Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Lee Roth
(01-14-2015, 06:30 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

96 DLR...21
(01-14-2015, 06:41 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote:
(01-14-2015, 06:30 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

96 DLR...21
Exactly... I'm not sure which is worse. His look or his performance. Hang it up Dave.
(01-14-2015, 06:41 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: 96 DLR...21

11 We have our memories, honey.

[Image: roth1.jpg]
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
They should just give it up after a certain age, how desperate could they be for money to make a fool of themselves. We went to the Oz Fest years ago, I think it was 2001 and Ozzy fell off the stage and broke his wrist.
(01-14-2015, 09:35 PM)sally Wrote: They should just give it up after a certain age, how desperate could they be for money to make a fool of themselves. We went to the Oz Fest years ago, I think it was 2001 and Ozzy fell off the stage and broke his wrist.

hah
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Man, that was painful to listen to. I saw him in the 90's. his band was the opening act...and I thought he should have hung it up back then.

Some of these guys/bands dont know how to go out at the top of their game. It really is a bit sad.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

I clicked on this because I was like "what what happened is he dead?".....that is not the case.

You people are bloody critical. Shame on you Blindgreed you would think you would know better. There was nothing wrong with that performance. He was backed by the Foo Fighters. There would have been rehearsals and sound checks.

You are looking at a youtube clip, you are not actually there to hear the actual performance the way it would have sounded. Also, he looks pretty good for his age, true, still too old for me, but he is taught, he can still kick. What do you people want?

As for Ozzy breaking his wrist....welcome to Rock and Roll. I would have paid just to see that.
(01-14-2015, 09:35 PM)sally Wrote: They should just give it up after a certain age, how desperate could they be for money to make a fool of themselves. We went to the Oz Fest years ago, I think it was 2001 and Ozzy fell off the stage and broke his wrist.
That was the tour with Mudvayne and Zombie. They opened that tour here on Halloween and Ozzy fell coming out of the shower and tweaked his knee. That was a rough tour for him. I was actually there when they told him about the bubble cannon (which later aired on their MTV reality series) because my little brother was running sound.
(01-15-2015, 09:07 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: I clicked on this because I was like "what what happened is he dead?".....that is not the case.

You people are bloody critical. Shame on you Blindgreed you would think you would know better. There was nothing wrong with that performance. He was backed by the Foo Fighters. There would have been rehearsals and sound checks.
You are looking at a youtube clip, you are not actually there to hear the actual performance the way it would have sounded. Also, he looks pretty good for his age, true, still too old for me, but he is taught, he can still kick. What do you people want?

As for Ozzy breaking his wrist....welcome to Rock and Roll. I would have paid just to see that.
Now I know why they call you crazy. Nothing wrong with that performance??? WTF is wrong with you? You need to consider the fact that Roth has likely performed that song 1000's of times in the past. I could do any number of my songs without ANY monitor sound just based on memory, throat positioning and breathing and at least come close if not nail the pitch. Dave couldn't carry a note if it had a handle on it. And as far as your foo fighter backing him excuse, Jimmy Page did just fine with them. A number of musicians do just fine with them. Grohl does many cameos on his tours. This is by far the worst I've ever heard. Don't make excuses for Dave, he had a choice to make the appearance or not and clearly he made a bad decision. Some voices age well. Some don't. Dave should have hung up the mic after his last solo tour.
(01-15-2015, 09:07 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: I clicked on this because I was like "what what happened is he dead?".....that is not the case.

Leave it to you to be the only person in here, and probably the only one in the whole fucking world to think that was a good performance.

NO...he doesn't look good at all. Other than being a crazy old bat, apparently you're blind now too.
Well, Dave was definitely off that night. I don't know if he's off in general these days, but that OP performance sucked.

Along with dead Elvis and gay guys, I think aussie's mentioned that Paul Stanley makes her heart throb.

I'd say Paul definitely had a better night fronting for the Foo Fighters than Diamond Dave done did.
I went to Oz fest in Germany I think it was 80-81 Van Halen played also and Vallerie Bertinnelli sat in a chair grooving to Eddies guitar. Ozzy still mumbled like a cartoon character way back then. I should find my old tickets to see who else played. It became a blurr towards the end and I was surprised I still had my camera the next day.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(01-16-2015, 03:17 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I'd say Paul definitely had a better night fronting for the Foo Fighters than Diamond Dave done did.

Yup, Paul still has his voice. Sounded very good. Another group I saw back in the 90's that was pretty depressing was Page/Plant. Jimmy did A-OK, albeit his fingers have definitely lost some agility. But Robert Plant...sigh....he was obviously done.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

(01-16-2015, 07:25 AM)thekid65 Wrote: Another group I saw back in the 90's that was pretty depressing was Page/Plant.

Hey! That might have been the very same tour I saw them on.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
You know what Blindgreed, that was an amateur recording. He was rocking the crowd because it was obviously different there than what you are watching on youtube. The sound would be different. The Foo Fighters are professionals they would have ensured that would have been a great performance. Do some research on the performance, what was the feedback from the fans.

You start on me Blindgreed, I will take you down.
(01-16-2015, 08:34 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: You know what Blindgreed, that was an amateur recording. He was rocking the crowd because it was obviously different there than what you are watching on youtube. The sound would be different. The Foo Fighters are professionals they would have ensured that would have been a great performance. Do some research on the performance, what was the feedback from the fans.

You start on me Blindgreed, I will take you down.
In order to "take me down" you're going to have to start by knowing what the fuck you're talking about Aussie. Clearly you don't have a clue. Below is a quote from a local rag that covered reactions to the concert.

"Other jilted fans went even further and suggested it’s officially time Roth retired because fans want to see a wild-haired Roth jumping around on stage, not the middle-aged bald one whose voice is shot and still acts like it’s 1984."
Here's some fan filmed footage of Perry Farrel from the same night. Strange how Perry is able to hit the notes from Jane's Addiction's "Mountain Song" isn't it. You know... Since the quality of his voice has everything to do with the quality of the video.

Yet another anomoly... Fan filmed footage, from the same night with Jack Black somehow hitting the notes on Led Zepplin's "Immigrant Song?" How is this possible?

Must just be a strage coincidence right Aussie?
BG that's one critic. I don't care about what critis ever say. Particularly in the music industry where the critics are incredibly pretentious.

Rock and Roll is not about hair. Look I think Paul McCartney is a mess but if he wants to do his thing and people are enjoying it go for it.

He is having fun. Brian Johnson from acdc wears the same sort of hat. People are getting something out of it. You are never too old to rock and roll. You don't get it.

I was going to call you a crass amateur. Then I remembered you're a drummer someone who hangs out with musicians.