Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guess what I'm making!!
Yup, I've got a ton of these things. Time consuming though.

[Image: jalapeno+poppers+006.jpg]
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
No clue, but it's breaded, so I'll like it! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

They're hotter than your muffler running in the garage.
Jalapeno poppers. By time consuming do you mean you actually made them yourself from scratch or it's just time consuming to open the box?

Jalapenos are also good stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in bacon and put under the broiler or on the grill.
You twit, of course they're from scratch, they have to be breaded 3 times and dry for each dip. Cream cheese, extra sharp cheddar, dipped in milk then a special flour mixture 3 times with the final dip in bread crumbs. Then deep fried in Crisco in the deep fryer. I wore safety glasses when I took out the pits and guts. I used half of the pepper for each one.

I got 30. I thought the peppers I got were regular peppers so grew them for the first time this year. I didn't know what else to do with them. Some people wrap them in bacon like you. I stay away from them though they're mentally aggressive, mean and downright grumpy all the time.
(08-31-2015, 07:11 PM)Maggot Wrote: They're hotter than your muffler running in the garage.

That's what I call razor blades in, and razor blades out! Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Mmmmm poppers. Nom Nom Nom

TGI Fridays actually have some in the frozen food aisle that are as good as freshly made.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
They look divine. When Maggot says hot, I hope he doesn't mean chilli hot. He said cheese. Those green peppers are they hot hot? That would spoil it for me. But it looks beautiful.
(08-31-2015, 08:04 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: Those green peppers are they hot hot? That would spoil it for me.

You'd be able to handle it. I don't like hot hot either but I love poppers.
I like ham and jalapeno sandwiches. Thin slice of ham, half of a fresh jalapeno on a lightly buttered piece of bread folded in half. As dorky Duchess likes to say Nom Nom Nom.

Whew. I thought you were going to rip on me for mentioning frozen poppers.
(08-31-2015, 08:16 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Whew. I thought you were going to rip on me for mentioning frozen poppers.

To both Maggot and Duchess . . .

Try deep fried jalapeƱos stuffed with . . .

Peanut Butter or Ahi.

I was a scoffer and a skeptic until I popped those lil devils in my mouth, at some hoity-toity Black Tie event.

Convert!
(08-31-2015, 07:51 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Mmmmm poppers. Nom Nom Nom

TGI Fridays actually have some in the frozen food aisle that are as good as freshly made.
yeah they're ok, but I love Sonic's jalepeno poppers. They're better than their subpar burgers.
I've never had their food, just their worst ever lemonade.
(08-31-2015, 08:56 PM)Duchess Wrote: I've never had their food, just their worst ever lemonade.
their candy slushies are way too cold and frozen. Maybe I should dip some jalepeno poppers in them and melt them.
(08-31-2015, 08:04 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: They look divine. When Maggot says hot, I hope he doesn't mean chilli hot. He said cheese. Those green peppers are they hot hot? That would spoil it for me. But it looks beautiful.

I have made them before. You are able to control how hot they become. First, you have to remove all the seeds and membrane. Then boil them for a few minutes. The longer you boil them the less heat there will be.
Why would anyone want to remove the heat from jalapenos?

That's like making a stud stallion a gelding.

Love the beaners . . . love the heat!
(09-01-2015, 10:49 AM)BlueTiki Wrote: Why would anyone want to remove the heat from jalapenos?

That's like making a stud stallion a gelding.

Love the beaners . . . love the heat!
This. I wrap mine in bacon and bake them until the bacon is crispy. I'm not big on fried foods.
(09-01-2015, 09:57 AM)QueenBee Wrote: The longer you boil them the less heat there will be.
This also describes my testicles.
How come nobody said anything? I was cleaning out those sons of bitches in the sink, I had surgical gloves on and was peeling those fucking things and got to about the tenth one when it hit me.
I started coughing and my eyes were watering and the more I did the worse it got. It was like the air was getting sucked out of my chest. They must have created like a mist of devil juice because I had to stop every 60 seconds to wheeze and cough and sneeze like a goddamn idiot.
After what seemed like 3 hrs but it was about 30 min I finally had the seeds out and stuffed so fucking far down the trash compactor I thought it would burn the PVC and pipe out the wall.
I couldn't get them shoved into the bucket fast enough and a lid on them. There they sit in the refrigerator I aint touching them things again till tomorrow when I finally finish them.

Son of a Bitch, that sucked! It was like getting maced and pepper sprayed at the same time. 2 hours later I licked my mustache and my tongue caught on fire. You fuckers never said nuttin!!!!