Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
STUFFED SHELLS
If the tomatoes are whole just break them up with a fork or your hand. You probably already knew that, but you never know.
(03-20-2013, 05:18 PM)sally Wrote: You probably already knew that, but you never know.

Yeah, I knew. I'm not a complete tard in the kitchen but once people know that you know how to do something then it's expected. The nerve.

I'm thrilled that the feeling of wanting to do this is still hanging in there.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

This shit was the best thing I have cooked in my entire life. Award worthy even.
(03-25-2013, 06:13 AM)Duchess Wrote:

This shit was the best thing I have cooked in my entire life. Award worthy even.

I'm thrilled it was a big hit for you!!!! I love it, Sally's right on with her recipe top notch and Cento are the best ever.
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
(03-27-2013, 02:07 PM)NightOwl Wrote: I'm thrilled it was a big hit for you!!!!

Me too! I applauded. Hahaha. It was very easy & not at all time consuming.

I shouldn't have referred to it as shit :(
You can use it for vodka sauce too. Just replace the wine with vodka and stir in some heavy cream at the end.
Hmmmmmmmmm.....I wonder if this corned beef cabbage stuff is still good.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
No. Don't eat it if wasn't frozen. I don't eat anything after a few days. I'm not going out like that.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Kinda late for that. hah Good stuff still ........I think. My second fridge is set for 34 deg so my beer stays cold. Close enough?
Eh, it will clean you out. Most refrigerators are set at 34, food still grows bacteria and mold. But men are built differently and seem to get away with eating questionable things. Just make sure you cover everything. That freaks me out thinking about it.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
It was in a tupperware thing and still smelled good. I will update this in the AM ........or the middle of the night between spasms.
(03-18-2013, 08:56 PM)sally Wrote: Boil shells until al dente, drain and stuff with mixture of ricotta, 1 egg, chopped fresh parsley, a little cottage cheese, a dash of nutmeg and grated mozzarella and parmesan. Stuff shells with ricotta mixture.

Top with homemade sauce...

1 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
2 tsp. minced garlic
12 cup of dry red wine( I use Chianti)
1 tsp. salt
12 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. sugar
12 tbsp. chopped fresh basil

Cook onions in oil for about 2 minutes, add rest of ingredients and simmer for about 20 minutes. Add Meat if desired. Pour over shells and bake until hot and bubbly, top with shredded mozzarella at the last 5 minutes.

Would you use this for lasagna? If not, do you have a recipe for it? I've tried and failed several times with lasagna, the pasta was like cardboard and the entire dish was dry. I didn't think I'd be interested in giving it another shot but if I could get it to turn out like the shells it would be worth another attempt.
You can use it for lasagna too. Maybe try layering more sauce in between so it isn't so dry and make sure you cover the edges of the lasagna completely with sauce or they'll dry out and get crunchy while baking. They have the No Boil Noodles which is probably a lot easier, but I haven't tried them because the regular ones always come out good for me. I just boil them according to the package directions which I think is about 9-10 minutes.
(03-28-2013, 09:38 AM)sally Wrote: You can use it for lasagna too. Maybe try layering more sauce in between so it isn't so dry and make sure you cover the edges of the lasagna completely with sauce or they'll dry out and get crunchy while baking. They have the No Boil Noodles which is probably a lot easier, but I haven't tried them because the regular ones always come out good for me. I just boil them according to the package directions which I think is about 9-10 minutes.

Duchess, I have used both style lasagna noodle, the No Boil work out great! I've used them many times, the key is as Sally stated make sure the pasta noodle is well covered.

Fling on 'Nine' and away you go.
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
With Duchess' recent forays into the kitchen, I contacted a geologist friend to check and see if Hell is beginning to freeze.

I'll let you know when I get his report.

(Is it a coincidence that the harbingers of the apocalypse ride horses, too?)

Hahaha! You're not the only one who thinks Hell might be freezing over. Smiley_emoticons_wink
Cowboy is going to expect you to cook all the time if you keep this up.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies

Nooooo. He's knows better.
(03-27-2013, 04:29 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(03-27-2013, 02:07 PM)NightOwl Wrote: I'm thrilled it was a big hit for you!!!!

Me too! I applauded. Hahaha. It was very easy & not at all time consuming.

I'm inspired.

Making sally's sauce on Sunday; gonna try it with fresh tomatoes.

We're having feta, artichoke, and spinach jumbo stuffed shells, wine and (bakery-bought) tiramisu.