Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The handicapped lady I work with was on TV
This is cool. The handicapped lady I work with was on TV last night. One of the local news channels has a segment called Waste Watch, about how the government wastes our taxpayer dollars. Her issue was when she moved to a new home, the Developmental Disabilities Service Office would not pay to move her automatic door opener and her ceiling track system to the new place. They said that they WOULD pay to install new...at more money. They said to just take down the old equipment and toss it out. Here is link to the video story

http://www.13wham.com/content/news/waste...j37Sg.cspx
Good for that family for speaking up and holding out for the older equipment!
Commando Cunt Queen
Tell Kim I said "Good for her!!" Blowing-kisses And where are my thimble pictures? dammit.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(05-16-2013, 12:42 PM)Maggot Wrote: Tell Kim I said "Good for her!!" Blowing-kisses And where are my thimble pictures? dammit.

I will Maggot....and will take pictures of thimbles tomorrow!!
I think I've seen that girl around town. There's a lot of crosstraffic between agencies and I do a lot of medical appointments at various MR/DD focused facilities. Wouldn't it be funny if we actually knew each other IRL or had interacted?
(05-16-2013, 01:42 PM)Donovan Wrote: I think I've seen that girl around town. There's a lot of crosstraffic between agencies and I do a lot of medical appointments at various MR/DD focused facilities. Wouldn't it be funny if we actually knew each other IRL or had interacted?

Quite possible. She does get around. Spent many years in CPRochester day program. Then about 8 years ago started volunteering at the Self Advocacy office at DDSO. Does presentations at CDR too.
I know people who went to work at both agencies, and I do business with their dental program. It's a small world. About a month ago I saw a yellow vehicle rolling through my neighborhood with "Queen Bee" on the window. I thought, "Could it be...? Nahhhh." But still, ya never know. I waved just in case.
She does go to CP Dental program as well. QueenBee car is not me.
No stalker. lol