Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Desert island discs
Desert island discs is a national institution in the UK on BBC radio 4. Many famous people go on it politicians, actors, celebrities, sportsmen etc.

You have to imagine you are stuck alone on a desert island for life.

You have to pick 8 tunes you could play anytime you wanted, one book of your choice and finally one none practical luxury item.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Gonna have to think about this for a minute.

Do you have a desert island disc package established, CN?
Book: The Bible
8 tunes: I'd have a hard time picking my 8 favorite Weird Al tunes.
Luxury item: iPod pre-loaded with 10,000 songs.
(12-14-2013, 12:22 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Luxury item: iPod pre-loaded with 10,000 songs.

Thus completely missing the point of only being allowed to have 8 tunes entirely.

Jesus Christ.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
You never said we weren't allowed to cheat or find a loophole.
(12-14-2013, 11:49 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Do you have a desert island disc package established, CN?

Yeah pretty much.

Tunes - each one from a different favourite genre, so....

Hip hop/rap - Public Enemy - Fight the Power
Punk - The Clash - London Calling
House/techno - Stakker Humanoid - Humanoid
Heavy Metal - Pantera - Broken
Pop - David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes
Classical - Peter and the Wolf - Prokofiev
And the last two would be the same band my favourite band of all time...
Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart and She's Lost Control.

The book would be a big colour coffee table book of art with big colours pictures of famous paintings, sculptures and other works of art.

Luxury item would be a suitcase full of Heroine so I could A - get as high as a kite when I got really bored (which you will let's face it) and B - so I could shuffle off this mortal coil if it all got too much.

Is there food there? I'm bringing a shit ton of weed and I just know I'll get the munchies.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(12-14-2013, 12:33 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: You never said we weren't allowed to cheat or find a loophole.

Why would you want to cheat or find a loophole?

It isn't a test or a quiz or a riddle. Its just a way of finding more out about someone. It isn't a trap to try and catch you out either Do you not understand that having an ipod with 10,000 songs on it makes your choice of 8 completely meaningless?

Sigh.
(12-14-2013, 12:41 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Is there food there? I'm bringing a shit ton of weed and I just know I'll get the munchies.

Yeah there's an infinite supply of food you don't have to worry about starving or dying of thirst.
(12-14-2013, 11:33 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: You have to pick 8 tunes you could play anytime you wanted, one book of your choice and finally one none practical luxury item.

Love Song - 311

My remaining 7 choices would be anything by Led Zeppelin because I never grow tired of hearing any of their music.

The book would be the Bible. Reading it would bore me stiff so I know it would last me the rest of my days.

A shit ton of weed.
Anything by Mozart probably Don Giovanni
Webster's dictionary
An infinite supply of fireworks and matches.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(12-14-2013, 01:19 PM)Maggot Wrote: Webster's dictionary
An infinite supply of fireworks and matches.

Lol.

They were jokes right?

Said for comic effect right?

Right?

I think he's serious.
I was serious, think about it. My night life would be a blast.

I think you're "deep", Maggot. Way deeper than most give you credit for and I'm pretty sure Hot D recognizes it too.
I'm deep alright people always say "well?" to me all the time.
A dictionary?

Why in the name of Satans hairy ballsack would you choose to take a dictionary?! Of all the millions of literary works of genius written throughout history he could have chosen he chose a dictionary? A book rendered entirely pointless on its own? A book of reference when you have nothing whatsoever that would need any reference?

It may be the most stupid choice in the history of desert island discs.

And the capstone to the pyramid of stupidity? Luxury item? An endless supply of fireworks?! So he is saying he could watch fireworks every night for the rest of his life and NEVER get bored of them?

Jesus Christ.

I think for me two weeks absolute tops then I would be sick to death of fucking fireworks.

I've always pictured Satan as being one who shaved his cojones. His goatee is always impeccably groomed and I think he would keep his balls the same way.
(12-14-2013, 01:57 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I've always pictured Satan as being one who shaved his cojones. His goatee is always impeccably groomed and I think he would keep his balls the same way.

I always picture the fallen angel with broken wings, the only angel in heaven with the guts to say to god “erm....I have a question?”
(12-14-2013, 12:44 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:
(12-14-2013, 12:33 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: You never said we weren't allowed to cheat or find a loophole.

Why would you want to cheat or find a loophole?

It isn't a test or a quiz or a riddle. Its just a way of finding more out about someone. It isn't a trap to try and catch you out either Do you not understand that having an ipod with 10,000 songs on it makes your choice of 8 completely meaningless?

Sigh.
well then there you go. You found out I like to take the easy way out/cheat when faced with tough decisions.