Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WIFI EXTENDER

Do any of you have a wifi extender? I have questions.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(02-06-2015, 03:43 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Do any of you have a wifi extender? I have questions.

Not sure what that is? A router?

It's a gadget that extends one's wifi. Captain Obvious here. Ha! I want to push my wifi further outside my home. I'd prefer to talk to people who have actual experience with one rather than to the person who wants to sell me one.
You place it about halfway between your wireless router and the location you want to receive the stronger signal. some have ethernet connectors so you can hardwire to a hub. others just act as repeaters.
some are weatherproof and have parabolic antennae so you can aim them in a certain direction to concentrate your signal delivery.

Have you had experience with one, Zero? I ask because I want to know if they do what they say they will do. I want to extend by many feet, not just a few.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Uni-Dire...-Extender/

Some are as simple as raiding your kitchen and using a vegetable steamer and crazy glue.

[Image: FJQL3EP8VJEPUCHVMOMEDIUM.jpg]
(02-06-2015, 04:24 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Have you had experience with one, Zero? I ask because I want to know if they do what they say they will do. I want to extend by many feet, not just a few.

I have used one indoors, the Western Digital wifi extender that has an ethernet port to hardwire a desktop that is far from my source signal. I still use it to great advantage. I am guessing you want to use your wifi device at the pool or at an out building far from the house.
In NJ I have 2 acres and lots of trees. I was unsuccessful with wifi and resorted to a conduit with a 150ft ethernet cat6 cable and a switch at the other end. It proved to be the most reliable and strongest signal. At the source end I have wifi and 4 hard wired computers, and one desktop using the WD extender. At the receiving end I have wifi and 3 hard wired computers. It has been in place for 5 years and has not needed any repairs. The system has 3 seprate wifi broadcast signals each with their own passcodes.
Has anyone 1010 confirmed whether zero is a dude or a chick?
(02-06-2015, 06:02 PM)crash Wrote: Has anyone 1010 confirmed whether zero is a dude or a chick?

People used to speculate. I don't think anyone knows for sure.
(02-06-2015, 07:18 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-06-2015, 06:02 PM)crash Wrote: Has anyone 1010 confirmed whether zero is a dude or a chick?

Bruce Jenner isn't sure either

I feel sorry for that man. His sexuality is on the front page of every gossip rag in the land. I wonder if people in other countries are as nosy as so many Americans are.
(02-06-2015, 07:20 PM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote:
(02-06-2015, 07:18 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Bruce Jenner isn't sure either

Yeah..

I dunno, I always had you pegged as a female, you know, with all the shopped dick pics and stuff, but then..

(02-06-2015, 04:45 PM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote: In NJ I have 2 acres and lots of trees. I was unsuccessful with wifi and resorted to a conduit with a 150ft ethernet cat6 cable and a switch at the other end. It proved to be the most reliable and strongest signal. At the source end I have wifi and 4 hard wired computers, and one desktop using the WD extender. At the receiving end I have wifi and 3 hard wired computers. It has been in place for 5 years and has not needed any repairs. The system has 3 seprate wifi broadcast signals each with their own passcodes.

That's like total dude speak. Or an IT professional chick. Are you an IT geek, Zero?
I am an IT Geek
(02-06-2015, 07:44 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I feel sorry for that man. His sexuality is on the front page of every gossip rag in the land. I wonder if people in other countries are as nosy as so many Americans are.

Oh please...He out himself out there for public scrutiny. He loves it just as much as those Kardashian whores.
OK, So Dutch, did you get what you needed here?
I use a (an?) apple Time Capsule, it has a wifi extending gizmo in there that supposedly figures which direction you are from it and focuses that direction, thereby extending the limits of your personal wifi. Works for me, I can be all tha way out by the canal and the laptop works fine, 100 feet or so.
Haven't done any limit tests, but this thing works, it also does backup and network storage.
I also have a MiFi from Verizon, $50 a month or so and have never busted the plan and I worked on it.. Great for remote...

I think so, yeah. You get 100 ft., huh. That's quite a lot! I was talking to someone yesterday who gets up to 80 ft. I want to be able to take my tablet out by the pool or sit under a tree and read.
Get zero over. She can sort out all your wifi problems, hook you up with a range extender and kick ass cabling, clean your viruses and then show you her dick.

Jesus Christ. Not interested. Thanks.