Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Al Sharptons daughter suing NYC for $5 Million
Because she tripped and sprained her dainty little ankle

[Image: amd_sharpton.jpg]

She learned at the feet of a master.

Shakedown artist Al Sharpton’s eldest child wants $5 million from city taxpayers after she fell in the street and sprained her ankle, court rec­ords show.

Dominique Sharpton, 28, says she was “severely injured, bruised and wounded” when she stumbled over uneven pavement at the corner of Broome Street and Broadway downtown last year, according to a lawsuit.

Currently on vacation in Bali, the membership director for her gadfly dad’s National Action Network claims she “still suffers and will continue to suffer for some time physical pain and bodily injuries,” according to the suit filed against the city departments of Transportation and Environmental Protection.

“I sprained my ankle real bad lol,” she wrote in a post to Instagram after the Oct. 2 fall.

She was pictured in a walking boot in the weeks following the tumble, but by December, Dominique was good to go for NAN’s Justice for All march in Washington, DC, and for a New Year’s Eve jaunt to Miami Beach.

And despite claiming “permanent physical pain” in a breathless notice of claim, there are social-media shots of her in high heels, and another of her climbing a ladder to decorate a Christmas tree.

The legal shakedown is right out of her dad’s pay-to-playbook.

Al Sharpton has used threats of protests and boycotts against large companies as a way to generate huge corporate donations, his critics charge.

Everyone from McDonald’s, Verizon, Macy’s, General Motors, Chrysler and Pfizer have forked over cash to the elder Sharpton.

The Rev on Saturday said he didn’t know the status of his daughter’s legal claim. “She’s 29 years old. Why would she have to talk to me about that?” he said of Dominique, whose mother is Sharpton’s ex-wife, Kathy. “I just know that she was hurt and that she got a lawyer and she’s a grown woman. [Where] she goes from there, I have no idea.”

Broken sidewalks and rough pavement can be a windfall for pedestrians. One plaintiff, Denise Giles, snagged a cool $2.25 million settlement seven years after suing the city’s Health and Hospitals Corp. for failing to fix a broken sidewalk outside one of its clinics. Giles claimed she needed ankle surgery as a result of her fall.

Her payout was one of 885, or $60 million worth, that the city made over 22 months for defective sidewalks.

Dominique Sharpton claims she fell in a crosswalk, which would make hers a “defective roadway” claim. The city received 774 such claims in the 2014 fiscal year alone.

She was left with “internal and external injuries to the whole body, lower and upper limbs, the full extent of which are unknown, permanent pain and mental anguish,” she alleges.

The younger Sharpton is seeking the damages for “loss of quality of life, future pain and suffering, future medical bills, [and] future diminution of income,” according to court papers.

Sharpton’s lawyer, John Elefterakis, said she had “multiple ligament and tendon tears” and “has not had any involvement in selecting a figure that would be fair and adequate compensation for her pain and suffering. The number was selected by my firm and is meant as a safeguard for Ms. Sharpton in a worst-case scenario.”

If she scores her legal windfall, she might want to give her dad a handout; he reportedly owes $4.5 million in unpaid taxes.

Suing for this kind of thing is such bullshit. Pay attention to where you're walking. Jesus. She'll win. People have won for less. My boss was sued by someone who went to the job site in heels and she sprained her ankle, she got 5 grand.

I hate that someone's stupidity awards them money.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

If people can be awarded for doing dumb shit then I want them fined for doing dumb shit too.
Hey, the nut don't fall far from the tree. Waiting for daddy to come out and say the broken sidewalk tripped her because she is black.
Try not paying your taxes like Al Sharpton and see what happens to you... I wonder if his scam artist daughter will be responsible to pay those when he kicks?
(05-17-2015, 03:25 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Suing for this kind of thing is such bullshit. Pay attention to where you're walking. Jesus. She'll win. People have won for less. My boss was sued by someone who went to the job site in heels and she sprained her ankle, she got 5 grand.

I hate that someone's stupidity awards them money.
I think it say's she was paid so they probably settled out of court.
From the NY Post:

The Rev. Al Sharpton’s daughter unwittingly proved that her $5 million sprained-ankle suit against the city is a mountain of BS.

Dominique Sharpton posted pictures to Instagram showing she completed a difficult mountain climb in Bali, Indonesia — even though her suit says that “she still suffers” debilitating pain after twisting her ankle in a street crack in Soho last year.

She didn’t seem to realize that her mountaineering exploits might undermine her legal claims as she bragged online about the difficulty of her ascent.

“We hiked UP the mountain, over the clouds… into the SUNRISE,” Dominique, 28, wrote in the May 16 post.

“One of the most beautiful sites ever. And YES I ALMOST DIED GETTING UP THERE LOL. #Balidays we made it, WHEW.”

She also posted another picture on the photo-sharing site of the sun rising over a blanket of clouds.

She described the sight as “unreal.”

What legal experts saw as truly unreal, however, is the younger Sharpton’s brazen boasting after she claimed in court papers that she was in “permanent physical pain.”

“It is starting to look like Tawana Brawley is orchestrating the Sharpton trial strategy,” quipped CNN legal analyst Paul Callan. “It graphically demonstrates bad judgment and good feet. It all adds up to no case.”

As The Post reported exclusively on Sunday, Dominique Sharpton says she sprained her ankle in a crosswalk at Broome Street and Broadway on Oct. 2, 2014.

Her April 29 suit says, “She still sufferers and will continue to suffer for some time physical pain and bodily injuries.”

While she was seen using a walking boot in the weeks after the alleged accident, by December, she was showing up in social-media images wearing high heels.

Now, her alpine adventures may sink her dubious case for good.

“Ms. Sharpton’s decision to climb a mountain in Bali and then post an incriminating photo on Twitter is a gift to the defense,” Callan said.

But her lawyer, John Elefterakis, said, “Ms. Sharpton did sustain multiple ligament and tendon tears in her ankle” and added that, despite her mountain exploits, she “has not returned to her pre-accident form.”

The younger Sharpton could still prove she was in bad shape for several weeks and deserves compensation — even if it’s much less than $5 million, said workers’-comp and disability lawyer Edward Scheine.

Nonetheless, Dominique Sharpton didn’t do herself any favors boasting about the mountain climb.

“This could mitigate the value of this case,” Scheine said.

A rep for the New York City Law Department declined to comment on Sharpton’s claims, other than to say, “The suit will be reviewed

She's a twat.
She's a terrible person just like her father is.

She should be ashamed of herself. Dramaqueen
Al Sharpton knows no shame, and passed that trait down apparently.

Nigger
God I hope she loses the suit; no settlement and no payout.

Hopefully, the photo (below) from the recent hike referenced in QueenBee's post will help ensure she doesn't get a dime outta the city.

[Image: sharpton_daughter1.jpg?w=680&h=415&crop=1]

Scammer.
Did this get dropped?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
After the hiking photo surfaced, Dominique realized that she wasn't in that strong of bargaining position, Maggot.

So, rather than limp away empty handed, she and her partner agreed to take the city's Style, Entertainment, & Travel Grab-Bag settlement offer........

..........Which turned out to contain:

[Image: il_570xN.782559133_1gw3.jpg]
^ A powerful, timeless and fashionable button collection (auctioned off by Rachel Dolezal)!

[Image: Dukes-of-Hazzard-Box.jpg]
^ All full boxed set of one of America's favorite classic tv shows!!

And, last but not least,
[Image: bus-train-ticket.jpg]
^ 2 tickets to paradise (Baltimore, MD)!!!

*snicker*
Power to the people!!!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.