Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
SHOULD LE GIVE THIS MOM A BREAK? Murder of Tylea Moore
[Image: Joshua-Beard-and-Alexis-Botello-664x370.jpg]
Joshua Beard, Alexis Botello, Tylea Moore (RIP).

Joshua Beard, 20, beat and stomped his 17-year-old girlfriend's 19-month-old daughter, Tylea Moore, to death on July 4th.

Beard had been dating the baby's mother, Alexis Botello for four months and the couple lived together. The father of the baby, Chris Moore, is a Marine (no age given; but Alexis would have been 15 when she gave birth).

After killing Tylea, the couple went to Walmart where they were captured on surveillance video buying gloves and two shovels.

The couple then drove to a remote area, dug a grave under a bridge, wrapped the little girl in a small blue blanket and buried her, according to the police report.

Investigators said they uncovered the body after Botello admitted her involvement and showed police the location. Botello claims she tried to stop Beard when he was punching and stomping her daughter to death, but he beat and choked her too.

[Image: o-BOTELLOBEARD-570.jpg?3]
Beard has been charged with capital murder. His bail has been set at $1 million. Botello has been charged as an adult with tampering with evidence of a human corpse and injury to a child. Her bail has been set at $125,000.

Chris Moore, the baby's father, made a statement -- he thinks police should view Alexis as a victim in fear for her life. He says that there are photos of Alexis all bruised-up from Beard.

Ricardo Botello is Alexis' father and Tylea's grandfather. "It hasn't been good. I'm not doing well," he said. "My family is in disarray." "I'm praying my daughter didn't have anything to do with this," Botello said prior to his daughter's arrest Wednesday night.

Refs:
http://crimefeed.com/2014/07/boyfriend-a...ilds-body/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/11..._ref=crime
---------------------------------------------------------------

I read a lot of comments attached to this case news by people who think that Alexis should not have been arrested because she is an abuse victim.

There were also plenty of comments from mothers and fathers who said that, unlike Alexis Botello, they would have died trying to save their babies.

What do you think?

Simply from reading what is in the post I have to say no. She may not have been able to stop him from beating her child but she had opportunities after the fact to bring attention to this horror.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I struggle to believe that someone could make me that scared that I 1) Would not die trying to stop them killing my child 2) Make me complicit with the murder by accompanying them to a supermarket to buy equipment to bury said child and 3) Not be screaming from the rooftops immediately the murder was committed.

Given, I've never been a 17 year old mother, but I'd like to think my behaviour would have been as I have stated as a 17 year old father. I think she got a big dose of the guilts and is trying to save her ass..
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021

I hate seeing women say they are or were powerless. I rarely believe it.
She is being given a break in my opinion. She could be charged as an accomplice to capital murder. The charges you mentioned, she'd spend what a max of 3-5 years in jail? Judge could go lenient due to abuse and give her 9 months? Maybe even just make it 2 years probation. I think that's absolutely fair to a woman that helped her bf bury her own child.
(07-14-2014, 09:49 AM)crash Wrote: I struggle to believe that someone could make me that scared that I 1) Would not die trying to stop them killing my child 2) Make me complicit with the murder by accompanying them to a supermarket to buy equipment to bury said child and 3) Not be screaming from the rooftops immediately the murder was committed.

Given, I've never been a 17 year old mother, but I'd like to think my behaviour would have been as I have stated as a 17 year old father. I think she got a big dose of the guilts and is trying to save her ass..

I've never been a 17 year-old mother either, but I feel the same way.

Botello wasn't being held at gunpoint, she was in a very public place immediately after the murder and could have gotten help right then -- without having to assist the killer hide his crimes and bury her baby's badly beaten corpse. I can't see any innocent person at any age making the choice she made.

I suspect that Botello was more worried about protecting and keeping her boyfriend of 4 months than about justice and doing right by her dead daughter -- until they got caught and CYA set in.

I also agree with Cutz that the charges she's currently facing are a gift. I wish she was facing hard time, but LE may be going easy on her because they need her to testify against Beard in order to put him away for life or on death row (he's as low as they come and deserves the max).
Dating 4 months and already living together? I don't like that. I need more information before I can give an opinion. Except to say if kill any fucker that hurt one of my kids.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(07-14-2014, 05:59 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Dating 4 months and already living together?

That's what I thought too! That leads me to believe she was desperate and it's that same desperation for a man that led her to help cover this up.

See how I justify my poor opinion of her. Works for me. Smiley_emoticons_smile
(07-14-2014, 06:05 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-14-2014, 05:59 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Dating 4 months and already living together?

That's what I thought too! That leads me to believe she was desperate and it's that same desperation for a man that led her to help cover this up.

See how I justify my poor opinion of her. Works for me. Smiley_emoticons_smile

Doesn't look like she was one for intelligent choices. I would like to throw her off a bridge, but she did lead police to the body, no info on how she got involved with them.
Fry the asshole, dont even bother with jail.
(07-14-2014, 08:05 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Doesn't look like she was one for intelligent choices. I would like to throw her off a bridge, but she did lead police to the body, no info on how she got involved with them.
Fry the asshole, dont even bother with jail.

Found a bit from an older article with that pertinent info, Six.

Snip:
The child's mother, 17-year-old Alexis Botello, reported Tylea was missing on Sunday (HOTD: Tylea was killed on Friday), but investigators quickly surmised that her story was not adding up.

"The story began to unravel, and we began to think the child's welfare was definitely in jeopardy," said Arlington police Lt. Chris Cook.

Botello soon admitted she was present when Tylea was being beaten, according to the search warrant. She told police that Beard also hit her.

Beard and Botello put Tylea's body in the trunk of her car; they then drove away, stopping at a Wal-Mart in Weatherford to buy gloves and two shovels, she told police.

Botello showed officers where Tylea had been buried, under a bridge near Springtown in rural Parker County. Police recovered shovels that had been hidden in trees along the side of the road.

The news came as a shock to members of Botello's family.

"How could a mother... my daughter... see that somebody is hurting your baby and not come at them like a lioness and rip them a new one?" asked Ricardo Botello, the victim's grandfather.

Ricardo said he and his daughter hadn't talked much lately, and that he had serious concerns about her relationship with Beard. He said the family is devastated.

Full story: http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Man-accus...05411.html

-------------------------------------------------
Botello's not been charged with obstruction of justice or filing a false police report, AFAIK. Personally, I consider her an accomplice. Gotta think she's getting a sweet deal for cooperating in the case against Beard.
Texas will fry his ass, no doubt. She might skate, but I doubt it.
Beard will never see the light of day again -- as it should be. I don't doubt that. I hope you're right about Botello, but I think she's gonna skate. She'll do less than a couple of years in exchange for a guilty plea to the existing charges and agreement to testify against Beard. IMO.

Today was the first I heard of this case. I've just read a few older articles and the search warrant for the hotel where Beard and Botello stayed after they buried Tylea. Warning: it's very difficult to read the details of what was done to Tylea on page 5 of the PDF. WARRANT: http://media.star-telegram.com/smedia/20....So.58.pdf

Beard is said to have been an asshole abuser by many -- I think that's gonna help Botello avoid serious charges.

[Image: 4167996_G.jpg]
The baby's father, Chris Moore, (pictured above with Tylea) does not want Botello prosecuted, which I think is also gonna help Botello. He doesn't believe she belongs in jail and he says he loves and supports her. Ref: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/25980892/f...speaks-out

P.s. this case reminds me of baby Elaina Steinfurth's. But, unlike Angela Steinfurth, Alexis Botello didn't lie for months on end while LE and the community searched in vain for her daughter -- I think that's gonna work in Alexis Botello's favor too.
I'm not reading that.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

I did. As with many of these kind of stories I hope for some jailhouse justice. I want him to suffer as well as being incarcerated and/or put to death.