Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Birth Photography
I saw an ad on FB the other day, where a woman was looking for a photographer to come to her home and take pics of the birth of her baby.

From the amount of suggestions under the original post, there are quite a few photographers around here willing to be on call and go photograph the birth of your child.

There would be no way in hell any type of camera is going into that delivery room, but I do realize other people would allow it.

On the other end of my thought was, what kind of person would be willing to go photograph a bloody twat with a head sticking out?

Ugh. *shudders*

I recently read about a photographer who takes pix of dead babies, those that are born dead or die shortly after birth. Parents want something to acknowledge their child. I can understand that better than I can having the birth photographed.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I cried when my kids were born, but I don't think I would if I watched a movie of it.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
No thank you!!!!! Even back when I was having my kids, a lot of people were videotaping the birth of their children and I never even considered it. We have one picture of me with my son mid-birth (my daughter had yet to be born) and my husband has his hand on my head turning me to face the camera. I look like a deer caught in the headlights, my lips (the ones on my face) are chapped and cracked and I've got a stupid shower cap on my head. That's enough for me. He got one with me and my son and I think another, 30 loooooooooong minutes later, of me with my daughter. The end.
Commando Cunt Queen
I didn't even allow my husband to be in the delivery room much less have it video taped. Call me crazy, but giving birth is just something I like to do in private except for the doctor and nurse that has to be there. No one needs to experience seeing me doing that. Well except for my mom who snuck her way in there when I had my first daughter.
As far as videotaping my hoohaa getting fucking shredded by an 8 lb 12 oz baby...nopeeee.

My husband has been at all of our kids births though 75

I loved having my husband there holding my hand so I could squeeze the shit out of it everytime I had a contraction hah
I'm probably one of the very few women that didn't want the father in there. He was alright with it and I don't think he really wanted to see it anyway... the pain, the crying, the blood, the shit if it happens to happen which you won't even know about as long as there is no one in there looking , meh it's overrated. He did get to come in immediately after though.
(10-03-2014, 10:26 AM)Maggot Wrote: I cried when my kids were born

I cried when your kids were born too.

You shoulda saved your tears for when Maytee Clarke's kids were born.

Guess where she's from...Ohio!
(10-03-2014, 11:16 PM)Cutz Wrote:
(10-03-2014, 10:26 AM)Maggot Wrote: I cried when my kids were born

I cried when your kids were born too.

(10-03-2014, 05:26 PM)sally Wrote: I'm probably one of the very few women that didn't want the father in there.

That's understandable.

You did have your husband in there though, right?

Run1
Fucking yuck HotD, what is wrong with you.

I was going to say husband instead of the father, but then I remembered that not every woman is married to their babies daddy.
I'm a little yucky and demented.

And, I'm only kidding.

I totally believe that your kids are your husband's offspring -- at least the older two.
Jesus Christ, I'm a retard. I thought you meant that it was understandable that I wouldn't want my own father in there.

Never mind, I know what you meant now. At least you don't seem so yucky anymore.
I saw this story about an Ohio birth yesterday.

[Image: cramblett-zinkon.jpg?w=420]
^Jennifer Cramblett (right) and her partner, Amanda Zinkon, from Uniontown, Ohio wanted to have children.

So, they went to the Midwest Sperm Bank in Chicago and poured over all kinds of sperm donor profiles, seeking a blonde blue-eyed donor so that the baby would resemble its mother. They chose donor #380 and the impregnation went as planned.

Zinkon was 5 months pregnant when the couple decided that they wanted more children and called the Midwest Sperm Bank to order more samples from donor #380. That's when Cramblett was informed that a mistake had been made. Her partner had been inseminated by donor #330.

"WTF?!', said Cramblett, "tell me about #330." "Well..............", said the clerk, "he's a black dude".

[Image: 33cecfd6bcb85f26610f6a70670019fe.jpg]
And, so, little Payton ^ was born. She's 'effin cute.

Payton's two-years-old now and Cramblett has filed suit against the Midwest Sperm Bank. She says that she and Zinkon love their child unconditionally, but want the sperm bank to pay for them to move out of their racially-intolerant town to an urban area with more diversity -- in order to minimize Payton being bullied and give her more exposure to other races.

Cramblett claims that as a lesbian growing up in podunk, she knows how it feels to be the victim of bigotry and doesn't want Payton to go through that. Cramblett says that she's suffering from anxiety and fear as a result of the sperm bank's mistake and also wants them to pay for counseling and such.

Plus, Cramblett has to drive far to an all-black neighborhood so Payton can have her hair done properly and that ain't cool.

The sperm donor was not in the delivery room. I don't know if any photos were taken during the birth.

Story: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local...story.html
(10-04-2014, 12:56 PM)sally Wrote: Jesus Christ, I'm a retard. I thought you meant that it was understandable that I wouldn't want my own father in there.

Never mind, I know what you meant now. At least you don't seem so yucky anymore.

hah Shit. I see now.

I wondered what the hell was so yucky about my jab.
hah...............Oh, the irony!
I just need to stay off of Facebook, I get so riled up at the ignorant, stupid, bigoted, hypocritical, and judgmental posts. The case of the gay couple getting the wrong sperm. Everyone who posts is making this about race and I think it is about malpractice. Yes, I know one of the parents said they needed to move out of their neighborhood, etc. This is a business which sells sperm to infertile couples and they need a tracking system for the obvious reasons, health record, race, religion, ethnicity, etc. They want a donor with similar characteristics to them, (the parents) which is not unreasonable at all. However, they receive a sperm donor from a black male. They made a serious mistake and I would sue. It is not about not loving that darling little girl or wanting to give her back, etc., it is about a serious mistake in a business transaction. Some people even suggested that since the couple was gay and not a normal family, what is the big deal about a mixed race child. These parents paid for a specific donor and they did not receive same. I regret to say, I called someone a name again. Need to go take my meds now.

Good for you! Horrible, ignorant people abound in our society and it's a wonderful thing when you and others like you speak up.
Cramblett definitely has a strong case against the Midwest Sperm Bank; the error that was made was huge and careless (a transposition in the order number) and the bank did not deliver what they promised to their customer.

Cramblett says that the bank didn't apologize or make any proactive attempts to address their carelessness. I think she'll win the case and get the $50k she's seeking.

I'm not sure if it's "malpractice" though, as I don't believe the bank itself performed any medical procedures?

My understanding is that the suit is based on "wrongful birth and breach of warranty".