Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ever get a speeding ticket . . . . .
. . . .for going too damn fast!?

Many years ago, I had a 73 XKE, that had a speedometer that went up to "160" mph. One night on an empty highway at 2 am, I tried to see just how fast I could get it to go. At around 130, it felt like floating on air, things wizzing bye fast, so I backed off the accelerator, and it felt like I dropped out an anchor and slowed right down to around 90. Anyway, it still felt like it didn't top out, and could have gone faster, but I never pressed my luck again, once was enough.

(Oh yeah, I was lucky enough to "not" get a ticket, as no cops were around) Smiley_emoticons_stumm

[Image: jag_zpsfgldto8r.jpg]
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I got pulled over for speeding but didn't get a ticket so that doesn't count.

One of the town cops shakes his finger at me for my loud music but he always smiles so I blow him a kiss.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I speed regularly, but cops around here don't seem interested in chasing motorcycles.
They have cameras now cars your famous!

[Image: 1306235419_old_man_loses_teeth.gif]
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I have in fact gotten a couple of speeding tickets for going too damn fast, Cars.

I also got a speeding ticket once for doing the speed limit (bastard CHP).

Interestingly, I have never gotten a speeding ticket for going too slow, or failure to signal, or anything like that though. Smiley_emoticons_wink
More than I care to admit.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Yep, quite a collection over the years. I am a safe driver, but I drive a LOT of miles, more than most folks.
Never got one for anything really fast, usually 5 or 10 above the limit. Never for redlight, unsafe, no signals or any of that.
I had a 77 vette L82 that had 140 on the speedo and got pretty close to that several times.
Drove a 75 Ferrari that would do 160, I hit about 140 in that, Way fun.
I've gotten three speeding tickets. One local(47 in a 30 mph zone)and years ago and two just recently(48 in a 30 and 36 in a 30). The two recent ones are the worst because they were both in the same area of downtown Troy and both were issued by the same cop. Just sent the most recent ticket in yesterday. Hope I don't get hit with another driving responsibility assessment like the last ticket or get my license suspended.
I got one on the NJ Turnpike once... unmarked cop driving behind me gave me a ticket right at the spot where it goes from 65 to 55. I tried to say I didn't have time to slow down, and he told me I should be moderating my speed ahead of the sign so that I am at 55 when I cross the sign.

Meanwhile other cars were zipping past me the whole time - but out of state plates on my car meant I wasn't going to show up in court to fight the ticket. Trooper Douchface gave me a ticket for 65 in a 55.
I like that car Cars, its sleek. Hi Ho Silver awayyyyyyyyy!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

It's a great looking car but I would be very uncomfortable in it. I like something a little bigger, safer. I would have loved it when I was younger. It's taken me a long time to learn fear.
I never ever got a speeding ticket, luckily for me.
(hope I just didn't jinx myself)

The only ticket I ever got was years ago, it was for "extra loud" mufflers"!
The Cop could have just given me a warning, but it seemed he was pissed that I had a nice car! Anyway, as it turned out, I fought the charge in court, and won, charge thrown out!
As the judge ruled, "loud" was a matter of opinion, and apparently the judge liked loud mufflers himself! 64

(Today, Lexus, Mercedes , & or Audi are more my speed. Have one of those now, looking into getting a new one. Decisonns, decisions)

I was just talking to someone yesterday who wants an Audi. I don't pay much attention to cars so I'm not familiar with it.
I have been stopped approximately 6 times in my life, thus far, but thank God, I only received warnings in each case....
(06-05-2015, 04:26 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: I have been stopped approximately 6 times in my life, thus far, but thank God, I only received warnings in each case....

That's amazing, guess "flashing" works! Smiley_emoticons_stummSmiley_emoticons_winkSmiley_emoticons_smile

(06-05-2015, 10:03 AM)Clang McFly Wrote: I've gotten three speeding tickets. One local(47 in a 30 mph zone)and years ago and two just recently(48 in a 30 and 36 in a 30). The two recent ones are the worst because they were both in the same area of downtown Troy and both were issued by the same cop. Just sent the most recent ticket in yesterday. Hope I don't get hit with another driving responsibility assessment like the last ticket or get my license suspended.

Why don't you just stop doing 48 in a 30, dumbass? Do you like paying tickets? You can get away with 5 miles over and maybe 10 if your car is a nice sleek SUV, but you drive a piece of shit. You can't be speeding when you're driving a crap car. You stick out like a sore thumb.
(06-05-2015, 06:19 PM)sally Wrote: a nice sleek SUV

Earlier I was thinking about how nice it will be when the day comes I no longer have a car payment and then I read that ^^^^^. There are some fabulous looking SUV's out there.
yes I have, but big deal, so what? who cares? I thought that was normal.
(06-05-2015, 06:19 PM)sally Wrote:
(06-05-2015, 10:03 AM)Clang McFly Wrote: I've gotten three speeding tickets. One local(47 in a 30 mph zone)and years ago and two just recently(48 in a 30 and 36 in a 30). The two recent ones are the worst because they were both in the same area of downtown Troy and both were issued by the same cop. Just sent the most recent ticket in yesterday. Hope I don't get hit with another driving responsibility assessment like the last ticket or get my license suspended.

Why don't you just stop doing 48 in a 30, dumbass? Do you like paying tickets? You can get away with 5 miles over and maybe 10 if your car is a nice sleek SUV, but you drive a piece of shit. You can't be speeding when you're driving a crap car. You stick out like a sore thumb.
why don't you just suck my balls, bitch? it may not be the best car but its paid off and gets me out of the house and where I want to go.
(06-06-2015, 11:21 AM)Clang McFly Wrote: why don't you just suck my balls, bitch?

hah Normally I don't laugh when people tell me that, but for some reason it sounds funny when you say it.