Poll: Do you still have a landline phone?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1. Yes
64.29%
9 64.29%
2. No
35.71%
5 35.71%
3. I don't understand the question
0%
0 0%
4. Purple
0%
0 0%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you still have a landline phone?
In another thread, Liquid claims that landline phones are a thing of the past. Do you still have one?
Yes, every room in my home has a phone except for the guest bathroom, I even put one in the master bath, no shit, every time I enter that room the damn phone rings.

Jesus Christ, can I make one fuckin' post anymore that does not have to be edited for failure to proofread.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Nope, no landline phone. My sister and my dad are without landlines as well. I think Liquid is probably right.
[user=7]Sinister[/user] wrote:
Quote:Nope, no landline phone. My sister and my dad are without landlines as well. I think Liquid is probably right.
I'm sure if you beg and grovel at the feet of your more well off benefactors they will able to provide you with the funds to get a "luxury" item like a landline.
Just remember not to say thanks and to never contact them again/call them cunts as usual.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:[user=7]Sinister[/user] wrote:
Quote:Nope, no landline phone. My sister and my dad are without landlines as well. I think Liquid is probably right.
I'm sure if you beg and grovel at the feet of your more well off benefactors they will able to provide you with the funds to get a "luxury" item like a landline.
Just remember not to say thanks and to never contact them again/call them cunts as usual.
Why would I even want a landline? I get along just fine ignoring my cell. Weak effort at a mock that doesn't even make sense, doofus. Maybe you got ridden hard and put away wet and it clouded your alleged brain?
[user=7]Sinister[/user] wrote:
Quote:Why would I even want a landline?

You're right of course, having a landline is just a superfluous status symbol, right?

::nuts::::doh::
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:[user=7]Sinister[/user] wrote:
Quote:Why would I even want a landline?
You're right of course, having a landline is just a superfluous status symbol, right?

::nuts::::doh::
No, braindead, why would I waste money paying for something I don't need since I have my cell phone? Did you ingest something that made you more ignorant than usual today?
Sinister Wrote:Nope, no landline phone. My sister and my dad are without landlines as well. I think Liquid is probably right.
Not based on the poll so far.

It'd be interesting to poll a larger forum and see what the numbers show.
LuMPyPussy Wrote:
Sinister Wrote:Nope, no landline phone. My sister and my dad are without landlines as well. I think Liquid is probably right.
Not based on the poll so far.

It'd be interesting to poll a larger forum and see what the numbers show.
Actually, a lot of people I work with only have cells. I was surprised but they say they don't need a land line. The whole family has their own cells so they are set.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
We keep our home phone because your cell phone (in Cal. at least-) doesn't reach 911 as quickly as those calls are routed to the CHP and not right to Emergency dispatch.

I think it's worth keeping for that reason alone.
OnBendedKnee Wrote:We keep our home phone because your cell phone (in Cal. at least-) doesn't reach 911 as quickly as those calls are routed to the CHP and not right to Emergency dispatch.

That's one reason why I keep mine. If I ever need to call 911, my address shows up. With the cell, you have to give all that info. I don't know who gets the call though. Maybe it depends on what cell tower you call goes through?
Plus, really. What are we paying for home phones these days? It can't be that much.
OnBendedKnee Wrote:Plus, really. What are we paying for home phones these days? It can't be that much.
Mine is part of the internet, cable, phone package. I have unlimited long distance which is good because I have family and friends all over the country. I can talk for as long as I want. Too bad I hate talking on the phone. ::lmao::
I'd rather I didn't but the old lady wants to alleviate the brain frying capabilities (too late) of a cell phone, even though we've got those too.
Fug duh kund
OnBendedKnee Wrote:Plus, really. What are we paying for home phones these days? It can't be that much.
Minimum here is $14.95 (US of course) which is 300 minutes local and NO long distance. If you want an unlimited local calling plan minimum is like $20. Our local phone company's DSL is nuts-o too. $80/mo for a 1 meg connection, IF you have a phone with them. Add another $10 if you don't have a phone. Lame.
ramseycat Wrote:
OnBendedKnee Wrote:We keep our home phone because your cell phone (in Cal. at least-) doesn't reach 911 as quickly as those calls are routed to the CHP and not right to Emergency dispatch.

That's one reason why I keep mine. If I ever need to call 911, my address shows up. With the cell, you have to give all that info. I don't know who gets the call though. Maybe it depends on what cell tower you call goes through?
Unless you have some funky service, all cell phones I've ever used send a signal that can be tracked so emergency teams can find you, even if you aren't able to speak.
SyberBitch Wrote:
ramseycat Wrote:

Unless you have some funky service, all cell phones I've ever used send a signal that can be tracked so emergency teams can find you, even if you aren't able to speak.
All cell's can be tracked using triangulation. And most newer phones have E-911, which includes Emergency only GPS services. However triangulation/GPS still have to be directed in, and that can take extra time. However, most cell phones can be setup to display your name & address on caller ID as well. Mine is.
What good is your address going to be when you're trapped in the back of a Dodge Dart, traveling 82 MPH in a school zone? Huh, smart guy? Just answer that!
LuMPyPussy Wrote:What good is your address going to be when you're trapped in the back of a Dodge Dart, traveling 82 MPH in a school zone? Huh, smart guy? Just answer that!
Did I say it was? That was just pointing out that cells can be caller ID'ed same as landline, so at home there is no difference and the argument that was made for a landline being better because it can give them your address and everything is hogwash. Ya know, the part that was italicized and bold in my quote. Or did you miss that?
I was attempting a little levity unless you find yourself trapped in the back of a Dodge Dart on a regular basis in which case, I sincerely apologize for the thoughtless comment.