Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
*SIGH*

I can't find anything to cook in this forum. I don't even know what I want other than it needs to be enough to feed a bunch of people...like a pot of something. It's too warm for chili.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I think I'm going to make spaghetti and meatballs. We won't have a fridge until Monday but I'm sick of eating out. So I'll make a small pot. No leftovers. :(
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Mexican.
Fajitas are always a hit, at least at my house.
Chop up a bunch of onions, tomatoes, cilantro, cut up some limes, grate some cheese, make some guac. Throw all that in separate bowls. Grill some skirt steak.
Ya might need a margarita or a Corona to go with it.
I can roll that dinner out for 6 or 8 people in about an hour.

if you like fish tacos, same deal but sub in fried pieces of Tilapia or catfish
Close that damn refridgerator door!!! 16
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch How did you know?
Cook up a couple of pans of loaded chicken and potatoes:

Cut a bunch of red potatoes and chicken up into cubes. Toss it with some olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, pepper and hot sauce.

Bake in oven at 350 for 1 hour. While that is baking, cook up 1 lb of bacon (per pan of the casserole). Crumble after cooking. Place crumbled bacon over potato and chicken mixture after it is cooked. Add shredded cheese of your choice and diced green onions. Bake for an additional 10 minutes until cheese is melted.

Serve with additional hot sauce, ranch dressing, sour cream, or any of your favorite toppings.
Is your bad etiquette hand towel guest still there? If so then send her ass to the kitchen to cook up a mess of vittles.
A mess of vittles is always a good bet.

A couple of buckets of Popeye's fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and biscuits works well for a crowd of sports fans too (well, in my small crowd anyway).

A couple of trays of homemade ground beef enchiladas (super easy) and some chips and salsa never fails either.
(10-04-2013, 07:08 PM)sally Wrote: Is your bad etiquette hand towel guest still there? If so then send her ass to the kitchen to cook up a mess of vittles.

No but everyone will wish she was. On one of the last gamedays she made a shit ton of fried chicken & other stuff, they thought that was just great. Nom Nom Nom. She put some stuff in the freezer but it's not enough to feed a crowd.
(10-04-2013, 07:36 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: A couple of trays of homemade ground beef enchiladas (super easy) and some chips and salsa never fails either.

Sally suggested Mexican too. Super easy, huh? I know I can handle the chips & salsa, I'll go look at an enchilada recipe.
(10-04-2013, 04:29 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch How did you know?

You sounded like it, I do it sometimes then wrap a chunk of deli meat in some cheese then wrap that in lettuce with some honey mustard, and walk away sticking it into my maw of a mouth. I have learned that one slice of each is the same as 3 so that a napkin is not required.............just stealth.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Thanks for the ideas, Mockers. I've decided to go with...baked ziti. hah
STOP !!!! I'm fasting for blood work.
[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]
Cost Co. and finger foods. When I don't feel like "cooking" I just cook up a bunch of chicken wings, assorted chips and dips and maybe a crudite platter for health and call it a day. CostCo. has all kinds of appetizers. You could get some meats/cheeses/rolls and just let people make their own sammiches too (I just said that to be annoying).

If you're cooking for a football game, I think it's easier just to let people munch on stuff the entire time they're there versus trying to serve a meal.
Commando Cunt Queen
Mix the ziti noodles with ricotta cheese before you put the sauce on and bake. It's really good!!
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(10-06-2013, 04:18 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Mix the ziti noodles with ricotta cheese before you put the sauce on and bake. It's really good!!

I sorta, kinda did that. I created layers with al dente ziti, sauce & the very same cheese mixture I use for stuffing shells. I served it all buffet style after the game.

Mmmm garlic bread, with lots of garlic. Aaaaaaaa, smell it?
I like to eat whole garlic cloves drizzled with some good olive oil with crusty French bread and cheese, but I'm sure I smell like hell after eating it and it's probably not good for my thighs.

Horses like garlic too & often get it as a supplement. It's recognized as having healing/cleansing properties but as with most things, don't overdue it as it can cause anemia.
I bought some fresh fish from a fishmonger today and we are going to BBQ them tomorrow. It's getting warm here. Hooray time to enjoy the outdoors. I use that BBQ nearly everyday in Summer time. Well, not everyday, but frequently.