Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Country western anyone?
A little Johnny. Blowing-kisses Just in case.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Damned (George) straight, boy!

Luvs me some Honky Tonks!

For you, Maggot.

Always loved it here in Dixie...
I could watch and listen to Emmylou Harris sing for hours.

And Linda Rondstadt and Dolly Parton are no slouches either.

Beautiful trio of voices.
Love the older Country Music. Hank Jr is my favorite. I saw him in concert when I was 18. I was dragged there kicking and screaming against my will and it's probably in my top five favorite concerts.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(05-26-2014, 10:17 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Hank Jr is my favorite.

This is my fav Hank song. He did something un-PC and they took him away. I can't even recall what it was.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I remember Hank Jr. got himself into some hot water a few years back when he did an interview and compared President Obama's and Speaker Boehner's clashes to a golf game between Hitler and Netanyahu and then called Obama the enemy.

Anyway, this is my favorite of his songs -- I think I posted it in another thread some time back.

The whole album is awesome; great road-trip music.
(05-27-2014, 09:20 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I remember Hank Jr. got himself into some hot water a few years back when he did an interview and compared President Obama's and Speaker Boehner's clashes to a golf game between Hitler and Netanyahu and then called Obama the enemy.

Ah yes, NOW I recall. It affected me so deeply I pushed it into the dark recesses of my mind.
(05-27-2014, 09:22 AM)Duchess Wrote: Ah yes, NOW I recall. It affected me so deeply I pushed it into the dark recesses of my mind.[/i][/size]

Smiley_emoticons_smile Yeah, I think most of society is still trying to recover from the offense.

Word has it, Ted Nugent is responsible for a lot of emotional trauma inflicted upon the public as well.

Opinionated bastards -- exercising their rights to free speech and all!
At the risk of discrediting myself as a hard core rock-n-roller, there are a couple of country songs that I'll have a listen to on occasion:

This one...probably because it resembles on of my favorite Three Dog Night tunes, Shambala.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

Well fuck, I've tried 3 different videos from Youtube, and none of them show in the post.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

That's very odd. Can you send me the link, please?
(05-27-2014, 09:38 AM)thekid65 Wrote: Well fuck, I've tried 3 different videos from Youtube, and none of them show in the post.

I could see your link in quote mode -- I think you used the "Yahoo" rather than "Youtube" video option. It took me to a Shambala video.

I love that song too -- so thanks!

But, now I'm curious about your invisible country fave.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZSiBj4vCiY

Kid's gonna try to blame Buddy for his post flub, I just know it.
Sorry Duchess, try again with my post..I posted the wrong link. Here, I'll try.

Well fuck me...I must have been doing something wrong. Carry on...

(05-27-2014, 09:47 AM)thekid65 Wrote: Well fuck me...I must have been doing something wrong. Carry on...

It's a good song -- never heard the version you posted before.

I like it.

It's originally a Three Dog Night song too, I think.