells like that at the store.

Yeah, if you have the shells, I'd cook them al dente, stuff them whatever appeals and bake them till everything is hot/ melted. The ones JB posted look like they at least have cheese, spinach, tomato (or a little sauce). You could add a bit of cooked Italian sausage, ricotta...anything you might like in a lasagna. Num. I'll have to look for those.
Commando Cunt Queen
You stuff them with ricotta like lasagna. Put an egg and fresh herbs in the ricotta, whatever else you want. Meat goes with sauce, cover with shredded cheese and cover before you bake.

Jesus, people, don't you cook?
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(03-18-2013, 04:34 PM)username Wrote: Sounds like a pain. Are you talking about a tortellini or ravioli? Hard to imagine they wouldn't have those.

No you goddamn asshole, she's talking about the dried pasta that looks like a shell which you stuff with cheese. They're next to the spaghetti and lasagna and shit, Jesus Christ.

Boil shells until al dente, drain and stuff with mixture of ricotta, 1 egg, chopped fresh parsley, a little cottage cheese, a dash of nutmeg and grated mozzarella and parmesan. Stuff shells with ricotta mixture.

Top with homemade sauce...

1 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
2 tsp. minced garlic
12 cup of dry red wine( I use Chianti)
1 tsp. salt
12 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. sugar
12 tbsp. chopped fresh basil

Cook onions in oil for about 2 minutes, add rest of ingredients and simmer for about 20 minutes. Add Meat if desired. Pour over shells and bake until hot and bubbly, top with shredded mozzarella at the last 5 minutes.
Your hired!!!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(03-18-2013, 08:56 PM)sally Wrote:
(03-18-2013, 04:34 PM)username Wrote: Sounds like a pain. Are you talking about a tortellini or ravioli? Hard to imagine they wouldn't have those.

No you goddamn asshole, she's talking about the dried pasta that looks like a shell which you stuff with cheese. They're next to the spaghetti and lasagna and shit, Jesus Christ.

Boil shells until al dente, drain and stuff with mixture of ricotta, 1 egg, chopped fresh parsley, a little cottage cheese, a dash of nutmeg and grated mozzarella and parmesan. Stuff shells with ricotta mixture.

1 cup chopped onion
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. salt
12 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. sugar

Cook onions in oil for about 2 minutes, add rest of ingredients and simmer for about 20 minutes. Add Meat if desired. Pour over shells and bake until hot and bubbly, top with shredded mozzarella at the last 5 minutes.

Yeah, kinda like I said. Lasagna in a shell. You can put however much effort you want to put into it.
Commando Cunt Queen
(03-18-2013, 08:56 PM)sally Wrote: Boil shells until al dente, drain and stuff with mixture of ricotta, 1 egg, chopped fresh parsley, a little cottage cheese, a dash of nutmeg and grated mozzarella and parmesan. Stuff shells with ricotta mixture.

1 cup chopped onion
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. salt
12 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. sugar

I'm making that this weekend. I have some sauce frozen that I got up in Little Italy but given how easy you have made your recipe look I'm going to give it a shot.
Look at Duchess cooking n shit.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies

It's the weather. It affects my desire to nest.
(03-19-2013, 08:58 AM)ramseycat Wrote: Look at Duchess cooking n shit.

Well at least she knows a stuffed shell isn't a tortellini or ravioli Twat.
I'm such an asshole. I read this..." Sounds like a pain. Are you talking about a tortellini or ravioli? Hard to imagine they wouldn't have those." and quoted it without even looking at the avatar, I just now noticed that it was User that wrote that and not Ramsey Oops. I guess subconsciously I was thinking that no one but Ramsey could ask such a stupid fucking question.

So User, did you just get off the boat from China? How the hell did you not know what a stuffed shell is, that's like not knowing what a taco is.
(03-19-2013, 09:22 AM)sally Wrote:

Ah yea, where did I say that? Nowhere. User is the twat. But we already knew that.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies

Never had them.

Stiffed shell, taco, twat. Just eat a vagina and be done with it.
Commando Cunt Queen
Spinach, artichoke and feta mixture is my favorite stuffing for shells.

I usually use jarred sauce, but will give sally's recipe a try next time.
If you use that recipe, you'll need to adjust the salt and sugar to your taste. Those measurements were just a guess at about how much I use. And if you want to splurge, use canned San Marzano tomatoes if you can find them. And if you print it out and hang it on your fridge you might want to cut out the part where I call User a goddamn asshole, or your friends and family might think there is something really wrong with you.
(03-19-2013, 10:31 AM)username Wrote:

Never had them.

Stiffed shell, taco, twat. Just eat a vagina and be done with it.

I typed "stiffed". God damn, maybe I am turning into Ramsey!

:Panic:
Commando Cunt Queen
Thanks sally. I usually start off way low on the sugar for any recipe and adjust. Have a bit of a salty tooth and always add at least a pinch of crushed red peppers too. Your recipe sounds great for shells. I've found a couple of really good jarred sauces, but they're better for spaghetti and other unstuffed pasta.

I wrote the recipe down, so those goddamn assholes that come over for the food won't be able to give me any shit (about that).
(03-19-2013, 11:43 AM)sally Wrote: use canned San Marzano tomatoes if you can find them.

I found them today.

[Image: IMG-20130320-04832_zps95f0e4e2.jpg]