Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Oregon Teen Sex Changes w/o Parental Consent
The list of things 15-year-olds are not legally allowed to do in Oregon is long: Drive, smoke, donate blood, get a tattoo -- even go to a tanning bed.

But, under a first-in-the-nation policy quietly enacted in January that many parents are only now finding out about, 15-year-olds are now allowed to get a sex-change operation. Many residents are stunned to learn they can do it without parental notification -- and the state will even pay for it through its Medicaid program, the Oregon Health Plan.

While 15 is the medical age of consent in the state, the decision to cover sex-change operations specifically was made by the Health Evidence Review Commission (HERC).

Members are appointed by the governor and paid by the state of Oregon. With no public debate, HERC changed its policy to include cross-sex hormone therapy, puberty-suppressing drugs and gender-reassignment surgery as covered treatments for people with gender dysphoria, formally known as gender identity disorder.

STORY
How does a 15 year old come up with the cash for the op without parental assistance?
(07-09-2015, 09:54 PM)crash Wrote: How does a 15 year old come up with the cash for the op without parental assistance?
paper route, fake charity, selling drugs, etc.
(07-09-2015, 09:54 PM)crash Wrote: How does a 15 year old come up with the cash for the op without parental assistance?

The state is picking up the tab.

Or should I say, Oregon taxpayers.
Well that is fucked up. Only in America can you not drink until 21 but get your swapadicktomy paid for on the government tab.
Something that monumental should be delayed until age 25 or older.
You are missed...RIP Lady Cop

So they allow a kid to do this but they won't put a kid to death for a vicious crime because their brain isn't fully developed yet?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(07-10-2015, 01:31 AM)crash Wrote: Well that is fucked up. Only in America can you not drink until 21 but get your swapadicktomy paid for on the government tab.
hahhahhah
(07-10-2015, 04:03 AM)imsuchawildflower Wrote: Something that monumental should be delayed until age 25 or older.
Why? They should be able to enjoy their new gender while their young and attractive, not old and wrinkled.

I read something recently pertaining to transgender youth and transitioning. It's said that a better result is achieved when it begins in the teen years before the masculine & feminine bone structure begins to take hold, that's just a tiny bit of it, it's way more complicated than that. I don't really have a problem with someone so young doing this if they have lived their life as their transgender self but I don't have a good feeling about the state paying for it nor their parents not being involved/informed.
(07-10-2015, 01:34 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(07-10-2015, 04:03 AM)imsuchawildflower Wrote: Something that monumental should be delayed until age 25 or older.
Why? They should be able to enjoy their new gender while their young and attractive, not old and wrinkled.
25 is old and wrinkled? I must look like a bag of shit! hah
(07-10-2015, 02:01 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
Well I kinda meant the "or more" part but yeah 25 is close to old age for women at least. I'm sick of hearing women comment how their "29" for the 5th year in a row.
That same 15 year old having sex with a teacher is child abuse.

But give them a life altering surgery that they are not of a rational or emotional maturity for and the school and state will make it happen.

Do I have this right Oregon?
(07-10-2015, 03:28 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: 25 is close to old age for women at least

hah Clang, Clang, Clang.
(07-10-2015, 03:28 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(07-10-2015, 02:01 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
Well I kinda meant the "or more" part but yeah 25 is close to old age for women at least. I'm sick of hearing women comment how their "29" for the 5th year in a row.

And you wonder why you've never had (and probably never will have) a woman.
(07-10-2015, 03:39 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-10-2015, 03:28 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: 25 is close to old age for women at least

hah Clang, Clang, Clang.
What? *sheepish grin*
That's absurd. As Tiki pointed out, all the things you CAN'T do at 15 but a sex change is a-okay. I can't see back to the first post (on my phone) to see if this is mentioned but in some states you need parental permission to go to a tanning salon (bed) under 18.

If I were the parent, I'd flip over a physician doing anything along those lines (hormone injections, whatever) without my knowledge.

It's somewhat hypocritical but I don't necessarily feel the same (at all) about the morning after pill or abortions (up to a certain stage which I have yet to decide upon...it's around 15-16 weeks max though).
Commando Cunt Queen