Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
LIFELONG ABUSE

I'll include the link so you all can read it, it's a bit lengthy.

Six men have been accused of sexually abusing their sister for years. It began when she was 4 and ended when she was 15. The mother knew and did nothing.

Deputies charged the six brothers, ranging in age from 19 to 27, on May 6, with a number of crimes related to the alleged sexual abuse of their 16-year-old sister. The sheriff said the alleged abuse began when the girl was 4 years old and continued until she was almost 15.

Authorities have identified the brothers as Aaron Jackson, 19, Benjamin Jackson, also 19, Nathaniel Jackson, 21, Mathew Jackson, 23, Jon Jackson, 25, and Eric Jackson, 27.

Charges against the brothers range from rape to sexual assault, according to Tilley.

The men's parents, John Jackson, 65 and Nita Jackson, 54, face charges of felony child abuse.

"Part of the investigation revealed that, at one point, the mother observed some of this activity and never did anything about it," Tilley said of the charges against the parents.

Tilley described the family as "bizarre" and said he believes the father is "anti-government" and "anti-schools."

"The children were home schooled with very limited education," said the sheriff. "They were very private and the whole yard has a fence around it -- like a little compound. They're very different."

The allegations of abuse surfaced in December 2012, when Eric Jackson allegedly told the pastor at Hope Baptist Church in Wake Forest, North Carolina, about the alleged abuse.

"He confided in his pastor and his pastor told him that was wrong and not the way normal families are," said Tilley.

After speaking with the pastor, Eric Jackson allegedly went to the Perquimans County Sheriff's Office and told them that he, along with five of his siblings, had been sexually abusing their sister.

"From there, we had two more brothers confirm what he said," Tilley said.

Story
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
[Image: slide_349266_3731080_free.jpg]

[Image: slide_349266_3731084_free.jpg]

[Image: slide_349266_3731081_free.jpg]

[Image: slide_349266_3731082_free.jpg]

[Image: slide_349266_3731083_free.jpg]

[Image: slide_349266_3731085_free.jpg]

[Image: slide_349266_3731086_free.jpg]

[Image: slide_349266_3731087_free.jpg]
Wow. I don't even know what to say. The oldest brother was told by their Pasteur their behavior was abnormal? That to me says he was taught to abuse his sister. Those parents should be put on a prison with the worst most violent prisoners and let them "punish" the parents.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(05-14-2014, 05:57 PM)ramseycat Wrote: The oldest brother was told by their Pasteur their behavior was abnormal?

I'm left with the impression that those young men were never socialized. They didn't know what they were doing was wrong. They were secluded. I don't know what to think, really.
Way weird
I think it will be tough to convict the sons if it can be shown that the parents kept them isolated from the outside world and knew about the incest but didn't intervene or advise the boys that what they were doing was wrong. That gives defense attorneys a lot with which to work.

Hard to believe that the parents, at their ages, were also never socialized and didn't know any differently. I'd be surprised if they weren't found criminally responsible, no matter what happens with the sons.

The girl was isolated too, according to what's known now. Goes to figure she had no baseline to gauge "normal" either. Doesn't appear she knew any different, or maybe she did and wasn't empowered to voice her complaints/questions until her brother opened the door. Hope she's okay.

Sad and bizarre. This is a case that those who oppose home-schooling will certainly latch onto, IMO. While I believe, based on what I've read, that most parents who choose to home school do so because they feel they can offer a better education than the school system, there is no doubt that some keep their kids outta school because they don't want them exposed to society nor aware/concerned about what is normal and acceptable outside of a controlled environment.

I have some compassion for them right now because I believe they didn't know any better. They'll probably put into some kind of counseling/therapy and once they have a true understanding of how wrong that was they might be fucked up beyond repair.
I wonder if the parents actually taught/encouraged the boys to have sex with their sister, or if they instead found out about it after-the-fact and did nothing to stop it?

That will probably make a difference in the likelihood of getting convictions against the parents and the sons.

The boys reportedly read and believed the Bible, so they presumably knew what they were doing was wrong according to their religion. That could work against them, regardless of whether the parents played an active or passive role in the incest/sexual abuse.

But, I also wonder about whether the parents taught/encouraged it as opposed to be completely passive about it because it raises a disturbing question for me about pedophilia. The girl was allegedly 4 years old when her brothers began having sex with her. Whether they were isolated and non-socialized or not, what drove three teen boys to all want to have sex with a baby, sister or not, if they weren't taught to do so? For the younger boys, was it learned behavior from the older brothers (or parents)?, or was it an inherent/genetic desire for them?

"Nature vs. nurture (or lack of nurture)?". There will probably be a lot of related questions put forth in the courtroom if they don't plead guilty and the cases go to trial.