Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What a cutie patootie
http://www.delish.com/food/recalls-revie...na-wdy0115
These ones aren't so cute.

http://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/10...ood-112671

Bummer. I like tuna a lot, now I'll be thinking about this every time I open a can.

[Image: B7vJ5rlCcAAqGOG.jpg:small][Image: B7vJ5rtCMAA-S5h.jpg:small]
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
[Image: 10-Chicken-head-in-McDonald-s-nuggets-1.jpg]
I don't think I'd be able to stop laughing if I came across ^this in a box of McNuggets. Freaky funny.

[Image: 04-Mouse-embedded-into-sandwich-bread-1.jpg]
And, I don't think I'd be able to stop crying if I came across ^this in a loaf of sandwich bread. Freaky gross.
You've probably consumed a few of those little buggers. The thing in the tuna can I mean, not the dead mouse or chicken head. Those would be hard to miss.
I wouldn't be surprised if I'd eaten mouse parts and chicken heads somewhere down the line too, just not fully in tact.

I've eaten at a lot of shithole diners on the road.

The tuna creatures are kinda cute. Not as cute as Wilson the blobfish, though. He has personality and looks.

I don't want to know if I've ever eaten anything like that. I'm skeeved just thinking about it. I've cooked pasta and found little bugs floating, yuk and I'm pretty sure I've eaten moldy bread. There's probably more but they escape me right now.
I kept hearing noises in my kitchen, coming from the pantry. Open the door, looked, several times.
Finally located the noise as coming from a couple boxes of Pasta. There were a couple hundred industrial mining looking bugs in there taking my pasta apart. The noise I was hearing was them crunching. I keep that kind of thing in the fridge now..
Where the hell do you get your pasta from Six, a church soup kitchen left open from the depression era?
LOL, Nope, was good stuff I had used the same brand many times. Never seen these lil bugs before, they looked like little mining machines.
I am a lil weird about my food, never buy "Bargan" brands, always good stuff.
No idea WTF the deal was with these, they were even fresh
[Image: B7vJ5rlCcAAqGOG.jpg:small][Image: B7vJ5rtCMAA-S5h.jpg:small]

So, the little creature is a very small, immature crab. That's what the tuna company is saying.

Or, it's a Cymothoa Exigua. That's what a scientist is saying.

The Cymothoa Exigua is more interesting -- it's a tongue-eating louse, a parasite that enters through the gills of a fish and attaches itself to the fish's tongue; cutie patootie may have been attached to a smaller fish that was later eaten by the tuna.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mysterious-c...dentified/

Tongue eating louse! Sonofabitch!
Welp I guess he's not so cute anymore. Nasty fuck.
Oh, my goodness, this should be called the Barf thread; I am never going to eat food again.....I will just stick to my trusty Ensure.....No creepy creatures in that!

I doubt I'll ever find tuna as appealing again.